Single A Mr. Football

Eaglemaniac

I (being from Trousdale) think that #44 from Temple is the best player i've seen on the field this yr, Line him up against anyone, in 1a he'll dominate.

I would probably agree with you that Josh Smith (#44) from Temple is one of the best players in 1a, but he's only a junior. Robinson of SP is a senior and should be given some credit. He's a better player than people think. He doesn't have the numbers like many of the others who didn't get chosen for the award -- but we don't go to him all the time. We have more weapons than most teams have and so Antonio may not appear to be as good as some others but he is.

He may not win the title of mr. football but you have to give him some respect for being a finalist.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I can match it...Dustin Dillehay QB for Trousdale...close to 2,000 yards passing this year with 15 TD passes...He has 650 yards rushing for 9 TDs...he plays both sides of the ball...on defense he has picked off 8 interceptions and recovered 4 fumbles, not to mention alot of tackles...OH AND ONE MORE THING, HE HAS AN UNDEFEATED TEAM ALSO, BUT HIS IS RANKED JUST A LITTLE BIT BETTER THAN YOURS :D ...

Seems to me that thier yardages are about the same, but look at touchdowns. Clay has almost twice as many. Hey it doesn't matter who is better it's all in the team you play for. Since no one has heard of Jo Byrns and Trousdale is known of then we don't get any respect. I am not going to say Clay should win over some of these kids but he should have been nominated above Dillehay

• 2 months later...

Didn't Fleming play for the Vols and isn't he playing for the Titans now?

If you guys dont get a decent QB next yr, just make sure he touches the ball 20-30 times per game, that ought to be good for 2-3 tds/game. Might even be able to ride his back into the playoffs again. That is if you guys get enough players to have a team.