Who was DB best defensive back in the modern day

darkknight

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that is a long story about Machen.

By the way Jo Jo Throp made 2nd team defense on the All Big East Team as a DB and Kick Return guy. That is pretty good for a Junior. The 2005 DB team was hard to pass on. So whomever made that comment about Jo Jo is ignorant to the facts

Edited by bud

Well, that is a long story about Machen.

By the way Jo Jo Throp made 2nd team defense on the All Big East Team as a DB and Kick Return guy. That is pretty good for a Junior. The 2005 DB team was hard to pass on and Jo. So whomever made that comment about Jo Jo is ignorant to the facts

Sensabaugh made first team, so he must have been better than Thorp. :lol:

darkknight, I know Sensabaugh made 1st team. I was just backing up the fact that Throp is a great DB because wkktnvolsfan made a stupid comment about Jo Jo. Sensabaugh is also an awesome wide reciver as well.

Moten was a a great player all over the field for DB. Too bad he went back to Jackson

Jeremy Graves, Fred Powell, Teddy Gaines, Gerald Sensabaugh, Chris Machen...that would be my first group (at first thought)...

some others of note - Jermaine Carpenter, Jessee McMillan, Dustin Gaines, Walker Throp, Jason Sensabaugh, Stephen Moten, Jessee Alley...all the above have made at least all-conference.

go back a few years and theres Gary Smith, Rick Sizemore, Bill Newell, Steve Jones...I am sure there are many more to be remembered...

and by the way darkknight, no one named "Thorp" has played for D-B.

Coach Brian Barrett is the defensive backs coach @ D-B...Coach Bill Church has also worked with the safety position during the "modern era"

Roll Tribe Roll