White House @ Notre Dame

timbdp

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right! If you win, they will come...and then you can build, maybe. Good luck (not tonight; just in life itself :D ).

BDP: Bring it!

5Sport, you and I see things alike on alot of things. I guess we'll just have to disagree tonight. I think Notre Dame has more advantages than WH, and until I read this article I didn't know they go no-huddle. That will be alot for WH to overcome, but maybe they will.

I know they're in our region, but I am glad Charlie Murphy made his statements. Al Gore didn't invent the internet and White House didn't invent school pride.

Well here I am Charlie. Most of the "faithful" White House fans are probably packing their cars to head to Chattanooga, while I, a Greenbrier fan, can hopefully answer your question.

The growing community of White House actually is divided down the middle by Hwy 31W, the county line between Sumner and Robertson Counties. For more years than I've been alive, Robertson and Sumner have shared the education of the kids from this area. Robertson would educate the children from K-6 and Sumner County would do so from 7-12 regardless of which county the kids lived in. I don't know the ends and outs of the exact dollar amounts but it worked out for years and years. Somewhere recently the politics began to get messed up when Sumner built their own elementary school and no longer actually "needed" Robertson's elementary. The two Robertson County elementaries, Robert F. Woodall (K-2) and White House Elementary (3-5) then had to make adjustments to accomodate the Robertson high school-age students. Woodall reverted to taking in K-5 and White House Elementary remodeled/added on to became the new White House Heritage High School that houses 6-12. They did allow the children from either side to pay to go across the county lines to school, but I'm not sure how that works now, because my kids aren't affected. White House Heritage plays football on the same stadium with White House and they share the city park field, although not very happily from what I hear. The Jr. Pro teams are filtered through the City Parks from my understanding but then as the kids grow they go into their respective high school sports program.

It has been a hard adjustment for White House citizens and everyone pretty much agreed that it's not fair to the kids or the community. Now that it's happened, I don't foresee it changing back, and therefore it seems to cause animosity between the city with two schools.

Someone may correct me, and I may be wrong on some of this, but I've been near White House all my life, in fact my oldest child attended White House until we built a home in Greenbrier over a decade ago, a move that our kids and family have loved and have no regrets. Which goes to show, I guess at some point in most everyone's life, you become a (trans)"plant" and loyalty is where the heart is. From what I've read, there are many avid BDP fans that can attest to this. :D

Charlie, hopefully this will help clear things up. To the White House fans that feel this is inaccurate, I apologize.

Accurate..... But I can't speak to the animosity of the two schools.....

5Sport, you and I see things alike on alot of things. I guess we'll just have to disagree tonight. I think Notre Dame has more advantages than WH, and until I read this article I didn't know they go no-huddle. That will be alot for WH to overcome, but maybe they will.

I know they're in our region, but I am glad Charlie Murphy made his statements. Al Gore didn't invent the internet and White House didn't invent school pride.

I never said who I think would win. ND is powerful, no doubt about it. But, I'll ALWAYS be for good neighbors in a battle. It's the Southern way!

Accurate..... But I can't speak to the animosity of the two schools.....

Right, Dandy. Don't ask, don't tell. Are you a 'liberal' plant in conservative land? Hear no evil, see no evil, speak none. (you KNOW I'm kidding, but...sometimes I wonder about ya! :D )

Unfortunately, Heritage will (probably) ALWAYS be the step-child.

Someone get me a tissue. Everyone has rich tradition, get over yourselves. How does White House Heritage fit into that tradition. Could someone explain why there are two schools less than 2 miles apart? Is one schhol county and one school city? This topic has been touched on a few times on this board, could someone please fill in the blanks, preferrably a Greenbrier fan, so we can get the straight story without all the "rich tradition" and "pheonix rising from the fire" crap, I've gone through a whole box of Kleenex reading the story of BDP. To listen to the WH fans, we should put their struggle to achieve "traditional success" up there with the civil rights movement and the trail of tears. Someone gives us the story about WH and WH Heritage. For all of those waiting for my pick, tune in again this afternoon.

Charley Murphy...... You must not have a heart........ Most people need two boxes of Kleenex to go thru the BDP story...... :lol:

I'm not sure why a individual who states he has no connection with our program or surrounding schools and claims to be a high school football fan would ridicule a high school attempting to create the best for their programs...... You would think someone who claims to be a high school fan would ENCOURAGE schools to do what we are.....

Charlie Murphy.... since you post as if you are talking to yourself...or someone.....must be suffering from a split personality..... One who is a high school football fan... and posts as such....and the alter ego...a bitter individual holding a grudge...... and posts as such.....

You need a visit from Dr. Dandy...... :thumb:

Leavin' at one oclock...... Both of you...look me up.....

I never said who I think would win. ND is powerful, no doubt about it. But, I'll ALWAYS be for good neighbors in a battle. It's the Southern way!

Right, Dandy. Don't ask, don't tell. Are you a 'liberal' plant in conservative land? Hear no evil, see no evil, speak none. (you KNOW I'm kidding, but...sometimes I wonder about ya! :thumb: )

Unfortunately, Heritage will (probably) ALWAYS be the step-child.

Since my son has passed thru I'm not quite as close to the situation....... When all this started we actually thought my son would be forced to change schools for his senior year....or worse, not get to play his senior year because of the transfer rules..... Those were VERY TROUBLING and ANXIOUS times......

I know some GB fans may not believe this, but IF he was forced to GB we didn't think it the end of the world....although not given the opportunity to finish HS where you went to school all your life...... downer..... Of course, for a small fee (lol) he was allowed to finish at WH.....

Notre Dame will win this by no less than 3 td's. yes Ladd is awesome and he will have more yardage than any other back they have played but ND punting will keep WH too deep in their own territory for Ladd to get into the endzone. I am a Polk fan but we're done and we will be there for ND all the way to Murfreesboro, GO IRISH!!!!! :thumb: Introduce Mr. Ladd to the "Green Wall".

Charley Murphy...... You must not have a heart........ Most people need two boxes of Kleenex to go thru the BDP story...... :lol:

I'm not sure why a individual who states he has no connection with our program or surrounding schools and claims to be a high school football fan would ridicule a high school attempting to create the best for their programs...... You would think someone who claims to be a high school fan would ENCOURAGE schools to do what we are.....

Charlie Murphy.... since you post as if you are talking to yourself...or someone.....must be suffering from a split personality..... One who is a high school football fan... and posts as such....and the alter ego...a bitter individual holding a grudge...... and posts as such.....

Charlie Murphy is not ridiculing the high school, it is the certain fans that act like WH is soooo diiferent because they have pride. Maybe there really wasn't alot of pride during those 0-10 seasons, because if there was, the WH fans wouldn't act like it was this awesome new thing that they just discovered. When Charlie Murphy was in school pride didn't have to be discussed, it was just understood to be there. Maybe I have been to tough on the WH folk, I holds any team in high regard that starts off 0-3 and then makes the 1/4s. Dandy, you allright in Charlie's book. Good Luck WH.

57 User(s) are browsing this forum (32 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

23 Members: GreenbrierCat2, 12yr.oldchamps, mtillman25, Jayhawks, dandy82, Tushhog72, BigRedTiger, Charlie Murphy, volunteergirl10, SnowbirdJB, ctshizzle, fanman33, fightingirish, OldCatFan, WHHS1980, try-n-block-me, Lansing, PeterPiper, montague1, craigcoc, behindthemdogs, unakafan07, BRUSHYMTBLUES

Sorry, Dandy...wrong again.

57 User(s) are browsing this forum (32 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

23 Members: GreenbrierCat2, 12yr.oldchamps, mtillman25, Jayhawks, dandy82, Tushhog72, BigRedTiger, Charlie Murphy, volunteergirl10, SnowbirdJB, ctshizzle, fanman33, fightingirish, OldCatFan, WHHS1980, try-n-block-me, Lansing, PeterPiper, montague1, craigcoc, behindthemdogs, unakafan07, BRUSHYMTBLUES

Sorry, Dandy...wrong again.

Sorry for the use of humor...... Didn't figure everybody would understand...... Charlie Murphy seemed to get it..... :thumb:

Crawley: Lucky 7 Prep Football Picks For Week 3 Playoffs

by Stan Crawley

posted November 17, 2005

It is possible Chattanooga teams could not be represented in any of the upcoming state championship football games.

Area teams are already absent from this week's Division II state titles games after the elimination of McCallie and Baylor.

In the championship games, Bishop Byrne (9-2) will play Davidson Academy (9-2) for the Class A title; Knox Webb (9-2) will meet Evangelical Christian School (9-2) in AA; and Memphis University School (10-1) will play Memphis Christian Brothers High School in AAA.

Among the 40 schools remaining in the Division I quarterfinals, only three are from Chattanooga -- and two of those must play each other.

Boyd-Buchanan (6-6) will play at Tyner (9-3) on Friday night in a Class 2A quarterfinal. The Rams beat the Bucs, 34-6, on the final night of the regular season. The problem here is that the winner must travel to either Loudon or Alcoa for a semifinal.

Consequently, the team with the best chance represent Chattanooga in a state championship game is Notre Dame in Class 3A.

Notre Dame (12-0) will play host to White House (7-5) and should be able to move on to a semifinal. The Irish, however, will be on the road against either Knox Catholic (11-1) or Livingston Academy (7-5).

The Division I playoff schedule:

CLASS A: Coalfield (11-1) at Hampton (11-1); Friendship Christian (10-2) at Trousdale County (12-0); Mt. Pleasant (11-1) at Jo Bryns (12-0); Jackson Christian (11-1) at Union City (9-3).

CLASS AA: Loudon (11-1)at Alcoa (11-1); Boyd-Buchanan (6-6) at Tyner (9-3); Goodpasture (9-3) at Camden (9-3); Milan (9-2) at Hungtingdon (11-1).

CLASS AAA: Livingston Academy (7-5) at Knox Catholic (11-1); White House (7-5) at Notre Dame (12-0); Lexington (12-0) at David Lipscomb (11-1); Crockett (9-2) at Covington (9-2).

CLASS AAAA: Morristown West (12-0) at Sullivan South (11-1); Knox Central (11-1) at Maryville (12-0); Whites Creek (11-1)at Hillsboro (11-1); Melrose (10-1) at Jackson Central Merry (9-2).

CLASS AAAAA: Farragut (9-2) at Oak Ridge (11-1); Riverdale (12-0) at Cookeville (11-1); Brentwood High (12-0) at Ravenwood (11-1); Germantown (10-2) at Ridgeway (11-0-1).

PICKING WINNERS

Boyd-Buchanan at Tyner: Look for the Bucs to be a little more competitive than they were a few weeks ago. Tyner by 9.

Loudon at Alcoa: This is a great Alcoa team. They were so impressive earlier this year in a victory at McCallie. Alcoa by 14.

White House (7-5) at Notre Dame (12-0): Hats off to the Irish for representing the city so well. Hopefully, that will continue all the way to a state title game. Notre Dame by 14.

Livingston Academy at Knox Catholic: Look for the Irish to play the Irish next week in Knoxville. Knox Catholic by 7.

Davidson Academy vs. Bishop Byrne in Division I-A title game: Davidson Academy by 7.

Knox Webb vs. ECS in DII-AA title game: Knox Webb by 17.

MUS vs. CBHS in DII-AAA title game: MUS by 7.

last week 5-2 (.714); Overall 75-16 (.824).

this from the chattanooga paper

OK. I know this board is about the game so i'll get to it in a second. I am a senior at White House, and on the baseball team. I go to every football game and i'll tell you there is pride there Mr. Charlie Murphy. I'm not saying we have more pride than all other schools in Tennessee, and I'm not saying we started the tradition of going to football games on Friday Night. I'm just saying that I do not know many schools/cities that will show up to a game on either side of the state. Last year, in the semis we brought i believe three fully loaded charter buses to Memphis-Melrose and that doesn't include the people that drove. Polk Cnty. got to see how many people we bring to games. Some other teams may travel well, but when i saw the teams come up to White House last year, they brought hardly anyone-even teams from Nashville.

So anyways, we do have alot of pride and we are proud of it. I know i will continue going to these games for a long time.

the game-- ND is tough from what i see, but i also know they run the different style of Offense than we run. They aren't as big as some of the teams we've played, although their tackles seem to be huge. Ricky is pumped after last game, and it doesn't seem he will let nerves get to him too much. I think if White House can stay in the Wing-T or Maryland I, ND will have a hard time stopping Ladd, West, and Hargrove. All three of those backs in the same backfield at once are hard to stop.

WH-17 ND-13... It's going to be close but i think the D of WH will be able to stand tough.

Edited by BigMonstaNwh