How is Riverdale so good?

footballmgr06

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the funniest thing the other night at the rHS game! I wish i could have taken a pic of it! It read :

SMYRNA PLAYERS FROM SMYRNA

RIVERDALE PLAYERS FROM ALL OVER RUTHERFORD COUNTY! :angry::P

Do you think that is true? B)

Funny but not true i wonder how many of smyrna s players are actually from lavergne or even blackman i do know of a few but the thread asked why is RIVERDALE so good the reason is because

1. We have one of the best coaching staffs in the state (please notice i said "one" of the best and not the best)

2. We have a tremndous off season work program (Rankin says this is the major key)that over 90% of the players didnt miss a workout

3. We have a lot of players on the team What i mean by that is we have over 100 players on the team and all of them work hard and eventually become good football players if we were losing we probably would be like most high school with around 40-50 kids partcipating and most of your kids are playing both sides of the ball and they get tired by the end of the game whereas most of our players only have a major role on 1 side of the ball

4. Great support not only from fans but also from the school and the administration to the boosters and the students themselves

and these are just a few thing right off the top of my head

GO WARRIORS

Funny but not true i wonder how many of smyrna s players are actually from lavergne or even blackman i do know of a few but the thread asked why is RIVERDALE so good the reason is because

1. We have one of the best coaching staffs in the state (please notice i said "one" of the best and not the best)

2. We have a tremndous off season work program (Rankin says this is the major key)that over 90% of the players didnt miss a workout

3. We have a lot of players on the team What i mean by that is we have over 100 players on the team and all of them work hard and eventually become good football players if we were losing we probably would be like most high school with around 40-50 kids partcipating and most of your kids are playing both sides of the ball and they get tired by the end of the game whereas most of our players only have a major role on 1 side of the ball

4. Great support not only from fans but also from the school and the administration to the boosters and the students themselves

GO WARRIORS

I know a lot of Smyrna people that are zoned for LaVergne. You couldn't imagine..

HINT: the football and baseball team would be lacking a arm if this guy went to the zoned school....

Good post. I was at the Riverdale vs. Oak Ridge game last year, and when Riverdale warmed up, they went from the 45 all the way out the back of the endzone with double numbers on some players.

When you have that many athletes, it doesn't make it hard to have a good team. Numbers don't equate to good team, so you also have to give credit to the coaching staff and also the dedication to the program from the kids who are out there.

I know a lot of Smyrna people that are zoned for LaVergne. You couldn't imagine..

HINT: the football and baseball team would be lacking a arm if this guy went to the zoned school....

That's funny. This guy lived in the Smyrna zone as a freshman, his dad dies, mom has to move for various reasons as a result, and now he happens to live somewhere else. You know I guess he really should go to the Vergne. I guess the circumstances don't mean anything.

But then again, all TSSAA cares about is where you start your high school career. :lol:

Good post. I was at the Riverdale vs. Oak Ridge game last year, and when Riverdale warmed up, they went from the 45 all the way out the back of the endzone with double numbers on some players.

When you have that many athletes, it doesn't make it hard to have a good team. Numbers don't equate to good team, so you also have to give credit to the coaching staff and also the dedication to the program from the kids who are out there.

Yeah buddy the key to riverdales winning is rainkin is able to get his kids to buy in to his system. He makes a promise no other coach in the state can make. That is if you do what we ask( lifting,running,and make the grades) Do what you taught(reads, tenique) We will up hold our part. Then we can coach you, and if you stay 4 years, you will get a ring.

That's funny. This guy lived in the Smyrna zone as a freshman, his dad dies, mom has to move for various reasons as a result, and now he happens to live somewhere else. You know I guess he really should go to the Vergne. I guess the circumstances don't mean anything.

But then again, all TSSAA cares about is where you start your high school career. ;)

I mean dont u think u should leave the kid out of it...? I mean how is he gonna determine where he lives..He started out in the Smyrna Zone....And I think the least thing u should do is Leave his dad out of it...It really no ones buisness where he lives and stuff like that because he cant determine where he goes...

Marques Locke-Riverdale

And I couldnt imagine how many kids they have that good ol Rankin has got to Transfer to the zone...

But then again, all TSSAA cares about is where you start your high school career. ;)

I mean dont u think u should leave the kid out of it...? I mean how is he gonna determine where he lives..He started out in the Smyrna Zone....And I think the least thing u should do is Leave his dad out of it...It really no ones buisness where he lives and stuff like that because he cant determine where he goes...

Marques Locke-Riverdale

And I couldnt imagine how many kids they have that good ol Rankin has got to Transfer to the zone...