McMinn Central

gridiron13

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they finished second when Marty was the coach- but it wasn't because of him. They were loaded with talent that year and really underperformed all year until playoffs. I'm not sure Gossett would be the best choice, but if they don't have any teaching slots open up he will be their guy. He is definitely best choice on staff right now. Not many people I know would take this job unless they let you bring several guys with you. Don't think that is going to happen. Good luck to Chargers and anyone that takes this job.

Yes, they finished second when Marty was the coach- but it wasn't because of him. They were loaded with talent that year and really underperformed all year until playoffs. I'm not sure Gossett would be the best choice, but if they don't have any teaching slots open up he will be their guy. He is definitely best choice on staff right now. Not many people I know would take this job unless they let you bring several guys with you. Don't think that is going to happen. Good luck to Chargers and anyone that takes this job.

Maybe Coach Wild would come back.

Wild left McMinn Central to take the Bradley job, it was a huge pay raise for him at the time. If Coach Williams doesn't take another teaching job Brian will be the only choice they have left. I have never worked with any of those guys, however I do know they are good guys. I think Brandon Derrick is a logical choice. He has spent some time down in Georgia with Coach Wild and is looking to make it back home to the McMinn area. I agree with Johnny whoever takes it has their hands full because there are no teaching slots to bring in his own guys. In this day and time if you can't bring in at least a couple of your own coaches it makes it difficult. I am anxious to see what happens.