WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MUS will have a hard time moving the ball on a defense like CBHS. I do not think people realize how good they are but I think with leaders like Walker, Mosby, and Schifani they will dominate MUS for a well-deserved State Title!

The defense at MUS is not too bad either. That is why it will be low scoring just like last time.

We will see, I just dont know though last game, CBHS drove down the field on their defense for the win.

MUS took the second half kickoff and went down the field on their defense. The total yardage numbers were almost equal but like you said we will see on Sat. Each offense had one good drive and that was it.

We will see, I just dont know though last game, CBHS drove down the field on their defense for the win.

ok, first off, I checked last year's season stats and it says that Walker played in 9 games and recorded 53 total tackles, and those stats are taken from CBHS' own recorded stats.

It has been discussed before, MUS only blitzed 3 guys on the last drive, that is their own fault, but none the less I believe it couldve have been a different outcome if MUS had blitzed more. I do not question CBHS' abilities on offense, but MUS happened to shut down Harris on offense, aside from two or three big plays, and I wouldn't put all of my hopes on CBHS duplicating an all passing drive like they did the first time.

I think that this will be an awesome game, it's CBHS-MUS, nothing more needs to be said. Good luck to both.

Yall are talking of how great the defense of MUS is. CBHS's defense is definately on up there. Last game at MUS, Chris Mosby had 11 tackles, 2 for loss and a sack. At the other linebacker spot, Chris Walker had 2 solo and 8 assisted tackles. CBHS has a solid linebacker corps that can stop the rushing attack against anyone in Tennessee. Not to be outdone, the "Fab Five" (secondary) combined for 14 tackles and 2 INTs. Clark Schifani and John McArthur are some of the best in the state. And don't forget the junior RJ Gillen who steps up to make big plays. They held Park to under 50% completion rate (13-27). I believe this game will be the game of the year: great rivalry, great atmosphere, great crowds, great teams. I see CBHS with the title by 7.

Yall are talking of how great the defense of MUS is. CBHS's defense is definately on up there. Last game at MUS, Chris Mosby had 11 tackles, 2 for loss and a sack. At the other linebacker spot, Chris Walker had 2 solo and 8 assisted tackles. CBHS has a solid linebacker corps that can stop the rushing attack against anyone in Tennessee. Not to be outdone, the "Fab Five" (secondary) combined for 14 tackles and 2 INTs. Clark Schifani and John McArthur are some of the best in the state. And don't forget the junior RJ Gillen who steps up to make big plays. They held Park to under 50% completion rate (13-27). I believe this game will be the game of the year: great rivalry, great atmosphere, great crowds, great teams. I see CBHS with the title by 7.

No, it was said how great CBHS defense was by Birdman and I just pointed out that MUS defense was just as good. They are 1 and 2 in the Super 7 in defense and both deserve to be there with the years they have had. They are the reason they are both here in the championship. I agree this will be a great game and which ever defense plays the best will be the winner.

I never stated that CBHS didn't have a great defense, because they do, the stats don't lie. I was just replying to another post.

At most. The real shame is that division split, attendance at the DI 5A game and DIIAAA game together aren't even close to what the 5A game attendance once was. TSSAA doesn't even post attendance on their website anymore...too embarrassing. No matter where the teams hailed from, I think people would definitely go see the very best play each other.

I agree, and I think it goes back to the original dilution from 3 classes to 5. I attended all the clinic bowls in the 80s with my dad. It was one of the best sporting events to go to regardless of who was playing. I was there in '88 when (I think) dickson county and jefferson county sold out Vanderbilt for the game.

I can't understand why the game is played in Murfreesboro, especially considering there is no bond at all between Murfreesboro and the any of the super 7, not to mention that the leadership of a certain high school there was responsible for orchestrating the split in the first place. I highly doubt there will be many murfreesboro residents who will walk up to watch two private schools from anywhere play, much less from Memphis. I also doubt that many interested Nashvillians from MBA, Ryan, Ensworth, BA, etc. will trek out to Murfreesboro, but would go to Vanderbilt.

my suggestion is to rotate the game among the three primary cities--Nashville, memphis, and chattanooga--and play it Thanksgiving day, as the Clinic Bowl was originally done in the 50's.

no, why don't you not take what was said out of context. I have no doubt that Chris Walker is a fine football player, I actually got down on to the football playing field and played against him. Why don't you read the post from start to finish, there's no knocking on Chris Walker, I was simply STATING the facts. If that's bashing someone, then, yes, I was being negative.

Some people are so sensitive and so eager to try to find fault in someone else. I was actually complimenting Chris Mosby, but you turn it in to a bashing post. Wasn't Mosby the one that missed alot of games last year, not Chris Walker.. ???

I know exactly what you said. I read the entire post and you were NOT stating FACTS. I never stated that you "bashed" Chris Walker. Maybe YOU should read an entire post. You are right about people being quick to find fault with someone else. Isn't that what you do? Once again I have to correct your post...it was both Chris Mosby AND Chris Walker that missed a lot of games last year. As a matter of fact, there were quite a few injuries last year.

CBHS and MUS both have very fine players...that is why they are playing in the championship game.

tsr7487,

Here's a FACT...

Chris Walker got hurt with less than 2 minutes to go in the ECS game last year which was the 5th game of the season. He didn't play again until either the last game of the regular season or the 1st round play-off game vs. Brentwood Academy. That being said, Chris Walker doesn't have a "dog in this fight." He goes on the field every Friday night to do whatever he needs to do to help his team win. He will do the same thing on Saturday without regard to how many tackles and how many "big plays" are recorded for him. If you played against him, you of all people should know that he's not into numbers. He's into representing CBHS on and off the field. Furthermore, if you ask Chris Mosby, I think that he would rather play WITH Chris Walker than WITHOUT him.

CBHS has the utmost respect for Coach Alston and the MUS Owls. The 2005 Blue Cross Bowl promises to be the game of the year. No matter who wins, Division II West will be well-represented. Good luck to both teams.