White House @ Notre Dame

timbdp

I agree.

WHHS1975,

This is off the subject, but...you remind me of the person that identifies themself, religiously, as being a Christian. Not a Baptist, Methodist or whatever, although they may attend that particular denomination's services. I'm sure you have 'BDP,' but you don't let it come before your honesty. Thanks for your perspective. ;)

Good luck Friday!

SportsDad, I do attend church, but I prefer not to say where or the denomination. I do consider myself a Christian. However, I didn't write that for my praise. I just think we let a game brown oblong piece of leather get us into a vulnerable state of mind, and before we know it we've said things on an anonymous board that we wouldn't say in front of anybody, and if most people would be honest, we don't truly mean words flung like ammunition. However, nobody is REALLY anonymous in the "bigger picture", are we? That's what we must keep in mind.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SportsDad, I do attend church, but I prefer not to say where or the denomination. I do consider myself a Christian. However, I didn't write that for my praise. I just think we let a game brown oblong piece of leather get us into a vulnerable state of mind, and before we know it we've said things on an anonymous board that we wouldn't say in front of anybody, and if most people would be honest, we don't truly mean words flung like ammunition. However, nobody is REALLY anonymous in the "bigger picture", are we? That's what we must keep in mind.

Well said WHHS! You always post with class and character, which is becoming rarer and rarer these days. Considering the directions that these threads sometimes take, these posts are often a poor example for younger crowd.

Again, well said.

Well said WHHS! You always post with class and character, which is becoming rarer and rarer these days. Considering the directions that these threads sometimes take, these posts are often a poor example for younger crowd.

Again, well said.

NoDoubt,

I don't want to take away from the ND-WH thread any longer so this will be the last I will mention on this. I don't want to carry on with what I wrote on the last thread or this one that is other other than to state this: Obviously being a OLD WH graduate, I have seen many changes in this town. I am not one that shuns newcomers that come in, and I am not one that shuns old classmates that have chosen to live in another town, raise their kids in other places or root for other schools, (though I've witnessed things like that at class reunions and sports events). I have close friends that I think alot of and spent many school years with that have moved to Greenbrier and other places and I think no less of them for rooting for their children's schools than I would think of my parents choice of rooting for ours when my siblings and I were growing up. There IS life outside of these city limits, and there are GOOD people in all towns. White House has grown in size and immenities mainly because we sit on the interstate. People have flowed into our town and brought with it the good, the bad and the ugly (well, I had to throw in some analogy there). I don't mind that we've grown for the convenience, but along the way, we've lost some of the "down-home" integrity and replaced it with a mistaken mindset that we are "well-to-do" when we are no better than anyone else. Somedays when I read these boards, I'd almost trade back to the harder-fought times of getting a win in WH sports along the way, than to be a hated town due to the the football wins that have caused some of us to become egotistical, bragging fools. WH1971 would probably remember with me the simpler times, and even though progress happens, and someone came up with the letters BDP a few years ago, we ALREADY had pride in our hometown long before the football wins, and long before a state championship. Some base Pride off of school teams wins..some base it off of family values, morals and family heritage. The latter, in my opinion win EVERY TIME over football scores.

Edited by WHHS1975

Want to know why this White House team is still playing? They have learned how to play some serious defense in the last 2-3 weeks and every practice day seems to make them better.

This picture says it all...what an awesome shot by Drew of the Connection, which is a local paper in White House by the Bargain Browser.

devilsfp.jpg

Congratulations guys on a great season and awesome turnaround. We are proud of you.

I'm not participating in this trash talk mess. It's stupid and annoying.

Want to know why this White House team is still playing? They have learned how to play some serious defense in the last 2-3 weeks and every practice day seems to make them better.

This picture says it all...what an awesome shot by Drew of the Connection, which is a local paper in White House by the Bargain Browser.

devilsfp.jpg

Congratulations guys on a great season and awesome turnaround. We are proud of you.

I'm not participating in this trash talk mess. It's stupid and annoying.

Thanks for sharing <_< That is just awesome-

Go Blue Devils- thanks for giving us another week to look

forward to :D

I wasnt saying that i thought he was a bad player(#14), i was just implying that in fact there was not a best player on there defense. Everyone plays there roles and doesnt care who gets the credit. I personally think that is what the problem was in the beginning of the season. You had too many people trying to do-it-all and thats not you need to have a successful defense. The defense does have great players; i.e. 71, 44, 14, 23, 34, 10, 4, 54, 53, 70, 78, and the list goes on. They just dont have that person with the title "best" player.

I wasnt saying that i thought he was a bad player(#14), i was just implying that in fact there was not a best player on there defense. Everyone plays there roles and doesnt care who gets the credit. I personally think that is what the problem was in the beginning of the season. You had too many people trying to do-it-all and thats not you need to have a successful defense. The defense does have great players; i.e. 71, 44, 14, 23, 34, 10, 4, 54, 53, 70, 78, and the list goes on. They just dont have that person with the title "best" player.

Hey Turf..... I understood what you meant..... The defense is playing together, as a unit, and not as individuals.....

If we ask ourselves what a team is....... To me, it starts with the individual..... Then coaches must find the committed individuals........ And then those committed individuals form a trust in each other to work as a unit..... Then you have "team"...

In the beginning, imo, we were individuals.... but you guys believe in each other now..... And are playing as a team.....

To the others I may offend..... That is not my purpose...... And I believe I've explained my "posting style" many times...even in the last few weeks.....We will always have issues... I still believe the honesty WHHS1975 exhibited in a thread was a little too aggressive....And he has a problem with my dishing out what we were taking..... I got on Vandy "plant" Man..... He got on me.... And I've stated, over and over, I have no problem with the give and take.....

But I have no issues with the love everyone has for BDP.....Because every post, whether we agree every time or not, is for the love of this program..... And the trek we will make to Chattanooga is for the love of this team...and this program....

So, my suggestion, if we have an issue in our "family", that you turn on your PM, or do as I have done and get your e-mail address listed under your profile....

Every family has their disagreements, even if "certain teams fans in our area" say they don't...... And I realize we may grate a nerve or two at times, but just as some of you defended your right to post as telling the truth, I will defend my right to throw back what is thrown at us...... It is a two way street...... But I would rather, if we disagree with each other over a point, to do it off these boards..... I am VERY ACCESSABLE...but some of you are not.....

I agree with you Turfie ;)