Gary Rankin

For dummies like you, Kit's sister works at Riverdale, she is a PE teacher and assistant girls basketball coach and has been for a few years now. His brother-in-law (his sisters husband) is a coach on Riverdale's freshman football team. His mother is also a teacher at a elementary school here in town. I can tell you exactly were he lives also. So is that still considered recruiting?

And did you forget that Marcus' brother Eric was arguably the best player ever to come through RIVERDALE. Mr. Football in 1996 and 1997. Marcus never wanted to go to Blackman, but since thats where his father lived and worked, he did. Now he lives with his mother and its not like the TSSAA doesnt know about it so it must be legal.

So call it recruiting if you want, I call it desire to be a part of a winning program. Obvious reasons why these to came and wanted to go to Riverdale.

ONE FOR THE THUMB

Yeah but do you remember where Eric lived until 8th grade? Cookeville. Then somehow, his dad happened to get a job in Murfreesboro or something like that, and eirc went to riverdale. definitely smelled fishy at the time.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to correct you good buddy, but it has been every year for the last three. Personally, I hope the guy sticks around. I want to see what he can do with Rockvale High coming in and slicing his enrollment to shreds....and with a superintendent that isn't partial to RHS.

The same thing that he did when Blackman came. Win some more.

Rankin is leaving, just as fast as he can get out of Murfreesboro. He knows he will no longer be able to win. He has to move now. He has told several people that he is leaving and has took action to do so. I was hoping he would stay around. I would love to watch him as he loss several games each yr. Hopefully, Cookeville will put an end to his career at Riverdale.

Usually when he does this he REALLY wants something ...he got the stadium by applying at Gallatin even though he never had a real chance of getting the job. I will believe he is leaving when he is gone otherwise I wouldn't expect to see him go anywhere.

I love reading some of these posts so full of mis-information.

On the stadium issue. I was the one who, for years, tried to get our county commission to fund stadiums for Riverdale and Oakland or at least one stadium for them to share. But it was the opening of Blackman that moved the stadium issue. 3 (and later 4 with Siegel) couldn't share MTSU.

I have also been reading on Coach T since its inception how 'this is Rankin's last year."

Well, predict it often enough and one day, be it this year or years from now, it will come true....

But some of these same folks who are predicting it this year predicted it in past years. Will they, while gloating they were right the year he does leave, admit that in years past they had it wrong???? :thumb:

Coach Rankin still hasn't won back to back championships. Hopefully this will be the year.

Second, I really do doubt he would tell a Smyrna player BEFORE he tells his own team that he is leaving. Son told me tonight he has said NOTHING to his own team about leaving.

Whether he goes or stays, R'dale WILL reload. Alot of Juniors and Sophmores are getting alot of playing time this year for it not to happen.

Sorry to correct you good buddy, but it has been every year for the last three. Personally, I hope the guy sticks around. I want to see what he can do with Rockvale High coming in and slicing his enrollment to shreds....and with a superintendent that isn't partial to RHS.

Sorry to correct you but it's been EVERY year since 1993!! haha

North Cobb High School in Georgia now has an opening. A large school with 2600 kids, they finished 2-8 in a large region. Could he turn it around??

GO GARY, GO........................PLEASE!!! hahaha

Coach Rankin still hasn't won back to back championships. Hopefully this will be the year.

Second, I really do doubt he would tell a Smyrna player BEFORE he tells his own team that he is leaving. Son told me tonight he has said NOTHING to his own team about leaving.

Whether he goes or stays, R'dale WILL reload. Alot of Juniors and Sophmores are getting alot of playing time this year for it not to happen.

Would you tell your team while your still in the playoffs....

Edited by Harris' hooligans