Cumberland University next coach is ...........

Volzchamps

Clint is the man for the job. Heck he is the man for any job. He would work is white tail off recruiting, planning, and molding those boys into what he wanted. As for All-Americans, how many has trousdale had. Reggie Harper, TC Payne, Michael Scruggs. All the others were made into great players by a great coach who gets everything out of his kids. The problem at CU would be that he has nothing to sell. Their facilities stink, their program is at rock bottom, and they have limited money for scholarships. Would you go play for them. If anyone can turn it around, it would be Clint, but I don't know if he can. Plus, he wouldn't get away with some of his tantrums there. :angry:

I think either Clint or Alexander would be a great hire. Both can coach, both know how to build programs and both knowhow to win. Clint is probably a little better recruiter according to folks in Gallatin, Smith Co, and Macon Co (kidding).

As for the facilities at CU, I agree they are substandard compared to most local high schools much less college programs. I don't understand why they don't play their home games at TCHS, Lebanon, Gallatin, Mt. Juliet, Friendship, Smith Co., and other high schools in the Middle Tennessee area where they players are being recruited from. It seems only logical that they could attract more local talent and even better community support by bonding themselves with these local schools. Sure they might have to plit the gate but their attendence would probably double or triple and imagine the fan base they could build!!!!

As an FC alum I would love to see them hire Clint but I really can't imagine him coaching anything other than yellow jackets for years to come. After all Lebanon thought they had him hired only to lose out in the end to TC. If he wouldn't leave for Lebanon High then what program could lure him away? :)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The CU football job pays better than you might think. Woody Hunt is the only coach to make more base salary than the FB coach. The kicker is the pay for assistant coaches. I think they'll pay two fulltime assistants (One on O, one on D). The rest of the staff is part time, GA's and the like.

Coach satterfield will not take the job i don't believe his son is still in high school for one more year.And besides if he left all you critic's wouldn't have any one to cry about any more so he will probally stay and keep kicking #$& and stuffing gold balls in the TC vault , they built an enlarged trophy room at the new high school the old case were running over with gold balls and region champs plaques. If TC could swap trophys for oil the energy crisis would be over.So moan on about Clint each basher would relish secretly to have him.As for the name Clint go call Mr.Eastwood a sissy and see if you don't get one across the lips.Rock on Jackets!!!

Coach satterfield will not take the job i don't believe his son is still in high school for one more year.And besides if he left all you critic's wouldn't have any one to cry about any more so he will probally stay and keep kicking #$& and stuffing gold balls in the TC vault , they built an enlarged trophy room at the new high school the old case were running over with gold balls and region champs plaques. If TC could swap trophys for oil the energy crisis would be over.So moan on about Clint each basher would relish secretly to have him.As for the name Clint go call Mr.Eastwood a sissy and see if you don't get one across the lips.Rock on Jackets!!!

I mean I don't blame him for staying ....look at what type of people he would leave behind(see above). Only in Trousdale Co could people think that "gold balls" are more valuable than the dollar value of the energy crisis...i.e...the twisted value system of your athletics. What we have here is the basic value of " If I could buy you for what you are worth.....and then sell you for what you THINK you are worth....I'd be a millionaire" ....

I mean I don't blame him for staying ....look at what type of people he would leave behind(see above). Only in Trousdale Co could people think that "gold balls" are more valuable than the dollar value of the energy crisis...i.e...the twisted value system of your athletics. What we have here is the basic value of " If I could buy you for what you are worth.....and then sell you for what you THINK you are worth....I'd be a millionaire" ....

Mr.Bulldog our athletics seem to be doing quite well the last time I checked as for the value system of the energy crisis you can blame that on whoever wants to listen I have my thoughts on the subject not that it matters.What it boils down to is tthat outsider bashers opinions do not mean a heck of a lot to TC and our athletic program your hatred or envy whichever you and all other critics may choose means very little to Trousdale Co as a whole.What we have here is a failure to communicateon on your part with realization is that no matter what Coach Clint chooses in the future TC will always strive to maintain Excellance in our Athletic dept. and school as a whole so bash on brother we handle it very well for down here we don't barter with ones self worth but instead we revel in the wealth of our communities and people as a whole.

I mean I don't blame him for staying ....look at what type of people he would leave behind(see above). Only in Trousdale Co could people think that "gold balls" are more valuable than the dollar value of the energy crisis...

BD...That was just about the dumbest post I've ever read....

Qualifies for my post season thread though>>>"Seasons Most Stupid Quotes"

BD...That was just about the dumbest post I've ever read....

Qualifies for my post season thread though>>>"Seasons Most Stupid Quotes"

I would put yours as one of my Top 10..."People who never get "it" ....why...cause you guys just don't get it...........your athletics....no .. I don't think so...just your football team...........look up class guys......and guess what ...TC isn't there....but you have some "gold balls"....maybe that will carry you through life.

I would put yours as one of my Top 10..."People who never get "it" ....why...cause you guys just don't get it...........your athletics....no .. I don't think so...just your football team...........look up class guys......and guess what ...TC isn't there....but you have some "gold balls"....maybe that will carry you through life.

it's sad that that you think you have an entire community pegged based on your own opinions, you really dont seem to be much of a thinker man, thats pretty sad :(