Riverdale @ Cookeville Round 3

goo goo cluster

I don't know about you guys but I'll be there at 5:30 securing my seat in the CHS student section with a box of KFC wings and a pepsi... :P ...I'm sure I'll see all of you guys there even though you all use aliases and I don't know who any of you are.

I'll be the guy with your girlfriend :angry:

.... just kidding of course

Edited by Listenup

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a little guide for everyone coming from out of town on your local retaurants...

Get off at exit 288 (289?) turn left at the red light onto Jefferson Ave., go down three red lights and turn left onto Interstate Drive and you'll find these restaurants...

Chik-fil-a (I'm not big on chicken)

IHOP (uhh...Pancakes)

Steak & Shake (poor service, they put too much ice in your drink)

Golden Corral (mega bar, all you can eat)

Cheddar's (brand new, always has a long waiting line)

Outback (what can I say...it's Outback...it's delicious)

Fazoli's (cheap compared to the other restaurants)

Applebee's (Bourbon Steet Steak is the best menu item)

Chili's (exactly like Applebee's)

O'Charley's ($$$)

Instead of turning left onto Interstate Drive you can keep going straight on Jefferson Ave. and eat at...

El Tapatio (cheap, good greasy mexican food, probably gonna be real busy)

Ryan's (mega bar, all you can eat)

Wendy's

McDonald's (play place)

Burger King (play place)

Taco Bell

Subway

Sonic

Arby's

Jersey Mike's Subs (by Kroger's)

Krystal's

If you can find something you like at any of those places...go inside Kroger and I'm sure you can buy some ingredients and make something from scratch.

I'll be the guy with your girlfriend :angry:

.... just kidding of course

I wish I knew who you were so I could find out who my girlfriend is.

Edited by MattDuff

I have been proven wrong by Cookeville in this playoff run. I thought LaVergne would give them all they can handle and I REALLY thought Wilson Central would take them right out of the playoffs. Boy, I was wrong. Congrats to the Cavaliers for stepping up and playing good football. From what I've heard, they are a tough, tough team. With that said, I think a lot of us people in Rutherford County realize that Riverdale has had it on cruise control since about the Wilson Central game. They seem to be about to get Phillip Stevenson and Marques Locke back and that will make them even more dangerous. Don't take offense Cookeville, but I think this is the week that you may run out of bullets. I look for Mr. Unsung, Shayne Rollins, to make some big plays in the passing game and for the Warriors to break open a tight game in the third quarter. Take Riverdale 28-17. But the Cavs have nothing to be upset about. I just think OR and Riverdale are playing on another level than everyone else.

Here's a little guide for everyone coming from out of town on your local retaurants...

Get off at exit 288 (289?) turn right at the red light onto Jefferson Ave., go down two red lights and turn left onto Interstate Drive and you'll find these restaurants...

Chik-fil-a (I'm not big on chicken)

IHOP (uhh...Pancakes)

Steak & Shake (poor service, they put too much ice in your drink)

Golden Corral (mega bar, all you can eat)

Cheddar's (brand new, always has a long waiting line)

Outback (what can I say...it's Outback...it's delicious)

Fazoli's (cheap compared to the other restaurants)

Applebee's (Bourbon Steet Steak is the best menu item)

Chili's (exactly like Applebee's)

O'Charley's ($$$)

Instead of turning left onto Interstate Drive you can keep going straight on Jefferson Ave. and eat at...

El Tapatio (cheap, good greasy mexican food, probably gonna be real busy)

Ryan's (mega bar, all you can eat)

Wendy's

McDonald's (play place)

Burger King (play place)

Taco Bell

Subway

Sonic

Arby's

Jersey Mike's Subs (by Kroger's)

Krystal's

Good post & info MattDuff...Except for the mile marker info.

Warrior fans,get off at mi.marker 286(Willow Ave.)or mi.marker 287(Jefferson Ave) & go left from either one to get to Interstate Drive.There you'll find most of your "higher-end"chain restaurants in the city.

There are some other local establishments between I-40 & CHS that are great(barbeque,Italian,to name a couple) & are easy to find. Just ask. :angry:

THE SQUAD :P

Edited by THE SQUAD

I think i can speak for all of us cavs fans when i say that ive had just about all i can stand of the "this ones for the thumb" crap....WHEN the cavs win and When Miller gets held to 150 yds and is taken out due to injuries...........ill show you exactly what finger we will put that State ring on...........GO CAVS

Sure, I'm getting tired of people saying "Cookeville is gonna squeak it out by 3," but I'm not saying to much because I know my boys will handle theirs on the field Friday. There has already been alot of talking in this post, (its on page 12) but it wont do either team a bit of good come Friday. These posts are not scaring me, cause I know the Warriors will handle theirs :thumb:

This appears to being a GREAT rivalry! :thumb: We have scrimmaged Cookeville and played Riverdale and they are both excellent teams. May the best team, and the team that wants it the most (they should be the same anyway) win Friday night. Try to keep it injury free! :thumb:

Now, this topic is already 12 pages long, one would think that the Owls were playing since they post so much on their threads! :lol:

No offense to the OWLS, they are a great team and just gonna get better as the years roll by!

I think i can speak for all of us cavs fans when i say that ive had just about all i can stand of the "this ones for the thumb" crap....WHEN the cavs win and When Miller gets held to 150 yds and is taken out due to injuries...........ill show you exactly what finger we will put that State ring on...........GO CAVS

Why would you wish injuries on anybody. You want respect for your team, but you want to win by taking key players out of the game. Kind of contradictory, dont you think? :thumb:

COOKEVILLE'S GOING TO SHOCK THE WORLD FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!! tyler wolf is goin to have 250yds. hennigan is goin to throw for 300 ad stearman and winnigham will recieve for 300 together sorry chuck and gaston miller will run for 78yrds. and the final score is cookeville on top 35- riverdousche- 7...... But gary rankin will resign this year cuz he wont be able to quit cryin after jerry joslin shows him what high school football in tennesse is all about you say fear the spear but we turnin it on you guys friday night you aint gettin one for the thumb we gettin it....

Just out of curiosity... if Riverdale happens to pull the biggest upset of the year and beat Cookeville, will we ever hear from you guys again? If Gaston Miller happens to have over 50 yards rushing, if Riverdale’s defense happens to limit Cookeville’s offense, if the Riverdale secondary happens to knock down a couple of passes… are you guys going to eat crow or will we have to hear for a full year how: (pick one) A. The referee’s gave the ballgame to Riverdale. B. Riverdale cheated. C. Riverdale got lucky that ____ had a bad game. D. Riverdale’s coaching staff cheated. E. Riverdale’s players are dirty and hurt a player intentionally. F. The bird flu had inhibitive the Cookeville area 24 hours before game time. G. Other excuses Coach T’s website is accustom to.

Riverdale: 28

Cookeville: 7