Loudon vs Alcoa--Two Best 2A Teams in TN?

DrawingDead

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coalman, honest question to consider:

If players receiving "unsportsmanlike conducts" and "personal fouls" is a reflection of the coaching staff not doing a good job of "disciplining their team"--which was a knock I've heard against one of your former head coaches--then does the coaching staff have to shoulder any of the blame for this incident?

Just interested in your opinion ... I'm making no judgements.

They do indeed. Actually, they do a pretty good job with discipline but for some reason with B.W. it does not hit home. I have watched Dustin Lindsey absorb cheap shots and crap all year and he keeps his emotions in check. He takes care of it within the game. For whatever reason , Brandon cannot seem to do it. I guess he has no choice now. Overall , I believe discipline should be better but you know we never know for sure what a high school football coach is dealing with. Kids from different environments have different issues. I guess we must walk in another man's shoes to understand completely. B)

Edited by Coalman

well the news did not lie. BW was tossed and I agree it was a picky call but I think the refs sent him a message. I saw at least two more occassions where he could have been called for unsportsman like. although Alcoa is not a losing team BW is a sore loser. our group in the stands could tell that he was losing it and would most likely be tossed in the second half. and I whole heartedly agree that Brandon acts like a thug. in fact several of the Alcoa players along with some of the coaching staff fits into that catagory. what kind of coach allows his team to do pre game chants that say " you're scared ho, you're scared ho" . I will be the first to admit that Alcoa is a good and very athletic team but they have class and character that equals that of a jack ######. so many times that a good play was committed by Alcoa and theyturn around a look like a bunch of monkeys on the field with all the head shaking and dancing. in my opinion that is taunting. I only wish I had remebered to buy bannanas to toss. and as for the coaching staff. Ried is a sawed off punk of a coach. his team runs him, he does not run the team. if BW makes it to FSU then he will be right at home with all the other thugs. hats off to the Loudon team, they played hard and had Alcoa in good possition late in the third. I root for Tyner next week or anyone else that plays The University of Alcoa Thugs. I bet your daddys would be real proud if you knew who they were.

Whoa, i like that. You wont see that at TCHS, Clint won't have taunting on his team. Alcoa might be the best but if the coach can't control them I hope they go down.

i fully understand emotion in the playoffs but the refs were out on the field none of us were , and he had probably heard,saw and had enough! :) and a kids behavior also reflects on his coaches. if they let him get by with stuff like that all year and it has been a problem then they need to correct it. but it looks like they just give a crying baby a bottle and look the other way. :thumb:

i was at the game, and i did see the actions commited by the thug brandon warren, and thats exactly what he is, however i also seen the actions committed by dustin lindsey, a very good football player, but what i appreciated the most was the respect he showed to his opponent. i seen him help numerous players from loudon up after the play. he is a very classy guy and i respect him for it. warren however, that guy just needs to stay off the field, i mean come on alcoa is up like 14 or 21 to 0 and he catches the football for about a 20 yard gain, i mean thats no reason to start taunting your opponent, thats just stupid to act that way. however i do congragulate you alcoa for a good game. i thought there for a while loudon had a chance to win this one, but it just was not there night.

well the news did not lie. BW was tossed and I agree it was a picky call but I think the refs sent him a message. I saw at least two more occassions where he could have been called for unsportsman like. although Alcoa is not a losing team BW is a sore loser. our group in the stands could tell that he was losing it and would most likely be tossed in the second half. and I whole heartedly agree that Brandon acts like a thug. in fact several of the Alcoa players along with some of the coaching staff fits into that catagory. what kind of coach allows his team to do pre game chants that say " you're scared ho, you're scared ho" . I will be the first to admit that Alcoa is a good and very athletic team but they have class and character that equals that of a jack ######. so many times that a good play was committed by Alcoa and theyturn around a look like a bunch of monkeys on the field with all the head shaking and dancing. in my opinion that is taunting. I only wish I had remebered to buy bannanas to toss. and as for the coaching staff. Ried is a sawed off punk of a coach. his team runs him, he does not run the team. if BW makes it to FSU then he will be right at home with all the other thugs. hats off to the Loudon team, they played hard and had Alcoa in good possition late in the third. I root for Tyner next week or anyone else that plays The University of Alcoa Thugs. I bet your daddys would be real proud if you knew who they were.

THUGS??? I have to laugh!!! Do you know any of these boys??? They are good young men who LOVE the game of football!!! As far as the chanting, I don't know what they did last night because I wasn't there for the beginning of pregame (when they do their chant), but I've never heard them say anything of the kind before! I did, however, think it was funny when Loudon attempted to chant and hit their pads; it was pretty pathetic! I love getting there for pregame and watching the boys having a good time and getting themselves fired up. This is a great group of guys who are truly a team. They congratulate each other when a great play is made. I didn't realize this wasn't allowed. They get each other pumped up after a play is made. I didn't realize this wasn't allowed, either.

As for the ejection: The 1st penalty was unsportsmanlike conduct, the 2nd was actually a personal foul (which I guess was for unsportsmanlike conduct). I heard that Alcoa will appeal; hopefully they'll get that ridiculous call overturned. BW is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I thought it was awful the way Loudon tried to get Brandon to throw punches. I think it was a total setup. I'm just glad it didn't determine the outset of the game. Alcoa really stepped up and played like they should have after the ejection; maybe we should be thanking them for getting the boys fired up after that.

The refs were the worst we've seen all year; including Ky. They really helped Loudon out on several occasions. There were numerous holding calls they missed, as well as a pretty critical pass interference. I was extremely disappointed that the refs weren't at the level that you would expect from a playoff game.

Now, that being said: Loudon came to play. It was an exciting football game, and I thank Loudon for that. They played their hearts out; it just wasn't enough. Congratulations to Loudon for making it this far, and we're looking forward to meeting ya'll next year.

Edited by aliastn

So you're wanting to talk about class acts and stuff huh? Well why dont you just drop the N-Bomb next time with the whole "Monkey", "Bannanas" "thug" references. Alcoa for years have come out and chanted. if you think You scared ho is bad then why didnt you say anything in 2000 when our team ran over everyone in the state sayin Murder Murder kill kll $hit$ real on the battel field???? How can you call a team classless that gets up for their games by listening to rap music or doin chants? Just casue alcoa isnt some Bible huggin christian team or some redneck hillbilly lets listen to Hank Jr before games doesnt give you any right to call them classless or thugs. BW is one of the best players to EVER come through Alcoa, but at the same time he is one of the dumbest. If you are gonna eject someone for spinning a ball on the ground then why not ejeect them for swinging the punch in the first place. If you wanna toss BW out of the game for fighting fine you wont hear a complaint from me but that Loudon player better hit the sidelines too. The Refs in that game stunk!! It wasnt just against alcoa it was againts Loudon also. These were the worse officials EVER! I'll be ###### if im gonna just sit back and just let somebody politically correctly use racial terms on black students at Alcoa! Obviously you or any of your family didnt have the "grapefruits" to get the job done cause Alcoa is still in the playoffs. I dont always agree with what Alcoa does but calling them a thug is uncalled for and very immature and very very CLASSLESS! You wanna call a high school student classless then look to the drug dealers, look to the kids that shoot up the school dont look at those players who pour their hearts out on that field and give everything they have in them to better themselves in life. BW my not be the sharpest kinfe in the drawer, i dont know ive only met him once but hes doin his job and hes gonna get a college education at FLORIDA STATE something im sure you cant say. So before you open your mouth and cram your foot down you throat think about what you wanna say because youve been watching one too many Remember the Titans movies. .... and for the record about the race card...Im white and i love country music! Go Tornadoes the world is against you now. Show them what a TRUE TEAM is made of just like you did when BW was tossed and you DEMOLISHED the allmighty Loudon Redskins

Edited by Tornado74

well first of all if loudon had played the second half like they did the first half then they would have won it should have been 14 to 7 going into the half but loudon shot themselfs in the foot twice and as for people being classless the alcoa coachs are classless when ur up 26 to 0 u dont go for 2 just to run up the score thats uncalled for and loudon will always remember this b/c aloca will not always be the power house they are (and how good they r now the redskins still could have beat them if they had played great like they did in the first half)

Edited by Newschoolredskinfan

i was at the game, and i did see the actions commited by the thug brandon warren, and thats exactly what he is, however i also seen the actions committed by dustin lindsey, a very good football player, but what i appreciated the most was the respect he showed to his opponent. i seen him help numerous players from loudon up after the play. he is a very classy guy and i respect him for it. warren however, that guy just needs to stay off the field, i mean come on alcoa is up like 14 or 21 to 0 and he catches the football for about a 20 yard gain, i mean thats no reason to start taunting your opponent, thats just stupid to act that way. however i do congragulate you alcoa for a good game. i thought there for a while loudon had a chance to win this one, but it just was not there night.

The score was 7-0 when Brandon caught that pass and was ejected. I agree that the spinning the ball thing was dumb. I will call it the " Terrel Owens " effect. You don't want that guy for a role model.

What I really hate about this incident is the fact that it is overshadowing what happened on Friday night , a great high school football game. The top team in AA going against , IMO , one of the top 5 teams in the division. Both teams left it on the field , and that is where we the fans need to leave it , out of respect for the kids from both sides , who played their hearts out. :)

well first of all if loudon had played the second half like they did the first half then they would have won it should have been 14 to 7 going into the half but loudon shot themselfs in the foot twice and as for people being classless the alcoa coachs are classless when ur up 26 to 0 u dont go for 2 just to run up the score thats uncalled for and loudon will always remember this b/c aloca will not always be the power house they are (and how good they r now the redskins still could have beat them if they had played great like they did in the first half)

Come on now redskinfan , both teams shot themselves in the foot in the first half. Loudon had the two bad shotgun snaps that killed them and Alcoa had two key fumbles when they were moving the ball , not to mention about 8 or 9 penalties including one on an interception returned for a touchdown. I thought the score at halftime was very indicative of the type of game that was being played. It was extremely close. It was still anybodys game after three quarters. In the end , I believe Alcoa won out because of better depth and more playmakers. But the Loudon team showed me something tonight. They are much improved since Alcoa played them in week 5....... and they were good then. As I said before lets not let the BW thing take over what this game was all about. I believe this game sets the stage for the renewal of a fierce rivalry starting next season. :)

So you're wanting to talk about class acts and stuff huh? Well why dont you just drop the N-Bomb next time with the whole "Monkey", "Bannanas" "thug" references. Alcoa for years have come out and chanted. if you think You scared ho is bad then why didnt you say anything in 2000 when our team ran over everyone in the state sayin Murder Murder kill kll $hit$ real on the battel field???? How can you call a team classless that gets up for their games by listening to rap music or doin chants? Just casue alcoa isnt some Bible huggin christian team or some redneck hillbilly lets listen to Hank Jr before games doesnt give you any right to call them classless or thugs. BW is one of the best players to EVER come through Alcoa, but at the same time he is one of the dumbest. If you are gonna eject someone for spinning a ball on the ground then why not ejeect them for swinging the punch in the first place. If you wanna toss BW out of the game for fighting fine you wont hear a complaint from me but that Loudon player better hit the sidelines too. The Refs in that game stunk!! It wasnt just against alcoa it was againts Loudon also. These were the worse officials EVER! I'll be ###### if im gonna just sit back and just let somebody politically correctly use racial terms on black students at Alcoa! Obviously you or any of your family didnt have the "grapefruits" to get the job done cause Alcoa is still in the playoffs. I dont always agree with what Alcoa does but calling them a thug is uncalled for and very immature and very very CLASSLESS! You wanna call a high school student classless then look to the drug dealers, look to the kids that shoot up the school dont look at those players who pour their hearts out on that field and give everything they have in them to better themselves in life. BW my not be the sharpest kinfe in the drawer, i dont know ive only met him once but hes doin his job and hes gonna get a college education at FLORIDA STATE something im sure you cant say. So before you open your mouth and cram your foot down you throat think about what you wanna say because youve been watching one too many Remember the Titans movies. .... and for the record about the race card...Im white and i love country music! Go Tornadoes the world is against you now. Show them what a TRUE TEAM is made of just like you did when BW was tossed and you DEMOLISHED the allmighty Loudon Redskins

not meant as a racist remark......if they get on there knees and bark then they are acting like dogs, throw them a bone. if they dance and shake and bobble there heads like monkeys as Alcoa did then throw them some bananas. we lost you won and we are ok with that. and as for his college education he can start in the winter semester since he most likely will not be doing anything at school. he can take Thug 101.