Round 2 - Greenbrier vs. White House

titans89

Just as Mac57 spoke of White House having pride in your team, Greenbrier has just as much in our Bobcats. In the back of my mind I keep hearing that old commercial line "we've come a long way, baby". No Greenbrier doesn't have initials (BDP) but we've got Bobcat Pride and it is immeasurable. In all sports, the Bobcats have increasingly built strength and consistency in their playing abilities. Be it softball, baseball, basketball, volleyball, golf or football, Greenbrier has come a long, long way.

The Bobcat football team of years past have worked on unity in the team and a brotherhood on and off the field. Whether it be in Sunday afternoon touch football, or everyday practice, these boys "click". Last year's senior team had spent every year since they were in elementary playing together. This year, most everyone expected the team to fall short because we watched those seniors leave in May. These boys that are playing in Week 12 knew more than we did. They knew they had something special too. And they've showed it. I think of that line that was said on CSS at the last WH-GB game..."anything you can do, I can do better"..this is motivation for the 2005 Bobcat team. They were on the field and sidelines for the State Title game last year. They have a taste of something they want again and they have the offense and defense to get it done. They have proven alot of people wrong, and shown that they too have what it takes to carry this team through. No the key to our game is not one particular star, our key is one united team. They can get this done, but win or lose, we are proud of our Bobcats. We love the Green Machine!

You know how, Bobcats. Focus, focus, focus.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making a prediction for this game ends up being a battle between the head and the heart. Not many are giving the Blue Devils much of a chance in this game because they have a lesser record than teams of the past. They also don't think they can win because they didn't prove anything in Greenbrier two weeks ago. After early scoring by both teams the defensives stepped up for both and matched each other blow for blow. I wasn't sure going into the first matchup that White House could stay in the game and they definitely proved me wrong.

I'm going with White House in a close one this week. They "git 'er dun" by 1 .

I saw WH play Macon early in the year and Ladd broke 2 td in the 4th to beat the Tigers. He is a great back and if not contained WH will win. I have'nt seen GB play but friends told me against Macon their defense was solid it's hard to beat a good team with a good running game twice in a season but I think if GB contains Ladd they will win in a close one GB 10-WH 7.

White House is probably thinking they will come back and win this round. Hopefully Porter is not thinking about passing to do so. Big mistake if he is. That's been shown by incomplete passes and interceptions like in the last two weeks.

Greenbrier is probably thinking they just want to keep this thing rolling. The game two weeks ago gave them the confidence to know what it takes. Consistency and power is the name of their game.

Should be a good one but somebody wins, somebody goes home. I agree with the other 90% on the Big Ones. Greenbrier has too much strength to let this one get away.

I predict Greenbrier wins by 7 (or more).

The key for Greenbrier is the same as it has been all year.......simply playing sound, mistake free football. They don't have a Ricky Ladd.....they have much more. They have a football team that plays as one unit. They have a team that executes and plays well for 4 quarters. More importantly, they are very consistant.

From what I can tell, White House has been very inconsistant this year. A lot of folks keep saying, "IF White House plays like they did against Polk Co......" Well, the problem is they don't play that well consistantly and hence the advantage Greenbrier has.

Just as Mac57 spoke of White House having pride in your team, Greenbrier has just as much in our Bobcats. In the back of my mind I keep hearing that old commercial line "we've come a long way, baby". No Greenbrier doesn't have initials (BDP) but we've got Bobcat Pride and it is immeasurable. In all sports, the Bobcats have increasingly built strength and consistency in their playing abilities. Be it softball, baseball, basketball, volleyball, golf or football, Greenbrier has come a long, long way.

The Bobcat football team of years past have worked on unity in the team and a brotherhood on and off the field. Whether it be in Sunday afternoon touch football, or everyday practice, these boys "click". Last year's senior team had spent every year since they were in elementary playing together. This year, most everyone expected the team to fall short because we watched those seniors leave in May. These boys that are playing in Week 12 knew more than we did. They knew they had something special too. And they've showed it. I think of that line that was said on CSS at the last WH-GB game..."anything you can do, I can do better"..this is motivation for the 2005 Bobcat team. They were on the field and sidelines for the State Title game last year. They have a taste of something they want again and they have the offense and defense to get it done. They have proven alot of people wrong, and shown that they too have what it takes to carry this team through. No the key to our game is not one particular star, our key is one united team. They can get this done, but win or lose, we are proud of our Bobcats. We love the Green Machine!

You know how, Bobcats. Focus, focus, focus.

Very nice post. A "star" is nice to have no doubt about it but a "team" is so much more important! I have told my son repeatedly when I see Greenbrier take the field, I see 11 players! A "star" cannot do his job unless he has the rest of the team behind him.

And players can have bad nights and when they do it is the coaches job to rework and put in different players. In Greenbrier we are fortunate that they can do this with their players, the coaches have them ready when needed.

I am sure White House does this as well. I feel like credit is due to both teams, coaches and fans!

Good Luck to both teams but of course I want Greenbrier to WIN!

The key for Greenbrier is the same as it has been all year.......simply playing sound, mistake free football. They don't have a Ricky Ladd.....they have much more. They have a football team that plays as one unit. They have a team that executes and plays well for 4 quarters. More importantly, they are very consistant.

From what I can tell, White House has been very inconsistant this year.

It has been a difficult year dealing with a lot of injury with key personnel.

It's hard for a team who started the year with such extraordinary promise to battle back from having so many key players injured and out. There will be people ready to go Friday that did not play the last time we went to GB. So that will be interesting.

It will be a great game. That should not be in question.