Fayette Academy @ Union City

treefitty74

Fayette Academy from Somerville,Tn. winning a state crown in Mississippi...I have heard of some Louisiana privates in that Mississippi organization but not Tennessee teams..Did SBEC go into that also for awhile and how did that work???..Who would you play and what kind of travel would you have to endure??Were you actually called Fayette Acd back then??

Old Hickory Academy (now known as USJ) was a member of the MPSA at one time, as were Tennessee Academy (Brownsville), Rosemark Academy, SBEC, and some others. Of course, Tennessee Academy is no longer in operation, and SBEC's orginal school complex was located in Tennessee. Rossville Christian Academy (located in the southwestern corner of Fayette County) is still a member of the MPSA.

Some of the teams that Fayette played were Marshall Academy (Holly Springs), Magnolia Heights (Senatobia), Lee Academy (Clarksdale), Kirk Academy (Grenada), and others. Travel did become somewhat of a problem, and traveling time and cost was one of the main reasons that F.A. made the decision to join the TSSAA.

Fayette Academy has been existence for 40 years, and has always been called Fayette Academy.

Good luck to both teams tonight.

Some links of possible interest:

MPSA

Fayette Academy

Edited by beserkr

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be surprised if this game is a blowout -- not a blowout by epic proportions (see Alcoa's first-round win), but a blowout of 3-to-4 TDs.

Then, don't be surprised if UC beats JCS next week by at least 2 TDs, if JCS can get past McKenzie.

I'm just saying that this season has made it very clear to me the difference between 2A and 1A in West Tennessee. And, I'm not just talkng about what UC has done to 1A teams. Look how USJ struggled in 2A after years of dominating 1A.

This is one of those intangibles that people are always talking about.

I did say that UC would probably win, and I also said I doubted it would be by 3 or 4 touchdowns. I also said that UC and FA were evenly matched. You remember, both teams (not just FA) willing to quit 3 times this year. (See post #37) Did FA really quit for the 4th time this season, or did the Vikings give it their all until the end?

6 - 0, that is a blowout of epic proportions! Yes UC is good for a 1A team, but I am sure the Tornadoes were a little surprised that they didn't run all over this 1A team!

I'm sorry if what I am about to say hurts your feelings, but it is just something people are talking about. The Tornadoes won't be playing for the 1A championship this year! Its just the level of 1A competition that the Tornadoes will now have to face.

By the way, have you seen the JCS - McKenzie score. Just in case you haven't, I'll let it be a surprise! (I guarantee you, it was no surprise to the fans of Region 8 - 1A.) Do you think the Eagles still might be at least a 2 TD underdog next week?

I don't!!!

Edited by beserkr

I am proud of the effort that the FA Vikings put forth tonight! You have nothing to be ashamed of. There are some of us Vikings who live in Northwest Tennessee and were pulling for you tonight. However, you came up a little short; yet, Union City was sweating down to the last snap. Congrats on a fine season! WE ARE PROUD OF FAYETTE ACADEMY FOOTBALL TEAM!

P.S. I did not get to attend the game!

Congrats to the Tornadoes on their win tonite vs the Fayette Acd Vikings....The 6 pt prediction on a Union City win was right on....6-0 never would have been anybodies prediction though...Hard fought game and Fayette Acd has nothing to be ashamed of..Congrats on a fine season...

As for the 2-3 touhdown prediction and I think mine was 34-14..It doesn't matter Union City still won,but I'm glad I didn't have any money on a point spread...6 or 20 a win is a win...I'll even take a 7-6 win over JCS...

It's a little early though to write off Union City's chances of making the 'Boro because of a close game with the Vikings..The playoffs are supposed to be tough....Good Luck to both the Tornadoes and Eagles next Friday on what should be an excellent high school football game...

Just a comment on last nite's game @ Union City...

Did FA give their all? Oh, I think they did! Could FA have used a little more offensive momentum? Both teams could have. Were they expecting to blow out UC, No...but they new they could win. FA could have taken the game up until the last minute, it wasn't UC's game until the clock ran dn. Did FA hold the UC defense...OH yeah! Will FA be back? Defenitely! Great game from both teams, for the Senior Players and Parents it's always a sad farewell! Good luck to all the playoff teams. Think I'll pull for JCS in this one.