Mark Wattenbarger resigns

Jet Pride

Principals were named at a press conference on Friday Dec. 16. Mr. Eichelberger currently at Cumberland County High will move to Stone Memorial. Mrs Janet Graham who is currently at Stone Elementary will move to Cumberland County. Have not heard when changes will actually take place. Expect interviews at least for CCHS to begin after the Christmas break. Would like to see Coach Marty Davis given the opportunity at one of these schools he has been extremly loyal to the Jet footbal program for a long time.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A total of 40 applicants have responded to the search for coaches at the high schools here. That total has been narrowed to 11 and each of those will be interviewed on Jan. 2 by a committee comprised of various segments of the education field. Only two of the applicants are local. That, to me, indicates that a lot of people believe that athletics are alive and well here in Cumberland County.

The new facilities at Stone Memorial High School and continuing improvements at CCHS certainly show a commitment by the powers-that-be.

I also understand that each high school will have an athletic director who will also serve as an assistant principal, or vice-versa. Most likely there will also be an assistant or associate athletic director at each institution. I continue to hope that Coach Vanwinkle remains involved with the athletics programs. He has been there a long time and, no doubt, has many contacts that are invaluable. In any case, I'm sure that after the initial glitches that are sure to come with the opening of a new school, all the programs will thrive. Do you reckon there will be any sort of rivalry between the two schools? The future should be exciting.

• 2 weeks later...