week 12 White House at Greenbrier

timbdp

If Greenbrier happens to win, and so does pearl-cohn where will we play? Does anybody really care about the streak? Can't WHite House show class and take a loss, and quit thinking of excuses. This game has nothing to do with week 10, it is about right here right now. Stop Ladd and we go to the quarterfinals CATS! Dandy, stick to your day job. :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if greenbrier wins and pearl-cohn wins game is at greenbrier

if greenbrier wins and notre dame wins game is at notre dame

if white house wins and pearl-cohn wins game is at pearl-cohn

if white house wins and notre dame wins game is at notre dame

Edited by timbdp

if greenbrier wins and pearl-cohn wins game is at greenbrier

if greenbrier wins and notre dame wins game is at notre dame

if white house wins and pearl-cohn wins game is at pearl-cohn

if white house wins and notre dame wins game is at notre dame

no matter who wins either white house or greenbrier they will play away. this is the last game at home for the bobcats no matter what.

no matter who wins either white house or greenbrier they will play away. this is the last game at home for the bobcats no matter what.

In all play-off games, in the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the procedure shall be rotated in the third round and semifinals. However, in the third round if two teams from the same region play each other, the higher seeded team shall be the host.

http://tssaa.org/2005Champions/StateFootball/home.htm

Guest catfish-hunter

Sounds like you are pretty confident in Notre Dame

I believe you Greenbrier fans are lookin' for talk that isn't there........ Quit lookin' over your shoulder........ Read the posts...... they don't deal with "talk"....just observations.....

You guys are showing your nerves......

Dandy, you are the typical White House jerk (one of many that have helped me develop a hatred for your community in just 5 1/2 short years). You aren't making an observation. You are flat out TALKING and showing your arrogance!

You are trying to imply Greenbrier has waaaaaaay too much pressure on them to make sure it isn't 24 years in a row. Please....mind games are for the weak. That may work around town in White House....but don't bring your childish games this way.....just bring your football team!

Edited by FatCat

Hey, this will be a fun game for us......... no pressure on our boys, we are not supposed to win.......

Not only does Greenbrier now have to protect the streak breaker, but has the added pressure of stopping a 23 year skid. 23-1....... but 24 years straight......Not a task I would like to tackle.......to stop.......

If you are a Greenbrier fan, you can relish the streak ending but now face the task of stopping 24 years in a row........ WOW......

No pressure, Dandy? I understand you trying the reverse psychology, but no pressure?

What seed are we? #3. Where is this game? Greenbrier. Who won the game two weeks ago? Greenbrier. I have to agree that the streak has nothing to do with playoffs. We said ourselves that Greenbrier didn't rub our noses in it. But I guess some White House fans can't let it go. Childish if you ask me, cause it's over and done.

We'll go play this game and do our best, I'm sure. But Greenbrier playing us for all these years is not like playing Polk that is unfamiliar. Porter and Williams know how the other thinks. We only won by 7 against Polk. We got beat by 10 against Greenbrier. These two teams know each other too well for either to be a runaway. But man, White House needs to be realistic. And as much as I love the blue, without a passing game, if Greenbrier doesn't do us in Pearl Cohn or Notre Dame will. Some may say I don't have faith but hey if its' being said in the stands, I can say it here. It's not like Greenbrier hasn't seen it for themselves.

Edited by WHHS1975

Ah yea of little faith.

Of course the streak has nothing to do with this game. What this game is about is two teams that will simply play smash mouth football.

Ladd was contained the last time around with the exception of his 73-yard run. However, the running game of White House is too potent to be shut down for too long. Also, it is very difficult to beat a team twice in the same season unless that team is one of those 2-8 clubs that slip into the playoffs every year.

I have seen the Devils pull out the win too many times when the odds were stacked against them to think they can't do it again.

Remember in the 1998 playoffs when Brock Waggoner never attempted a single pass in our playoff victory over Howard? IT CAN BE DONE!!!!! Our difficulties in the passing game are simply another challenge to be overcome. I do think it unfortunate that SOME people in the stands (they're not true WH fans) would rather criticize our quarterback than root for him.

As for Dandy82----you Greenbrier fans need to get a sense of humor. What we say on these posts has virtually no outcome on the game whatsoever. It's all good natured fun. -----ADVOCATE23----- :D:):lol::lol::)

Edited by advocate23

Adv.23:

I also remember Brian Jones going 45 for 245 yards against Portland in the playoffs with no Josh Lanius at quarterback, that was also Waggoner's start.

He whipped Gerald Turner head to head and then Turner won Mr. Football two weeks later over him, but alas, the voting was done at that point I understand.

Excellent point ! ! ! :D

FatCat please shutup!!!! Our football team will be there. Other than a win the only other thing I hope for is that you are not there..... I will go out on a limb and put a prediction on this game....

WH-17

GB-7

Josh Buddy, you missed a great game. Hope you can be at the next one- :)

I stood and watched those seniors holding hands on the field after the game. These boys have it in em :)

Go Blue Devils