Riverdale @ Cookeville Round 3

goo goo cluster

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson Central turned the ball over 6 times. They also had two other fumbles that they recovered. If Riverdale does that you will beat us too. It looks like WC moved the ball pretty good, outgaining Cookeville on the night.

That's right. Cookeville has done well with turnovers all year long. We RARELY turn the ball over, but we sure can make the other team turn it over. Miller better hold the ball with two hands on Friday because if he doesn't, he will turn the ball over 6 times by himself. As for passing....HA....you better stick to running the ball because our DB's are just waiting to intercept a ball.

That's going to be the winner for Cookeville....

Cookeville - 24

Riverdale - 21

Keep rolling CAVS!! ;)

That's right. Cookeville has done well with turnovers all year long. We RARELY turn the ball over, but we sure can make the other team turn it over. Miller better hold the ball with two hands on Friday because if he doesn't, he will turn the ball over 6 times by himself. As for passing....HA....you better stick to running the ball because our DB's are just waiting to intercept a ball.

That's going to be the winner for Cookeville....

Cookeville - 24

Riverdale - 21

Keep rolling CAVS!! :thumb:

So basically what you are saying is no matter what Riverdale does, Cookeville's defense is going to dominate them all night long? So how did you come up with Riverdale scoring 21? Or would that be points scored on defense? Surely not, because Cookeville is known to dominate the passing game and running game and turn the ball over very little. So you must have meant Cookeville 24 Riverdale 0. Wow Riverdale must not stand a chance. :(

That's why this game is so interesting. Riverdale, too, holds a sizeable edge in turnover margin over their opponents. Both teams basically try to do the same things. Riverdale does run more of a high-risk, high-reward offense so that may be the difference, good or bad.

That's why this game is so interesting. Riverdale, too, holds a sizeable edge in turnover margin over their opponents. Both teams basically try to do the same things. Riverdale does run more of a high-risk, high-reward offense so that may be the difference, good or bad.

For some reason, the Cavs Defense has managed to create turnovers to their offense in great position. Whether its a interception or fumble, the ball is gonna be turned over to Cookeville on more than one occasion on friday night.

Cavs-28

Riverdale-17

GO CAVS!!!!! :thumb:

So basically what you are saying is no matter what Riverdale does, Cookeville's defense is going to dominate them all night long? So how did you come up with Riverdale scoring 21? Or would that be points scored on defense? Surely not, because Cookeville is known to dominate the passing game and running game and turn the ball over very little. So you must have meant Cookeville 24 Riverdale 0. Wow Riverdale must not stand a chance. :(

Whoa!! Calm down their chief. All that I am saying is that Cookeville has a great turnover margin. Good enough to make the difference in the W or L. I am thinking that one turnover is going to decide the game, weather either team has 6 turnovers or 1 turnover. :thumb:

Assume what you want, but we all know what happens when you assume.

well from what i heard rankin called coach joslin all week b4 the WC game and was telling him how good WC was and there was no way we could beat them, well we did and now its your turn and i hope you really think you are too good to be beat...

Do you really believe that? If you believe that then tell me, where is D.B.Cooper? Or Amelia Earhart? Who was that in the grassy knoll? I heard something too - Elvis was spotted at 4:00 a.m Sunday morning at Ralph's Donuts.

I don't recall whether the spear goes on the road or not. Regardless, this is round 3 of the playoffs and both teams should respect, even appreciate, the other's traditions. I always enjoy seeing the traditions that other schools have...that darn train thing at OR, the wolf at Kilbourne, etc... Hosting a 3d round playoff game is an honor and is an obligation that shouldn't be taken lightly.

If a team has traditions like that, they should keep them for home games, cause it is a slap in the face to the other team. Just think how mad the Riverdale fans would be if some team went and stomped on the emblem in the middle of your field. I respect traditions of schools, but you can push it too far, and that is an example. But hey, if they try that friday night, it might just spark some extra energy to the cavs. :blink: