Where's the Sportsmanship?

BUC4LIFE

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont even know anything about em or anyone from there...but im aint trousdale co since last friday...91-0 come on...seriously

SERIOUSLY 91-0!!!!! The article says it all. Coach Satterfield cried to TSSAA with other so he wouldn't have to play the privates. Says thay have an unfair advantage. His reason is private school kids are "smarter than his" (his words not mine) His defenders will say the private schools recruit, but those schools are in DII. Nothing against the young men who play football at TC. Their coach is just, well lets say cowardly. You will see how he has influenced a community of people when his defenders get on here. He is dogmatic and arrogent. I'm sure a good coach, meaning he knows X's and O's. He's just not a good person.

Here is another great article on the subject.

http://www.winchesterstar.com/TheWincheste...rts_coaches.asp

I like what the one coach said: “We don’t want our kids to have egos inflated by having a lopsided score. We want our kids to display class and dignity. I feel as a coach, it is my responsibility to teach them more than just football. I’ve never coached a player that’s made a living playing on Sundays in the NFL. I don’t know that I ever will. So I have to teach them other things that they can use.”

SERIOUSLY 91-0!!!!! The article says it all. Coach Satterfield cried to TSSAA with other so he wouldn't have to play the privates. Says thay have an unfair advantage. His reason is private school kids are "smarter than his" (his words not mine) His defenders will say the private schools recruit, but those schools are in DII. Nothing against the young men who play football at TC. Their coach is just, well lets say cowardly. You will see how he has influenced a community of people when his defenders get on here. He is dogmatic and arrogent. I'm sure a good coach, meaning he knows X's and O's. He's just not a good person.

91-0 is ridiculous, what is also ridiculous is how far people keep going with this, clint could have(should have) done somthing to keep it closer but, no one seems to aknowledge that the outcome of that game was nothing more than the sum of its parts, one of (if not) the best teams in 1a vs. one of (if not) the worst teams in the state, limited rosters on both sides, fumbles, int., returns, no one keeps the clock running, one team decidedly superior athletically. yes it got out of hand(and it shouldn't have) but can anyone on here really say it was that big of a surprise, in my opinion (and i humbly understand that is all it is) this has become a witch hunt for satterfield, please let it be known that i am not a big fan of clints, but even in this "brilliant" article by this "genious" ( i really hope you pick up on the sarcasm here im trying to put it on a pretty thick)Donovan stewart, can you not see that guy obviously doesnt like clint he even uses this score as a spring board to start the "dodging arguement" also in the ridiculous column, how can any of you actually believe one man has the influence to change all these things, none of you have any proof of these things and i have no proof to disuade you, when we talk about that we might as well be spitting in the wind, that said blowouts happen all the time but, but for some reason(coach, #1 team, the asinine things that some, not all harstville fans put on here)people on here are acting like this is the first blowout in the history of football, yes clint didn't show a lot of class, but you on here are praising mr stewart's column only because you agree with it, not because its a good piece of journalism, the first thing they teach in journalism classes is how to be nonobjective and and present all the facts, mr. stewart does neither, he simply got his opinion published :(

91-0 is ridiculous, what is also ridiculous is how far people keep going with this, clint could have(should have) done somthing to keep it closer but, no one seems to aknowledge that the outcome of that game was nothing more than the sum of its parts, one of (if not) the best teams in 1a vs. one of (if not) the worst teams in the state, limited rosters on both sides, fumbles, int., returns, no one keeps the clock running, one team decidedly superior athletically. yes it got out of hand(and it shouldn't have) but can anyone on here really say it was that big of a surprise, in my opinion (and i humbly understand that is all it is) this has become a witch hunt for satterfield, please let it be known that i am not a big fan of clints, but even in this "brilliant" article by this "genious" ( i really hope you pick up on the sarcasm here im trying to put it on a pretty thick)Donovan stewart, can you not see that guy obviously doesnt like clint he even uses this score as a spring board to start the "dodging arguement" also in the ridiculous column, how can any of you actually believe one man has the influence to change all these things, none of you have any proof of these things and i have no proof to disuade you, when we talk about that we might as well be spitting in the wind, that said blowouts happen all the time but, but for some reason(coach, #1 team, the asinine things that some, not all harstville fans put on here)people on here are acting like this is the first blowout in the history of football, yes clint didn't show a lot of class, but you on here are praising mr stewart's column only because you agree with it, not because its a good piece of journalism, the first thing they teach in journalism classes is how to be nonobjective and and present all the facts, mr. stewart does neither, he simply got his opinion published :(

Big flaw in your arguement. You don't pass in the third quarter if you are already up big unless you are trying to score. If you want to train your kids you need to do it early when you see the game is getting out of hand. I have been there and I know. By crushing your opponent and saying it is their fault for not having a running clock is not right. Run dive plays between the tackles and go home.

Big flaw in your arguement. You don't pass in the third quarter if you are already up big unless you are trying to score. If you want to train your kids you need to do it early when you see the game is getting out of hand. I have been there and I know. By crushing your opponent and saying it is their fault for not having a running clock is not right. Run dive plays between the tackles and go home.

even bigger flaw in your retort, i never justified the play calling or the score and i never blamed the clock on any of the players(obvious coach's decision), im just saying that people are using this score(and i have already made clear that i dont agree with it) as the newest starting point in a arguement against clint, and dont think your the only person thats "been there" i played in games were i was told to punt on 1st and ten(id rather a team beat me 1091-0 than punt it back to me on 1st nd ten), also a football player (especially a freshman) should never be told to lay down, not after working hard all season, getting whipped by 1st team just to be sent out on the field and told to lay down. i dont blame rbs for anything i played them and i have a great deal of respect for them, but that doesnt change the writing on the wall, for heavans sake the line was TC by 84 this was going to happen, im not boasting in fact im ashamed of the things alot of people from trousdale have posted on here but that still doesnt change the fact that when teams of such different caliburs meet this is the result, finally 1 more time so you get it, i dont agree with the late in the game play calling. that said. what do you think the score was going to be 14-12, in all actuallity on paper and on the field trousdale is probably pretty close to being 12 to thirteen touchdowns better than rbs but that doesnt mean they had to put on the board :(

Edited by snoball5278

To all you who have NO IDEA what you're talking about: I was there Friday night and saw everything. Coach Satterfield did in fact have 4 starters on the sidelines (not dressed out). He also pulled the starting team in the First Quarter and put in the second string, with the score at 21-0. It just so happens that our second string can probably play with anybody in the States first string. For that, there should be NO APOLOGY!! You can't put in players that have worked hard all year in practice and in games and tell them NOT TO PLAY!! In doing so, you would lose the respect of the whole team. You people are not taking into consideration that there were 8 fumbles and 3 interceptions by RBS. TC recovered 4 of the fumbles and returned 2 of the interceptiopns for touchdowns (almost all the turnovers were created by our second string players). I sat and watched (and felt bad for the kids of RBS) RBS make mistake after mistake. For that our coach can't apologize either. I think unless you were there and saw the game, you should refrane from making uncalled for accusations against our team and/or coach!! What is it to you people anyway? I have no respect for a member of the press who writes biased articles!! They should be completely unbiased and tell the WHOLE STORY or none at all!! That's all I have to say (for now) except if you get the chance, come to Murfrewesboro on Dec. 2 and watch us play.

:(