JCS Eagles (11-1) @ Union City Tornadoes (9-3)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best comment I heard about the game as I was leaving War Memorial last night was - "Speed kills and you can't see it on film." UC was way too fast for JCS, especially in the DB and RB areas. The Eagles are a very good team with some talented players...but, the Tornadoes just executed their game plan to near perfection last night. Congrats to everyone involved in UC's victory and good luck at Jo Byrns.

BTW, for those of you current or former fans that have harshly critiqued the coaching ability of UC's head man...speak not of what you do not know unless you can go behind the scenes, watch the preparations, read the scouting reports he and his staff have put together and then stand on the sidelines to witness the coaching during the games. Just remember, victories and great seasons are not handed to a team, they are earned.

Offense sells tickets. Defense wins championships. UC's defense putting a goose egg on JCS for the first half told the story. The defense got a little slower in the second half. I'd like to see the Tornadoes play with the same amount of intensity in the second half as they do in the first half, whether they're winning or losing. Signs of a true championship team are not playing down to an opponent's level, and putting the finishing touch on a team when you're up instead of giving up some points. Just some things to look for in the weeks to come hopefully...

Maybe the people from JCS have more than a life than posting on coacht. And about the game. The eagles came out sluggish and didn't decide to play until the 3rd quarter, where I'm sure they gave the "golden tornados" a scare when they cut it to 14-20. However, it should have only been 0-6 going in to the half, since UC had a very obvious false start and clipping penalties that wern't called on the 2nd TD run. No doubt, UC had a good game and came out ready to play. But, they shouldn't even be in 1A. For the size of their town to only have one highschool is beyond belief. From the looks of it, UC is a little more than half the size of Jackson and Jackson has 3 private schools and 5 public schools. Maybe if we took JCS, USJ, and NHS and put them together JCS could be the size of UC? (But JCS still probably wouldn't be lucky enough to have a hurricane victim land on their campus). And for the "OVERATED" cheer at the end of the game, JCS isn't overated for 1A, but maybe for 2A, where UC should be. Nevertheless, it's been very fun and excited watching the eagles play this year, especially the defense. Hats off to the eagles on a hard working summer and good season. Watching you play will be misssed.

1) It's awful funny you all had time to post of your athletic greatness and intellectual supremacy over public schools before being bumped by a public school!

2) You make the excuse that JCS came out sluggish, well this is not the time for that, it is a run for the state title!

3) Then, as if one excuse weren't enough, the officials blew it.

4) Cover those tracks with accusations of U.C. needing to be in 2a because of the size of the town. Well to quell those accusations, U.C.-Pop. 10,770 ; Jax.-Pop. 60,635 ; Obion County - Pop. 32,394 ; Maddison County - Pop. 93,397.

Now back when I was in school 10,000+ was not half of 60,000+.

Obviously youy haven't been south of I-40 or you would not have made a comment like that!

Now factor in the fact that JCS can pull students from surrounding communities, (provided the parents have the extra cash to sling around), unlike public schools - they should be in a different classification if anyone should. But you guys would have looked like USJ with having to play the likes of Huntingdon, Milan, or The View.

5) Now, as if that weren't enough, you have to bring in the victim of a disaster that no one in their right mind would want to be a part of. Maybe after going through such an ordeal the parents had a higher priority on their list than shelling out 6,500+ dollars on school, when a public one would do just fine!

It's not like you guys don't pick and choose players.

So in closing, I would like to say that you only further disrespected your team with getting on here and slinging excuses as to why they lost instead of manning up and accepting defeat, not to mention not getting on immediately and congradulating both teams on a fine season. Look, I'll do it for you.

Congrats to both teams on a great run this year!

To the JCS Eagle team and coaching staff, congratulations on a great season. Union City, nice win and good luck.

Now this is what gives schools a good name!

1) It's awful funny you all had time to post of your athletic greatness and intellectual supremacy over public schools before being bumped by a public school!

2) You make the excuse that JCS came out sluggish, well this is not the time for that, it is a run for the state title!

3) Then, as if one excuse weren't enough, the officials blew it.

4) Cover those tracks with accusations of U.C. needing to be in 2a because of the size of the town. Well to quell those accusations, U.C.-Pop. 10,770 ; Jax.-Pop. 60,635 ; Obion County - Pop. 32,394 ; Maddison County - Pop. 93,397.

Now back when I was in school 10,000+ was not half of 60,000+.

Obviously youy haven't been south of I-40 or you would not have made a comment like that!

Now factor in the fact that JCS can pull students from surrounding communities, (provided the parents have the extra cash to sling around), unlike public schools - they should be in a different classification if anyone should. But you guys would have looked like USJ with having to play the likes of Huntingdon, Milan, or The View.

5) Now, as if that weren't enough, you have to bring in the victim of a disaster that no one in their right mind would want to be a part of. Maybe after going through such an ordeal the parents had a higher priority on their list than shelling out 6,500+ dollars on school, when a public one would do just fine!

It's not like you guys don't pick and choose players.

So in closing, I would like to say that you only further disrespected your team with getting on here and slinging excuses as to why they lost instead of manning up and accepting defeat, not to mention not getting on immediately and congradulating both teams on a fine season. Look, I'll do it for you.

Congrats to both teams on a great run this year!

Now this is what gives schools a good name!

amen to that ktrain

Maybe the people from JCS have more than a life than posting on coacht. And about the game. The eagles came out sluggish and didn't decide to play until the 3rd quarter, where I'm sure they gave the "golden tornados" a scare when they cut it to 14-20. However, it should have only been 0-6 going in to the half, since UC had a very obvious false start and clipping penalties that wern't called on the 2nd TD run. No doubt, UC had a good game and came out ready to play. But, they shouldn't even be in 1A. For the size of their town to only have one highschool is beyond belief. From the looks of it, UC is a little more than half the size of Jackson and Jackson has 3 private schools and 5 public schools. Maybe if we took JCS, USJ, and NHS and put them together JCS could be the size of UC? (But JCS still probably wouldn't be lucky enough to have a hurricane victim land on their campus). And for the "OVERATED" cheer at the end of the game, JCS isn't overated for 1A, but maybe for 2A, where UC should be. Nevertheless, it's been very fun and excited watching the eagles play this year, especially the defense. Hats off to the eagles on a hard working summer and good season. Watching you play will be misssed.

Your a real class act, ballfan.