Riverdale @ Cookeville Round 3

goo goo cluster

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you mean by 50% at the gate for this one? GGC

They get 50% of the gate of ALL the playoff games. That is one reason I do not see them changing the playoff format as this is a MAJOR source of their funding.

I forsee this thread hitting 20 pages before the game even starts seeing as it has hit 7 pages and it is not even Monday yet.

Cookeville folks, Thank You for the directions and suggestions as to where to eat. :thumb:

olandpats, why are you even bothering to post here? It's November - basketball season at Oakland. And dude, you really do need to learn to type complete words and sentences or I'm going to stop reading your posts!

Is #31 back for Cookeville from last year? I thought he was a fine back. And what of their two LB's from last season? Did they graduate?

olandpats, why are you even bothering to post here? It's November - basketball season at Oakland. And dude, you really do need to learn to type complete words and sentences or I'm going to stop reading your posts!

Is #31 back for Cookeville from last year? I thought he was a fine back. And what of their two LB's from last season? Did they graduate?

Yes, Gus Paxton (#31) graduated along with the two linebackers you were talking about, Tyler Turner and Russell Tribble. We have some great players replacing them though.!!!!!!!!!!

Up to page four already and it's only Sunday morning.

I've seen the home side on the 12th man signature someone has. How is the visitor's side? Riverdale travels well...you should have seen the crowd they had in Ohio earlier this year. I'll have to admit that the 7:00 PM start is problematic. I planned a vaction day for Friday knowing that we would be traveling but I have to get my wife off work too.

Sounds like Cookeville used the same formula against WC that they have used all year....play smash-mouth, fundamental football and let the other team beat themselves. That makes Friday pretty interesting since Riverdale has made quite a few mistakes this year. We'll need to play our best game Friday.

I see a lot of wild predictions so far. This is a very evenly matched game. Both teams have a ton of seniors and both have a lot of playoff experience. It will probably come down to a turnover that will decide this game. THe Cavs were one of my top picks way back after the spring. Any team that makes the quarter-finals and returns over 30 seniors is poised to make a serious run.

Looks like some fun coming up on Friday night.

Go Warriors!!!

I cann't say for sure but I've heard that additional seats are planned to to be brought in I certainly hope so cause "more thr merrier". With a game like this it would be a shame not have the chance seat and watch your team play in the game that might dertmine the state championship or at least the best game left in playoffs! Having a Son that plays for the Cavaliers I must say GO CAVS!!!!!

Smyrna told us that none for the thumb mess and you see where it got them. I'm very happy that Cookeville beat WC for two reasons;

1 - i really didn't want to see WC & Riverdale again.

2 - now RHS can prove that they are just flat out better than Cookeville and their 136 seniors.

I do respect Cookeville, they have proven to be very good, but just not better than the Warriors.

When y'all had senior night, the game must of started at 9:00 after announcing all of those guys!

I appreciate your post ,no dissing or bashing but Iwish we had 136 seniors I know that had to be a type O .There is 36 seniors and we started reconizing all them band and all the other fall sports Thurs. night at pep rally or the game would have lasted until midnight. If Riverdale wants to win this game they'll have to prove that they are better Cookeville cause now you going have another heavyweight hitting back and often GO CAVS!!!!!!!

Edited by oldred63

Go Cavs!!!!

The Warriors need to bring their spear and try to spike it at midfield at the beginning of this game and see what happens.

It has been a long time since Riverdale has played in front of such a vocal and hostile crowd as they will find this coming Friday at Eddie Watson Stadium. Riverdale always brings out the hostility in their opponents but this Friday the intensity will be ay a level I don't think either team has ever seen.

Riverdale always has the edge in every game regardless of location, but Cav faithful let's torment the heck out of a team which has been the nemisis of everyone in the state.

I don't know if we are good enough to win, but smack them in the mouth as Coach J often says and remind them they are not God's gift to high school football.

Oh by the way- once again this year Region 3 Champs Cookeville has taken care of the remainder of everyone in region 4. So the last 2 years in the playoffs Cookeville vs Region 4 is 4-1. Once again we may not defeat Riverdale but we have proven ourselves better than anyone else in Region 4.

I haven't been to cookeville in a few years and i don't doubt it be hostile but i know the warriors have played in tough places( the pit in 03', @ oak ridge in 03', @ w.c this year) many of the seniors have played in big ball games in the last three years. This group knows how to travel.

Go Cavs!!!!

The Warriors need to bring their spear and try to spike it at midfield at the beginning of this game and see what happens.

It has been a long time since Riverdale has played in front of such a vocal and hostile crowd as they will find this coming Friday at Eddie Watson Stadium. Riverdale always brings out the hostility in their opponents but this Friday the intensity will be ay a level I don't think either team has ever seen.

Riverdale always has the edge in every game regardless of location, but Cav faithful let's torment the heck out of a team which has been the nemisis of everyone in the state.

I would like to see some little indian try to stab their spear in the middle of "Jelly" Watson field. Not only will you be raped in front of your mommys & daddy's pregame by the fans, but I will can assure you will only hear the beautiful ringing of the Cavalier cannon booming in your ears for the entire game while they stick it to you on the field in the trenches!!! We've been the underdogs our entire life, this is the game where respect comes to COOKEVILLE!

This is the game Cookeville has been waiting for since '02!!! Boys make us proud and put a stop to the so called "TN Dynasty" I'm very proud of you and know that you have the support of the entire community. It's going to be a very hard fought game. The team with the least mistakes/turnovers will win.

My Pick CHS-21

RHS-17

"You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don't do too many things wrong."

- Warren Buffett

Edited by T_Fisk48_Cavs

I don't know if we are good enough to win, but smack them in the mouth as Coach J often says and remind them they are not God's gift to high school football.

Oh, we are definately good enough. :D

How many state titles does Cookeville have in football? Maybe when you have 7 titles under your belt, your opinion might mean something. Look for Oak Ridge (7 Titles) and Riverdale (4 Titles) in round four. :o

Oak who? Go back to your own threads and worry about getting past Farragut. Nobody cares about your past because its what happens the next three weeks, not the past 3000 years. :D