JCS Eagles (11-1) @ Union City Tornadoes (9-3)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bballfan25, JCS did not roll past Fayette Academy. 0-0 at half, 7-0 start of the 4th quarter. The final ended up 20 -0. It was a great game. Real similar to the Union City / Fayeete game. Fayette held JCS as well as Union City in check offensively but could not muster up enough offense of their own to win. Union City, like JCS helped Fayette out with some turnovers. Should be a great game but I will take JCS by 6.

What a difference 5 years make...

5 years ago,JCS would not have even been considered a worthy opponent of Union City....

rebfan65...We saw alot of good defenses on Friday nights,Haywood Co.being the best...That's saying something if you think Fayette Acd's defense was that caliber of defense..But as good as it was Union City still pitched a shut-out..

I would like to see more opinions from the Lake County,McKenzie and Fayette Acd fans on who they thought was the better team since they played both UC and JCS..A little more than a JCS by 6 or a UC by 6 answer would be appreciated..Why do you think either one of these teams will win??..Give some insight on why each team will win...

Well seeing as how I predicted both games exactly right last week and seem to be one of the few knowledgeable people on this thing, I will fill you in. These teams have alot of similarities on the defensive side of the football. They are very fast from sideline to sideline and they tackle well. They both also have a very good secondary, UC's is very athletic and JCS's is very disciplined. On offense, UC wants to run alot, as you know; while JCS is gonna be pretty balanced. If UC couldn't run on Fayette I don't think they will be able to on JCS either. Although Fayette does have a very good run defense, I believe JCS's is just as good. JCS won't put up the kind of numbers they did against Mackenzie but they will put up enough to win.