Where's the Sportsmanship?

BUC4LIFE

This article was right on the front page of the Weekend Blitz sports page in the Chattanooga Times-Free Press this morning.

The article is by Steve Hargis (Prep Editor) of the TFP:

Film trouble:Temple faces No. 1 team sans (without) preview

Steve Hargis is a South Pittsburg graduate, the same South Pittsburg that TC will possibly meet in the third round. I'm sure Mr. Hargis is biased against TC also, since this team has knocked SP out of the state playoffs before. Steve Hargis just can't find it in himself to write anything very positive about any team that beats the Pirates.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 47 yard TD pass on 4th down? Why was TC not punting?

If TC's punter punts his average RBS is pinned about the 5, best case the punt goes in the end zone and the ball is at the 20, if the defense steps up and stops the play RBS gets the ball outside their 40. If you were an offensive coach, which starting position would you prefer?

If sportsmanship is the question, then why have there been Super Bowls that has had 50+ points scored. Don't you think that the NFL woudn't have made some rule on how many points to score. Point is you can't let your team just quit and punt the ball on 1st down they have worked hard all year and you just can't let them quit becouse the other team is 0-10.

If sportsmanship is the question, then why have there been Super Bowls that has had 50+ points scored. Don't you think that the NFL woudn't have made some rule on how many points to score. Point is you can't let your team just quit and punt the ball on 1st down they have worked hard all year and you just can't let them quit becouse the other team is 0-10.

I believe there is a little bit of difference between high school and the pros.

If TC's punter punts his average RBS is pinned about the 5, best case the punt goes in the end zone and the ball is at the 20, if the defense steps up and stops the play RBS gets the ball outside their 40. If you were an offensive coach, which starting position would you prefer?

LOL! So what, RBS takes the ball at the 20 and runs the clock! Better than TC putting up more points, dont you think? The score was 77-0 do you think the RBS staff was really worried about field position? And if Satterfield was so eager to give RBS a chance to stop the play then why was he throwing the ball to the outside? You gotta stop with the excuses! ;)

I believe there is a little bit of difference between high school and the pros.

I would say you are right! Who is gonna compare High School Sports to Pro Sports?

LOL! So what, RBS takes the ball at the 20 and runs the clock! Better than TC putting up more points, dont you think? The score was 77-0 do you think the RBS staff was really worried about field position? And if Satterfield was so eager to give RBS a chance to stop the play then why was he throwing the ball to the outside? You gotta stop with the excuses! ;)

Wasn't an excuse, wasn't a justification, simply a question that you didn't answer.

Wasn't an excuse, wasn't a justification, simply a question that you didn't answer.

If it was a close game then the 47 yard line, but 77-0, I wouldnt care as long as I had the ball and the clock was running! But then again if it was a close game then Clint would have punted so once again I have made your point mute! ;)

96-40 was the score rbs put on tc back in 2002 in basketball. this was when the team was short handed because the starters were playing football. Point being - sometimes we reap what we sow.

88-33, 73-24, 95-22, are scores Temple's basketball team put up on weaker opponents this past year.

Therefore, like rbs what comes around goes around. Bring your A-game because it's on!

How's that for sportsmanship??

Looking for a reply from Donovan Stewart please!