CENTRAL BOBCATS @ MARYVILLE REBELS

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hear what happened on that as well....

I was traveling all day Friday and got back to town just in time to sprint into the stadium to see the first play from scrimmage. I had to sit on the Central side because that was the only place where I could find a seat. I heard some of the Central parents talking about a fight between Helton and one of the other players that they said occurred earlier in the week. Any truth to that?

As for the game:

Good one. Not quite a classic, but a very good game.

I thought that Zach looked good. MHS had good downfield coverage, but it really seems like he's more comfortable running than throwing. The D keyed on that and held him in check. But he threw a couple of really pretty passes. The long ball that was dropped in the second half was a gorgeous pass that should have gone for 6. Maples dropped one that should have been a TD as well.

The MHS run game looked good. Tallent seems to have an extra bounce in his step this week. Tank kills people. Gaston had one great run on the pitch pass in the 4th. That was fun to watch.

Maples is a freak. I always hope he gets a chance to run when the ball is kicked his way.

Great win Rebels. Good D like always. I hope that Central can take some solace in knowing they lost to the best.

Hey crow doesn't taste so bad. You get used to it when you have to eat it year after year.

Centrals kicker commits to the Large Orange and he can't kick it in the end zone. That really hurt the Bobcats.

Maryville simply dominated Central. The score is not a good indication of Maryville's dominance.

Central looses a lot of excellent players. I noticed that they had 9 or 10 players going both ways. Will next year be a down year for the Cats?

Our only hope is Maryville lets in a few more tuition students, counts all of their students, and moves up th 5 A.

Hey crow doesn't taste so bad. You get used to it when you have to eat it year after year.

Centrals kicker commits to the Large Orange and he can't kick it in the end zone. That really hurt the Bobcats.

Maryville simply dominated Central. The score is not a good indication of Maryville's dominance.

Central looses a lot of excellent players. I noticed that they had 9 or 10 players going both ways. Will next year be a down year for the Cats?

Our only hope is Maryville lets in a few more tuition students, counts all of their students, and moves up th 5 A.

That very thought popped into my head right after the TD by Maples " Geez , we just signed this guy to kick in the end zone and then he doesn't " .... but after a little thought , you have to cut him some slack , as cold as it was the ball probably felt like kicking a bowling ball . I have a lot of faith that Central will reload and be right there with us again next year .

I sought Zach out after the game and shook his hand. He's a good kid. One heck of a warrior and competitor. Good luck to this senior class of Bobcats in their future dealings. You all have lots to be proud of and your a special group.

bigcatt...you can pick yourself up off the floor now :thumb:

I second that and I would also like to say that it always scares me to play Central, especially twice in one year. Some good teams we play, once we get up on them a little bit tend to roll over to a certain extent. Central never does! They are unafraid and I honestly don't think we are even in their heads too much. Just like the other night when Maples returned the second half kick and then Gaston almost took the ensuing kick to the house. They keep coming back. It is hard to believe we are 7-0 against Zach Helton. He and the other players and coaches have my utmost respect. I honestly think we have had the success we have had in Murfreesboro in part due to the fact that we have played Central twice before getting there.

I second that and I would also like to say that it always scares me to play Central, especially twice in one year. Some good teams we play, once we get up on them a little bit tend to roll over to a certain extent. Central never does! They are unafraid and I honestly don't think we are even in their heads too much. Just like the other night when Maples returned the second half kick and then Gaston almost took the ensuing kick to the house. They keep coming back. It is hard to believe we are 7-0 against Zach Helton. He and the other players and coaches have my utmost respect. I honestly think we have had the success we have had in Murfreesboro in part due to the fact that we have played Central twice before getting there.

Good post and no question about it, Central, unwillingly has helped prepare the Rebel's for the game to come many years now. I shook a few hands as well, those kids were tougher this year than most. Coach H has done a great job but I wonder how long he'll stay there as HC?

You've got a lot of nerve man...Zach Helton was nothing but a WARRIOR for the Central Bobcats and anybody that says otherwise is completely stupid...you have no right to attack a player like Zach...i dont know zach very well but i have played baseball against him the last 4-5 years and he is the same way on the diamond...he always gives his all...u are retarted...the reason that play worked is GASTON period and a good hold on #84 Fulton in the secondary....i hope you would have the guts to say something to Zach Helton's face like that...cuz he would let you have it...he gets nothing but the upmost respect from us at Maryville and this includes the students...oh and next time you send someone over to our side during the game u might wanna send help cuz if he wasnt drunk about 8 of us would have absolutely clocked that kid...ur such a loser dude...thats y Helton is on the field and you watch.

well MR. Zach helton was just a little mad because all of his senior classmans were yelling "PUT KENNY IN","SHOULDVE PUT KENNY IN" so zach got upset and threw his fans the bird,, then went crying to his daddy and mr. BIG HELTON got upset and started pointing out people saying it!!!!

when coach helton let kenny cruize throw the ball they just happened to score a touchdown!

was zach on his knees??? because he blew the game...

your pathetic ... and a coward