Toughest Tournaments

werazzlin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sommers, Sommers, is that you over there? I could hardly see through all of the smoke. What are you talking about? You try to guess who I am, then you talk to me as if I am Coach Connell. In the same paragraph, you start questioning me and complimenting Coach Connell. Believe you me, I can only be 1 person, I can't change like a chameleon. You kept changing tenses so much you made me drunk on the English language. Take a puff!

As for how would my team match up in the G. P. West tournament? What's that all about? That does not make it one of the best tournaments in the state. Take another puff!

Showing the results from the McCallie tournament last year does not mean "we must admit, G. P. West is amongst the strongest traditional tournamnets in TN.", unless you count all tournaments. If you include every tournament in the state, then I guess you would be correct and it would be included. My point was McCallie tournamnet is the toughest in the state period. Take another puff! Ryan is 2nd. Take another puff! Bradley's tournament is good and so is Memphis Houston and Christian Brothers. Cleveland's has always been good. Take another puff!

I can be jealous at times, but I don't think I could ever be "jellious". If I were you, I guess I would be proud to brag to everybody how we have the best hospitality room and concessions in the state. That's something to hang your hat on. If you can't talk about the stellar competition, talk about something else. Take another puff!

"We got another POWERFUL PURPLE TEAM IN OUR TOURNAMENT". Who might this be? What is this about? Does this put the Dog Pound Invitational on the map, ONE POWERFUL PURPLE TEAM? Is Ryan leaving their own tournament to drive towards God's country only to stop about 1/4 of the way here to attend the Dog Pound Tourney? Please tell me things have not gotten that bad at Ryan. Could it be they lost their score keeper? Nobody else to run the clocks? Say it ain't so Ryan. Things must really be tough in Nashville to have a team host a tournament only to be a no-show, a la George Jones. Take another puff!

Sommers, take a chill pill & cool out.

P.S. Did you attend the Hall of Fame banquet last night? Best award dinner presented in TN. If not, certainly had the best food of any Hall of Fame banquet in TN. I guess this makes the G.P. West tournament amongst the strongest traditional tournaments in TN.

P.S.S. Congratulations to all of the inductees and to the committe who put banquet together. It was a great evening for all. Good times, good stories and plenty of laughs. Abbott and Goss are a hoot!!!!

Sommers,

...is up there...what are you smoking? By far the toughest tournaments in the state are the McCallie tournament, don't even try to argue another and the Ryan tournament. The G.P. West tournament is a good tournament. The Bradley tournament is getting better every year. Houston and Christian Brothers put on a pretty good tournament. However, I believe you have been influenced too much by that always top of the line, slugfest of a tournament, the Dog Pound Invitational. The outstanding wrestling at this tournament has clogged your mind. Please, when you come to the state tournament, share what you are smoking. I would encourage you to attend the Ryan tournament this year, however, I see you will be preoccupied with the stellar competition at Smyrna.

Good luck to you at the Dog Pound tournament, for I am sure there will be many state champions in the great city of Smyrna that weekend. Stellar tournament.

I would like to respond to this...but I'm going to bite my tongue. Just keep in mind...no one ever mentioned the Dog Pound until you brought it up.

I would like to respond to this...but I'm going to bite my tongue. Just keep in mind...no one ever mentioned the Dog Pound until you brought it up.

Coach Gonyea,

Don't let some people bother you. Most fans realize there is a need for tournaments like the Dog Pound and we appreciate all of the effort you go through to host it.

Ruff! Ruff!

Coach G, don't bite your tongue, let it wag.

Is this the same Coach G who was going to quit last year after the Regions? Come on now Coach, relax. Your tournament is great for what it represents. I just wanted to point out Sommers intellect.

Coach, no need to get the dog pound in a ruff.

SBA, glad to see your return. I thought I was going to have to put out an APB for you on the west side. Word has it that Elvis is working at McDonald's off Beale Street and it has been easier getting information about him than you.

Glad for your return. Don't stay away so long next time.

"We got another POWERFUL PURPLE TEAM IN OUR TOURNAMENT". Who might this be? What is this about? Does this put the Dog Pound Invitational on the map, ONE POWERFUL PURPLE TEAM? Is Ryan leaving their own tournament to drive towards God's country only to stop about 1/4 of the way here to attend the Dog Pound Tourney? Please tell me things have not gotten that bad at Ryan. Could it be they lost their score keeper? Nobody else to run the clocks? Say it ain't so Ryan. Things must really be tough in Nashville to have a team host a tournament only to be a no-show, a la George Jones. Take another puff!

Sommers, take a chill pill & cool out.

You crack me up, but not in the way YOU may be thinking. This really had me going and I must thank you for your hysterical observations :thumb:

Ruff! Ruff!

Coach G, don't bite your tongue, let it wag.

Is this the same Coach G who was going to quit last year after the Regions? Come on now Coach, relax. Your tournament is great for what it represents. I just wanted to point out Sommers intellect.

Coach, no need to get the dog pound in a ruff.

SBA, glad to see your return. I thought I was going to have to put out an APB for you on the west side. Word has it that Elvis is working at McDonald's off Beale Street and it has been easier getting information about him than you.

Glad for your return. Don't stay away so long next time.

hespinnedref,

Why are you looking so hard for SBA? I got it from a good source that he has been in a foxhole with the "OLD COONHOUND" down in Memphis.

The votes are in:

McCallie

Father Ryan

Cleveland Duals

Houston

CBHS

Bradley

Dog Pound

The Purple Team

Give the Dog Pound a year or two before it gets any recognition. I hardly know any tourneys in their infancy that are considered killer. We started this tournament for a specific reason...to give some confidence to guys who might not get it at a tougher tournament.

By the way, we did have some state medalists at our tourney last year.

Jason Casteel

Kenny Meredith

Aaron Martin

DeAntonio Johnson

Not as many as others, but for a first year tourney, not too bad.

And this year, we have added Clarksville and some Memphis flavor

GO BULLDOGS

Also, I wasn't going to quit last year...my statement was that maybe I should allow another coach to come in and help the Bulldogs move to another level. Yet several made it sound like I was crying and quitting. Not the case.

It's going to be a great year though....Let's wrestle

Gonyea

And this year, we have added Clarksville and some Memphis flavor

Gonyea

IT IS ABOUT TIME!!! After all of Sommers' hot air and after Coach G's failed attempt to "bite his tongue", I FINALLY get an answer to my question about the identity of the Powerful Purple Teams -- Clarksville and CBHS.

At first I thought that it was Clarksville chickening out of the Ryan Tournament, and I was right. They never have done very well as a team at Ryan, so why not go somewhere that they can be a big fish in a small pond.

But then the "Memphis flavor" hint gave me more information than I had anticipated, and now it makes perfect sense. Last year, CBHS was suppose to go to some tournament out of state (Missouri?) but realized that they would get torched because it was way out of their league. So, at the last minute, CBHS tried to get into the Ryan Tournament as a safe haven (in that they would only get ruined at Ryan instead of getting torched), but they were rejected. This year, CBHS tried to get into the Ryan Tournament again and, once again, they were rejected. Thus, CBHS was in search of a tournament where they would not get torched or ruined and the Dog Pound Invitational fits the bill -- since it is not one of the toughest tournaments in Tennessee AT THE MOMENT.

Stay the course Coach G -- you are doing a good job and the tournament will get tougher every year as it matures.

Edited by PinU46

IT IS ABOUT TIME!!! After all of Sommers' hot air and after Coach G's failed attempt to "bite his tongue", I FINALLY get an answer to my question about the identity of the Powerful Purple Teams -- Clarksville and CBHS.

At first I thought that it was Clarksville chickening out of the Ryan Tournament, and I was right. They never have done very well as a team at Ryan, so why not go somewhere that they can be a big fish in a small pond.

But then the "Memphis flavor" hint gave me more information than I had anticipated, and now it makes perfect sense. Last year, CBHS was suppose to go to some tournament out of state (Missouri?) but realized that they would get torched because it was way out of their league. So, at the last minute, CBHS tried to get into the Ryan Tournament as a safe haven (in that they would only get ruined at Ryan instead of getting torched), but they were rejected. This year, CBHS tried to get into the Ryan Tournament again and, once again, they were rejected. Thus, CBHS was in search of a tournament where they would not get torched or ruined and the Dog Pound Invitational fits the bill -- since it is not one of the toughest tournaments in Tennessee AT THE MOMENT.

Stay the course Coach G -- you are doing a good job and the tournament will get tougher every year as it matures.

B) hey Coach Gonyea, I like this guy ''pinu46''. At least he gives you a pat on the back with compliments while he stabs you there at the same time with small cheap shots.... lol pinu46...And Sommers, as far as ''hespinnedref'', his screenname might need to be changed to ''hespickedonthewrongman''!!!!!... talk is cheap.... actions speak louder than words.... dont talk about it...be about it!!!! He's wrestling words with the wrong guy... and I'm sure He'd want no mat time with you either. :thumb:

CBHS might actually be the mystery purple team but there are several other Memphis teams that will be coming to The Dog Pound including Saint Benedict and Briarcrest and that could be the flavor that was referred to...