week 12 White House at Greenbrier

timbdp

Ah yea of little faith.

Of course the streak has nothing to do with this game. What this game is about is two teams that will simply play smash mouth football.

Ladd was contained the last time around with the exception of his 73-yard run. However, the running game of White House is too potent to be shut down for too long. Also, it is very difficult to beat a team twice in the same season unless that team is one of those 2-8 clubs that slip into the playoffs every year.

I have seen the Devils pull out the win too many times when the odds were stacked against them to think they can't do it again.

Remember in the 1998 playoffs when Brock Waggoner never attempted a single pass in our playoff victory over Howard? IT CAN BE DONE!!!!! Our difficulties in the passing game are simply another challenge to be overcome. I do think it unfortunate that SOME people in the stands (they're not true WH fans) would rather criticize our quarterback than root for him.

As for Dandy82----you Greenbrier fans need to get a sense of humor. What we say on these posts has virtually no outcome on the game whatsoever. It's all good natured fun. -----ADVOCATE23----- :):):):):)

I too have watched the Bobcats win too many times when the odds were stacked against them. I've been in the stands when Greenbrier beat Sycamore and Marshall County during the season and then again in the playoffs. Sycamore's game came down to a one yardline defensive stand. Marshall County's playoff game was a shutout. I'd say the odds were pretty low. But it happened.

My faith is in our Bobcats. They wanted this game just as much as the Devils wanted to come back to try to avenge their loss. Granted, I'm sure the Blue Devils want to come out of this year out with something because the Region Title is ours. But don't plan for Round #3 just yet. The Bobcats aren't just going to lay down.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dandy, you are the typical White House jerk (one of many that have helped me develop a hatred for your community in just 5 1/2 short years). You aren't making an observation. You are flat out TALKING and showing your arrogance!

You are trying to imply Greenbrier has waaaaaaay too much pressure on them to make sure it isn't 24 years in a row. Please....mind games are for the weak. That may work around town in White House....but don't bring your childish games this way.....just bring your football team!

Woah, Fatcat, don't blow a gasket!!!!!! From the tone of your post and your hate filled reply, it sounds as if you can't turn loose of the streak....... Take a drink of Maalox.......

It is fans such as you that can't seem to have any fun..... It's high school football, for christs sake. We are not trash talkin' like other teams and fans, we are enjoying a high school rivalry........ I don't even want to imagine how a few high school football games ( you said only 5 and one half years) could help me hate my neighbor......

Just for the record, I haven't met any Greenbrier fans I would call "typical Greenbrier jerks"....... Maybe that's because if WH is fortunate enough to win I'll enjoy the win and If we are unfortunate and lose I won't develop a hate for my neighbors...... But I certainly hope we can get on here and crow a little bit...... or possibly break out in song.......

If Greenbrier happens to win, and so does pearl-cohn where will we play? Does anybody really care about the streak? Can't WHite House show class and take a loss, and quit thinking of excuses. This game has nothing to do with week 10, it is about right here right now. Stop Ladd and we go to the quarterfinals CATS! Dandy, stick to your day job. :rolleyes:

Alas, I love my day job, but as many who live near the Music City, my heart just wants to break out in song..... ;)

Ah yea of little faith.

Of course the streak has nothing to do with this game. What this game is about is two teams that will simply play smash mouth football.

Ladd was contained the last time around with the exception of his 73-yard run. However, the running game of White House is too potent to be shut down for too long. Also, it is very difficult to beat a team twice in the same season unless that team is one of those 2-8 clubs that slip into the playoffs every year.

I have seen the Devils pull out the win too many times when the odds were stacked against them to think they can't do it again.

Remember in the 1998 playoffs when Brock Waggoner never attempted a single pass in our playoff victory over Howard? IT CAN BE DONE!!!!! Our difficulties in the passing game are simply another challenge to be overcome. I do think it unfortunate that SOME people in the stands (they're not true WH fans) would rather criticize our quarterback than root for him.

As for Dandy82----you Greenbrier fans need to get a sense of humor. What we say on these posts has virtually no outcome on the game whatsoever. It's all good natured fun. -----ADVOCATE23----- :rolleyes::lol:;):lol:;)

Hey, Advocate......The Greenbrier fans don't bother me...... Most of 'em are nice people and enjoy the give and take...... But there are always a few, on both sides by the way, that just can't put A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME into perspective..... :

Here's to another low scoring (P.S. both teams don't pass) battle.....

Hey, Advocate......The Greenbrier fans don't bother me...... Most of 'em are nice people and enjoy the give and take...... But there are always a few, on both sides by the way, that just can't put A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME into perspective..... :

Here's to another low scoring (P.S. both teams don't pass) battle.....

Nope Dandy both teams don't pass- But they do have a running QB that looks great on the field and I do believe he is the one that helped GB score a few touchdowns that night. Just an added threat :lol:

No pressure, Dandy? I understand you trying the reverse psychology, but no pressure?

What seed are we? #3. Where is this game? Greenbrier. Who won the game two weeks ago? Greenbrier. I have to agree that the streak has nothing to do with playoffs. We said ourselves that Greenbrier didn't rub our noses in it. But I guess some White House fans can't let it go. Childish if you ask me, cause it's over and done.

We'll go play this game and do our best, I'm sure. But Greenbrier playing us for all these years is not like playing Polk that is unfamiliar. Porter and Williams know how the other thinks. We only won by 7 against Polk. We got beat by 10 against Greenbrier. These two teams know each other too well for either to be a runaway. But man, White House needs to be realistic. And as much as I love the blue, without a passing game, if Greenbrier doesn't do us in Pearl Cohn or Notre Dame will. Some may say I don't have faith but hey if its' being said in the stands, I can say it here. It's not like Greenbrier hasn't seen it for themselves.

"Don't ever take sides against the family..." Michael Corleone- The Godfather

Should be a great game. Always has been. Always will be.

I am just glad the game isnt decided on these boards.

:P

advocate 23,

It's "Oh ye of little faith." Butt :thumb: , whatever...

WHHS1975,

Some people will deny the obvious (even if it is hurting the team) mostly because they're scared of what others may think of them. I call it the "why can't we all just get along" syndrome. Conversely, I have the "I'm gonna say this because it's the truth and we're all thinking it anyway" syndrome. Thanks for calling it like you see it (you're not 'joshing' me are ya?).

In regards to the comment about Butch Savage, of which I agree, we have two guys that do the radio broadcast (delayed on 1100 AM, Sat. AM) and they also do a classy job. Complimentary (when it's deserved) and always fair to both sides.

Welcome back, BDP. As you know, better get there early!

Go Cats! :P

stats for the Polk County Game.

Let's see, Ladd had 242 yards, Hamby was held to 29 yards.

Polk County was held to 123 yards total yardage and scored their field goal off a pass pick that they could not advance in the red zone.

White House Defense is running on all cylinders, it will be a defensive game this Friday.

I say WH 14 Greenbrier 0.

That's right, I predict a shut out.

It's going to be a great game in a great football town featuring two great programs that have tremendous defensive ability. The crowd should be spectacular and it's going to be great.

stats for the Polk County Game.

Let's see, Ladd had 242 yards, Hamby was held to 29 yards.

Polk County was held to 123 yards total yardage and scored their field goal off a pass pick that they could not advance in the red zone.

White House Defense is running on all cylinders, it will be a defensive game this Friday.

I say WH 14 Greenbrier 0.

That's right, I predict a shut out.

It's going to be a great game in a great football town featuring two great programs that have tremendous defensive ability. The crowd should be spectacular and it's going to be great.

:lol::lol:;) Thanks, that will be something to laugh about all week.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2