Clinton High School

chsdragon

Well for the last 7 years all I hear is how young we are and next year is no different. It seems like the TSSAA would have mercy on Clinton and move them to 3A but not the same region with fulton, AE catholic maybe with carter and seymour region. What do you think I will always support clinton but I haft to admit I shy away from football talk.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my question for you is--how many students are at Clinton? If they fall into the category of a 4a school, they gotta play in a 4a region. These classifications are set up on student enrollment, not level of play. It might be better to stay in 4a and move the school to region 1. The only problem would be the long commute :thumb:

I'm not going to go into the Catlett years. I'm not going to bad mouth the guy, but in my opinion he was not the person for the job. Whether he was responsible for the current state of the program is not an argument that I'm not going to get into. It's over....look to the future.

Give Shattuck a chance. He is a good guy and has ton's of football knowledge. I know that he definitely wants to turn the program around and is committed to doing the job. All it takes is for kids believing in their coaches and the program and then things can start happening. Regardless of the score when you played the Central Bobcats, I definitely saw an improvement in Clinton from last year to this year.

Wining and losing season seem to come and go in cycles, and hopefully someday in the future, Maryville and Clinton will swap places as the team to beat in our region.

Edited by sofine

I'm not going to go into the Catlett years. I'm not going to bad mouth the guy, but in my opinion he was not the person for the job. Whether he was responsible for the current state of the program is not an argument that I'm not going to get into. It's over....look to the future.

Give Shattuck a chance. He is a good guy and has ton's of football knowledge. I know that he definitely wants to turn the program around and is committed to doing the job. All it takes is for kids believing in their coaches and the program and then things can start happening. Regardless of the score when you played the Central Bobcats, I definitely saw an improvement in Clinton from last year to this year.

Wining and losing season seem to come and go in cycles, and hopefully someday in the future, Maryville and Clinton will swap places as the team to beat in our region.

Your envy is evident everywhere .

• 1 month later...

Well, I have a question about moving up for Clinton. I don't really think it's an option since their numbers are pretty low (although they don't have many more people than Ravenwood). But if they did, would they continue to be in Region 3? Also, why are they in Region 3? This seems pretty strange to me since Clinton High School's only 20 minutes or so from Oak Ridge High School. But maybe 4A is split up differently than 5A? So, if Clinton did move up to class 5A, if they'd be in Region 2, there is no way they'd make it out of the region unless Shattuck can start turning around the program. Maybe there's a chance in Region 3, however. I mean, I know Region 3 has Cookeville, but other than that, aren't they pretty weak? So I guess if there's any talk of moving them up, keeping them in Region 3 would probably get them better results than Region 2 as far as making play-offs anyway.

Playing better football will get them better results.

Ole Dad

Well, I have a question about moving up for Clinton. I don't really think it's an option since their numbers are pretty low (although they don't have many more people than Ravenwood). But if they did, would they continue to be in Region 3? Also, why are they in Region 3? This seems pretty strange to me since Clinton High School's only 20 minutes or so from Oak Ridge High School. But maybe 4A is split up differently than 5A? So, if Clinton did move up to class 5A, if they'd be in Region 2, there is no way they'd make it out of the region unless Shattuck can start turning around the program. Maybe there's a chance in Region 3, however. I mean, I know Region 3 has Cookeville, but other than that, aren't they pretty weak? So I guess if there's any talk of moving them up, keeping them in Region 3 would probably get them better results than Region 2 as far as making play-offs anyway.