JCS Eagles (11-1) @ Union City Tornadoes (9-3)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I dont think any of us expected the outcome of the JCS McKenzie game. JCS just had it clicking. But McKenzie wouldnt go down without a fight. Great job to both teams. Union City...havent followed them any...no clue what to expect. All I know is that it seems that it will be a good matchup. If JCS plays against Union C ity like they have DCA,USJ,Southside, and McKenzie...I think they can pull it out. really, its too early to say. I need to read up a little bit on Union City.

I would have to say that JCS's most impressive win was vs Jax South Side...For a true 1A team(I'm saying that because the Eagles didn't move up even with the multiplier) to defeat a true 3A team and a solid 3A team at that is impressive...

The win vs USJ didn't look as impressive as the season went along seeing how bad a season the Bruins had...I'm sure the Eagles don't take any consolation in "moral" victories...They probably should have beaten DCA(a 2A team only because of the multiplier).DCA ended their season at 7-4 with a first round play-off loss to Camden(I know DCA is defending 1A champion I saw the game vs Boyd Buchanan)...Union City,though hasn't had a victory they can really hang their hat on...They are 9-0 against 1A competition,with only Fayette Acd putting a scare into them..They are 0-3 against 2A & 3A competition(Milan and Westview in 2A and Obion Central in 3A)But they are playing in 1A not in 2A or 3A...Should be no shortage of athletes on the field...I'm going to go with Union City in what will be called an upset...17-14

Edited by backinthaoc

I was at the Fayette Academy/Union City game last night and besides Haywood,Fayette had the best defense I saw all year.They were small but very fast.The only problem was they couldn't get anything going on offense.Union City played great defense as well forcing four turnovers.It was one of the better games I've seen this year.I am looking forward to this game with JCS.One thing I'd like to mention was the crowd on the Union City side.I was shocked when I came in and saw only a handful of fans in the stand.As the game got closer more people came in but it's still not what you'd expect for Union City and a playoff game.Hopefully more people will show up for this game.