CENTRAL BOBCATS @ MARYVILLE REBELS

Good win for my Rebels. Maryville played pretty well most of the game but had what they had not had most of the season, a few break downs on Defence. Maryville did get the running game going and must of had over 325 yards on the ground balanced mostly between Baker and Tallent. Hunt and Burnett also got a few yard on the ground as well. The passing game was not what it needs to be and has been better.

Nonetheless a good win vs a solid Central Football Team. Helton looked pretty good to be banged up and Gaston is a stud. Great season by the 2nd best 4A team in East Tennessee.

Moristown West is Next!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win for my Rebels. Maryville played pretty well most of the game but had what they had not had most of the season, a few break downs on Defence. Maryville did get the running game going and must of had over 325 yards on the ground balanced mostly between Baker and Tallent. Hunt and Burnett also got a few yard on the ground as well. The passing game was not what it needs to be and has been better.

Nonetheless a good win vs a solid Central Football Team. Helton looked pretty good to be banged up and Gaston is a stud. Great season by the 2nd best 4A team in East Tennessee.

Moristown West is Next!

Weeelllll Seeeeee!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Good effort by both teams. Central always plays us tough and right when it looked like we would put them away they hung around. Our running game gave them problems. Baker absolutely planted #18 on his first touchdown! And Gaston is something when he gets the ball in space. Central as usual has a fine team. I think Helton did play hurt. I watched him during warmups and when he squatted to hold for the kickers warm up kicks he was moving pretty gingerly. I think he just toughed it out and played. He is a real competitor and plays a lot bigger than his actual size. I know it is disappointing but another fine season for the Bobcats. Maryville needs to quit shooting themselves in the foot with dumb penalties to kill drives.

Edited by mhs

Good effort by both teams. Central always plays us tough and right when it looked like we would put them away they hung around. Our running game gave them problems. Baker absolutely planted #18 on his first touchdown! And Gaston is something when he gets the ball in space. Central as usual has a fine team. I think Helton did play hurt. I watched him during warmups and when he squatted to hold for the kickers warm up kicks he was moving pretty gingerly. I think he just stunk it up and played. He is a real competitor and plays a lot bigger than his actual size. I know it is disappointing but another fine season for the Bobcats. Maryville needs to quit shooting themselves in the foot with dumb penalties to kill drives.

MHS,

I was going to correct your slip where you said he "stunk" it up ... but when I tried, I realized you didn't make a mistake. The filter automatically changes su*ked to stunk. Kind of funny in this instance.

Edited by GovMan

MHS,

I was going to correct your slip where you said he "stunk" it up ... but when I tried, I realized you didn't make a mistake. The filter automatically changes su*ked to stunk. Kind of funny in this instance.

I am glad you pointed that one out. I edited my orginal post.

stupid post krakatoa--he is and played thru it. Tough kid. Don't take away from his performance when you have no clue what you are talking about B)

Wrong. I was at the game. If Helton was hurt it was an in-grown hair. He was all over the field. Maybe he was hurting on Wednesday when his dad said he would be limited during the game? But he must have healed a lot since Wednesday. Helton was moving like always. And like history has shown he and the rest of the team gave a great effort but came up short. GQ and company did a great job.

Maryville's running game was awesome. Adrian Baker and Ryan Tallent were great. Tyler Maples is a stud. Derek Hunt and Brent Burnett played well. What a great call on Derek's touchdown. The only negative was Maryville shot themselves in the foot too many times. What about Brent Burnett on the option?

Defensively Maryville played well at times. David Gaston proves why he is a great player. He is scary in the open field. Zack Helton is a great competitor. One thing that hurt Central is they dropped too many passes.

Great win by Maryville tonight. Lets get MOWest next week.

Once again, the Rebs got the best of the Cats.

And as always, I hate it......but I want to say congrats to the Maryville players and coaches and wish them the best the rest of the way. Hopefully the closest competition that you guys have all year is the regular season game and tonights game.

For those of you who think that Helton wasn't injured - guess again. The kid was banged up in last week's Red Bank game. I don't know the extent of his injuries because the Central camp did a good job of keeping it quite ( :thumb: ), but he did play hurt and wouldn't have missed this game even if he was in a wheelchair.

I hate to see this group of kids go without a "W" against Maryville, but once again, I wish the Rebels the best of luck next week and hopefully the week after that.

Edited by catsfever