Riverdale @ Cookeville

This has been said before, about them being beatable, how can you prove that they are beatable when they haven't been beat?

Give me a break Thesportsreporters,If Oak Ridge is ANY better than Cookeville @ all then ya'll will be beat.

Good luck but you could give Cookeville just a LITTLE bit of credit. B)

IF you were really AT the game!

THE SQUAD B)

Edited by THE SQUAD

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from the game. I am very happy that we got out of there with a win! If you had told me before the game that we had 5 turnovers i would have told you that we lost. Our defense stepped up when their back was against the wall and came up with big stop after big stop. My take on the turnovers...only 1 of them was because of mishandleing the ball (scotts) the others was a great job by cookeville of getting the ball out on antwans the defender literally took it right out of his hand gastons ball was well stripped by the defender phillips was him trying to make a play you might could count it as careless but whatever CHS turned it over 2 times and we got 0 points out of it. the fumble i dont fault the CHS player either because he was running hard and got hit the int was a kid trying to make a play

This was a well fought game and of course i beleive that we were the better team our coaches did a nice job of adjusting the game plan and just kept on feeding gaston and mixing up the fullback with kit nice job coaches

I want to address the last drive by RHS that was a heck of a drive the line was blowing CHS off the ball and literally took the game over the line was determined in that last drive to open the holes for the backs there was a few holes that i might have been able to run thru that drive right there is what people talk about when they say Riverdale know that they are gonna win they may not actually win but they believe that they will and that drive shows why those kids work so hard in the off season and at practice GREAT JOB GUYS ON TO OAK RIDGE

GO WARRIORS

the offciating was pretty good there might have been a few questionable spots and on the 15 yard facemask call in the 4th qtr i would have liked to seen the holding call by the lineman holding our #10 but i thought it was pretty well officiated

Congratualtions Cavs on an outstanding season. It's been a pleasure watching you guys this year, you were the only team we could count on this year to go out and give it your all. I couldn't be more proud of how classy the players, coaches, and fans were though we lost. Cookeville fans don't give excuses , we lost and thats it. All i have to say to the sports reporters is that when Riverdale does finally lose and your feeling this hurt, your going to wish people weren't insulting your team. Fuggs, squad, stlrcoach, and many others i've had fun this season talking Cavalier football, hope you'll all be posting again next year. THANK YOU SENIORS.

Well said cavsmaniac! I don't know what his problem is, but like you said, when they do lose, he's going to get all bent out of shape when others rag on his team. My feeling is that time will be next Friday night. I was told that the Riverdale players and coaches handled themselves very well tonight, but some of their fans were just as obnoxious as Thesportsreporters is being right now. That's really sad!

Just got home from the game. I am very happy that we got out of there with a win! If you had told me before the game that we had 5 turnovers i would have told you that we lost. Our defense stepped up when their back was against the wall and came up with big stop after big stop. My take on the turnovers...only 1 of them was because of mishandleing the ball (scotts) the others was a great job by cookeville of getting the ball out on antwans the defender literally took it right out of his hand gastons ball was well stripped by the defender phillips was him trying to make a play you might could count it as careless but whatever CHS turned it over 2 times and we got 0 points out of it. the fumble i dont fault the CHS player either because he was running hard and got hit the int was a kid trying to make a play

This was a well fought game and of course i beleive that we were the better team our coaches did a nice job of adjusting the game plan and just kept on feeding gaston and mixing up the fullback with kit nice job coaches

I want to address the last drive by RHS that was a heck of a drive the line was blowing CHS off the ball and literally took the game over the line was determined in that last drive to open the holes for the backs there was a few holes that i might have been able to run thru that drive right there is what people talk about when they say Riverdale know that they are gonna win they may not actually win but they believe that they will and that drive shows why those kids work so hard in the off season and at practice GREAT JOB GUYS ON TO OAK RIDGE

GO WARRIORS

the offciating was pretty good there might have been a few questionable spots and on the 15 yard facemask call in the 4th qtr i would have liked to seen the holding call by the lineman holding our #10 but i thought it was pretty well officiated

Hey riverdaleman, why can't everyone, mainly thesportsreporters, be as classy as you on here? I've never seen you handle yourself as poorly as he does. Thanks for the honest take on the game that you just posted here! That drive at the end was, from all accounts, beautiful! Congrats to your Warriors!

Well said cavsmaniac! I don't know what his problem is, but like you said, when they do lose, he's going to get all bent out of shape when others rag on his team. My feeling is that time will be next Friday night. I was told that the Riverdale players and coaches handled themselves very well tonight, but some of their fans were just as obnoxious as Thesportsreporters is being right now. That's really sad!

That is really sad , like he said Riverdaleman we appreciate you not just rubbing it in . That last minute drive for Riverdale was beautiful and exactly what cavs fans like me feared of. Gaston proved to be just like everyone talked him up to be, and Vanderbilt is lucky to have him in the years to come. Now that our football is done hopefully our basketball team can start winning.

Congrats to both teams on a well played game. The Cav defense just couldn't get it done at the end. Riverdale knows how to win and when the pressure is on they take it up to a different level.

But the Warriors are beatable this year. Last year they were unbeatable, but this year maybe someone will get them.

Congratulations to the Cav seniors-great bunch of kids who have played hard and demonstrated a lot of class for 3 years. A few of them will be playing on Saturday next year and a couple of them will probably be playing basketball in college. The last two years the Cav seniors have brought the program up to a greater place than has been seen in many many years. Next year, well we will have to wait and see-it could be rebuilding season.

i agree. definitely beatable. both teams played hard and it was a good game. Rhs just played a little better...rhs is good...but 19th in the nation....i doubt it

That is really sad , like he said Riverdaleman we appreciate you not just rubbing it in . That last minute drive for Riverdale was beautiful and exactly what cavs fans like me feared of. Gaston proved to be just like everyone talked him up to be, and Vanderbilt is lucky to have him in the years to come. Now that our football is done hopefully our basketball team can start winning.

There was nothing to rub in CHS played a great game and i would imagine the game was played like coach joslin would have scripted but our defense while it did bend it did not break wow 5 turnovers

I have a question the drive right after halftime why do yall think he decided to go for it on 4th down instead of trying to pin us deep inour territory? I am not second guessing i dont know your team enough to second guess but i was hoping the cavs fans can let me know like if it had worked alot this season we obvisly couldnt handle the punter so if 1 of ya can give me some insight and your opinion on this i would apreciate it

i agree. definitely beatable. both teams played hard and it was a good game. Rhs just played a little better...rhs is good...but 19th in the nation....i doubt it

stuff like this is why sportsreporters get worked up we get this stuff all the time either somthing like this or that we recruit so it does get old mean while we keep on winning and people keep on hating

Excuse me....Can Riverdale beat South Panola? B)

Who cares we dont have to play them to win state

There was nothing to rub in CHS played a great game and i would imagine the game was played like coach joslin would have scripted but our defense while it did bend it did not break wow 5 turnovers

I have a question the drive right after halftime why do yall think he decided to go for it on 4th down instead of trying to pin us deep inour territory? I am not second guessing i dont know your team enough to second guess but i was hoping the cavs fans can let me know like if it had worked alot this season we obvisly couldnt handle the punter so if 1 of ya can give me some insight and your opinion on this i would apreciate it

We went for it on 4th & 1 because we normally make it!

We made all the other 4th down tries we had.

Went for & got a 1st down on a 4th down on our own 30 yard line too.

The pitch play though I don't really understand but I'm not going to second guess our coaching staff.

Great game! :thumb:

THE SQUAD :)

Edited by THE SQUAD

I hven't been home for many games, but my guess is he was just trying to shake something up. I can't speak for him, but that would be my thought. I believe it has worked some this season. If I remember correctly, it worked once or twice in the Ooltewah game. JJ is a very unpredictable coach. I've wondered what he was doing a few times and second guessed him until the play was run, and it worked like a charm. :thumb: I just hope to be able to think the way he does one day, or even better, come home and con him into letting me help him coach my team!

Edited by stlrcoach