Mark Wattenbarger resigns

Jet Pride

say there jet pride u seem to know alot about this.Its not been on radio and in the papers.Who do u think needs to get the jobs?outside coach or inside county coach.

If memory serves me outside coaches lost a lot of football games there.Watt came and turned the program around.But i'd like too see a big name coach come and try

and get it to the next level.The problem is nobody really wants to come there.It will

be hard to win in Crossville in the next 4 or 5 years.New schools are a ad thing for

sport programs.and your school system still has elem.k-8 schools a football killer

no school system with elem.school do very well.School Boards are usually the problem,most people on them are clueless about sports.Middle schools are what would help Crossville.WELL good luck to the new coaches .

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

say there jet pride u seem to know alot about this.Its not been on radio and in the papers.Who do u think needs to get the jobs?outside coach or inside county coach.

If memory serves me outside coaches lost a lot of football games there.Watt came and turned the program around.But i'd like too see a big name coach come and try

and get it to the next level.The problem is nobody really wants to come there.It will

be hard to win in Crossville in the next 4 or 5 years.New schools are a ad thing for

sport programs.and your school system still has elem.k-8 schools a football killer

no school system with elem.school do very well.School Boards are usually the problem,most people on them are clueless about sports.Middle schools are what would help Crossville.WELL good luck to the new coaches

It's on www.crossvilletalks.com & www.crossville-chronicle.com/

There is only one of these jobs posted at the TSSAA website (November 9).

Search Begins For Head Football Coaches For CCHS and SMHS

With the resignation of Coach Wattenbarger from the head football coach position at Cumberland County High School , the search begins for head football coaches for both Cumberland County high schools. Director of Schools, Dr. Pattie Ragsdale stated that both jobs are currently posted on the TSSAA website, and that the positions will also be posted locally. Both she and Principal Roger Eichelberger will be screening the positions carefully, in order to hire the best 2 possible applicants for CCHS and Stone Memorial High School. Anyone interested in the position of head football coach for Cumberland County High Schools should contact Mr. Chris King, Human Resource Director.

being an old jet but not getting to see them very much but keeping up with them for the last twenty years I for one hate to see him go. Since he's been there at least there was a reason to keep up with the jets. I can't say that for anyone else since Coach Vanwinkle. When he arrived they had only one winning record in since 1982 and only one playoff appearance in school history. I dare say since classifications started he has the second best winning percentage in school history, took them to more playoff appearances than anybody else and probably as many wins as anyone. Tied for a region championship in 2002(only one other district championship in 1982 was also a tie but won the tiebreaker) if not for a fluke play in the 98 playoffs against eventual state champions Oakland would have probably beat them Oakland never had another close game en route to state championship.

Coach good luck wherever you end up and thanks for making jet football interesting again!!!

Was that Dan Vanwinkle? Old jet eh? Coach Long in the seventies was a great coach is he still living in the area?

What about Mark Pemberton?

Has already been there twice. once as an assistant and once as a head coach. Only won 2 or 3 games as a head coach there, but winning a bunch where he's at now. maybe the talent is just not where you can compete everyyear. Obviously Pemberton is a good coach but couldn't win at CCHS.

ONlY 2 coaches have sniffed a region championship. Vanwinkle and Wattenbarger. give Vanwinkle another shot.