Lipscomb Vs. Covington

Ham83

-10 trick points for taking 16 hours to up with this

Time once again for MUSTANG MONDAY CALLOUTS, hey that could be or next radio show.

To the entire MUSTANG NATION, which I guess is only about 300 people, WHERE WERE YOU? There is no gurantee we are always going to be in the semifnals. We need you against a tough Covington team.

M.P.D.H. - we need you this Friday, Craig will be back and he needs somebody to help keep his muffins warm.

This will be my last post of the week

This game makes no difference any way....the two best teams in the state period besides Riverdale...will be playing in the Smokies...Alcoa and Tyner...Good thing Lipscomb got the little multiplier thing put in so they could run away form the real teams like Tyner and Alcoa, and Sweet Water. The true state champion will be the winner of this game...everyone else knows they are playing for consolation prizes....I am tired of hearing all you flatlander gulley jumpers talking about your teams....When the snow starts to fly....the Tornadoes will reach the sky....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mustanglogob3.jpg

Since the Lipscomb/Lexington Thread has been locked down. We'll make this announcement here. Peter Powell's Post Game Notes and Highlites along with Game Stats, Game Grade and Commentary are now posted at The Mustangfanpage.

The Polls will be updated on Tuesday. Peter Powell's Game Day Notes for the Lipscomb-Covington Game will be posted later in the week.

Check it out.

Edited by vandy1

Guest catfish-hunter

Hey bulldog69 this is not my argument but I will get involved. If Lipscomb is recruiting players then let me be the first to say that their recruiting coordinator needs to be fired :lol::lol:

The Mustangs have decent size up front but they are by far not the biggest team the Cubs played this year (that would be Liberty). Elrod is a hard runner but besides him they don't have a star in the backfield. Wilkerson got kicked out of the school and he is now at Ravenwood. Neelly and Holt are their other two backs and I think that it's safe to say neither of them would start for Cheatham Co. offensively, although Neelly could play in our secondary on the other side of the ball. Hillin is a good solid high school football receiver but he isn't any better than our group of receivers (Piper, Thomas, Beach, and Casteel). Defensively the same thing holds true. Tempenny is a good solid football player at the nose guard position but he isn't that big body who'll take up two or three blockers that a typical nose would be able to do. Hudson and Cook are both studs at the two tackle spots and Braden Binkley is THE MAN at middle linebacker. Outside of those three guys they have Dale Binkley, John Austin Wilkerson, and Ben Lehning. Not a single one of those three guys is any better than the Cubs linebackers (Casteel, Moore, and Hoeh). In the secondary they are a solid group. They have good solid high school football players back there in Gott, Hull, Wood, and Neelly. The Cubs two starting safeties (Piper and Thomas) and possibly even our third safety (Robert Hambly) could start for Lipscomb. Gott is better than any corner we have but so is Creek Wood's Cody McCanless and I don't see people accusing those guys of cheating. Hull has a leg as the kicker but from what I heard he had a career night vs Cheatham Co. I guarantee anyone that Hull isn't a better kicker than Sycamore's Justin Billingsley and I don't see anyone accusing Sycamore of cheating.

David Lipscomb is a good solid football program with a terrific coach in Glen McCadams (253-87 career record with 2 Class 2A state titles in 1994 & 2002). They represent our region well and I for one hope they continue to do so and go on to win it all in Class 3A this year. This is their first year in 3A and everyone still uses the excuse you used in 2A when you blamed them for beating up on teams like Houston Co., Stewart Co., and East Robertson. I read a post today by someone who said they needed to be in 4A. WHY IS THAT????? If they went up to 4A they'd be in the Clarksville region with Kenwood, Northwest, Rossview, and Clarksville High. They'd also play the likes of Portland, Mount Juliet, Beech, and Springfield.

I guarantee you that both Cheatham Co. & Creek Wood would have won that region this year. Clarksville finished 3rd in that region and took 4A quarterfinalist Whites Creek to the wire and last time I checked a 5-5 Marshall Co. Tigers bunch (that everyone said was terrible after they lost in the opening round to Lexington) beat Clarksville at Clarksville 18-16. Marshall Co. ould have at least hosted in that region this year and Giles would have easily been a playoff team in that region this year. WHAT WOULD YOUR EXCUSE HAVE BEEN IF LIPSCOMB HAD WON THAT REGION THIS YEAR???? I promise you that Lipscomb would have killed every team in Region 6-4A this year, TRUST ME :thumb:

You would have said they need to be in 5A playing in the same region as Franklin, Ravenwood, Brentwood, and Dickson Co.

It is a useless argument for any of you Lipscomb fans because there will always be someone out there who just can't step up and give credit where credit is due. I on the other hand will say that the 2nd Round playoff battle between Cheatham Co.-David Lipscomb was just the start of what's about to become a hard fought but well respected rivalry between two good midstate football programs. the difference in that game had nothing to do with $$$$$$$. Lipscomb converted a 3rd & 11 on their first drive of the game to set up an eventual 7-0 lead. It was a 10-3 game in the 4th and the Cubs were driving inside Lipscomb territory when for the second time this year Lehning made a good defensive play against the Cubs and picked off a Kendall Bell pass. He did not return that one for a TD like he did the first time around but that play did set up Hull's second FG of the night and gave Lipscomb a 13-3 lead late in the contest to put it out of reach.

NOW WITH THAT HAVING BEEN SAID LET'S GO LIPSCOMB!!!! ANYONE WHO HAS ANYTHING TO SAY NOT REGARDING THE COVINGTON-LIPSCOMB SEMIFINAL MATCHUP THIS WEEK MAY AS WELL NOT BOTHER POSTING. GO FIND SOME OTHER THREAD TO RUIN FOR EVERYONE :lol:

Catfish, I'd say that was fairly well said. Seldom do we have a kid play in college. It's all about coaching if you don't have incredible athletic talent. I have observed that the public schools that have great coaching staffs also win all the time. Witness - Riverdale, Trousdale Co., Alcoa, Maryville, Milan, Fulton, Hillsboro, should I go on.

I look forward to a rivalry with Cheatham Co. in the coming years. You guys are well coached. We are well coached. We should have some great games.

David Lipscomb is a good solid football program with a terrific coach in Glen McCadams (253-87 career record with 2 Class 2A state titles in 1994 & 2002). They represent our region well and I for one hope they continue to do so and go on to win it all in Class 3A this year. This is their first year in 3A and everyone still uses the excuse you used in 2A when you blamed them for beating up on teams like Houston Co., Stewart Co., and East Robertson. I read a post today by someone who said they needed to be in 4A. WHY IS THAT????? If they went up to 4A they'd be in the Clarksville region with Kenwood, Northwest, Rossview, and Clarksville High. They'd also play the likes of Portland, Mount Juliet, Beech, and Springfield.

I dont agree with you much Catfish, but I agree with you on this 1. I was at the game friday, and thats just a excellent coached team that would win in 4a also. Lexington is loaded with talent. Deberry, Buckley, and Booth wil sign D-1, Gardner has already signed with UTM but its to play point guard, and Trezley Yarbrough has had the attention of many small schools all year. They got blanked by a DL team that could play with anybody. They execute with perfection, its unreal how a coach can get highschool kids to understand and play their positions as well as DL.

But they do have 1 loss, Convington can make it 2.

GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE YA IN THE 'BORO

Edited by montague1

Hey bulldog69 this is not my argument but I will get involved. If Lipscomb is recruiting players then let me be the first to say that their recruiting coordinator needs to be fired :ph34r::lol:

The Mustangs have decent size up front but they are by far not the biggest team the Cubs played this year (that would be Liberty). Elrod is a hard runner but besides him they don't have a star in the backfield. Wilkerson got kicked out of the school and he is now at Ravenwood. Neelly and Holt are their other two backs and I think that it's safe to say neither of them would start for Cheatham Co. offensively, although Neelly could play in our secondary on the other side of the ball. Hillin is a good solid high school football receiver but he isn't any better than our group of receivers (Piper, Thomas, Beach, and Casteel). Defensively the same thing holds true. Tempenny is a good solid football player at the nose guard position but he isn't that big body who'll take up two or three blockers that a typical nose would be able to do. Hudson and Cook are both studs at the two tackle spots and Braden Binkley is THE MAN at middle linebacker. Outside of those three guys they have Dale Binkley, John Austin Wilkerson, and Ben Lehning. Not a single one of those three guys is any better than the Cubs linebackers (Casteel, Moore, and Hoeh). In the secondary they are a solid group. They have good solid high school football players back there in Gott, Hull, Wood, and Neelly. The Cubs two starting safeties (Piper and Thomas) and possibly even our third safety (Robert Hambly) could start for Lipscomb. Gott is better than any corner we have but so is Creek Wood's Cody McCanless and I don't see people accusing those guys of cheating. Hull has a leg as the kicker but from what I heard he had a career night vs Cheatham Co. I guarantee anyone that Hull isn't a better kicker than Sycamore's Justin Billingsley and I don't see anyone accusing Sycamore of cheating.

I guarantee you that both Cheatham Co. & Creek Wood would have won that region this year. Clarksville finished 3rd in that region and took 4A quarterfinalist Whites Creek to the wire and last time I checked a 5-5 Marshall Co. Tigers bunch (that everyone said was terrible after they lost in the opening round to Lexington) beat Clarksville at Clarksville 18-16. Marshall Co. ould have at least hosted in that region this year and Giles would have easily been a playoff team in that region this year. WHAT WOULD YOUR EXCUSE HAVE BEEN IF LIPSCOMB HAD WON THAT REGION THIS YEAR???? I promise you that Lipscomb would have killed every team in Region 6-4A this year, TRUST ME :thumb:

You would have said they need to be in 5A playing in the same region as Franklin, Ravenwood, Brentwood, and Dickson Co.

It is a useless argument for any of you Lipscomb fans because there will always be someone out there who just can't step up and give credit where credit is due. I on the other hand will say that the 2nd Round playoff battle between Cheatham Co.-David Lipscomb was just the start of what's about to become a hard fought but well respected rivalry between two good midstate football programs. the difference in that game had nothing to do with $$$$$$$. Lipscomb converted a 3rd & 11 on their first drive of the game to set up an eventual 7-0 lead. It was a 10-3 game in the 4th and the Cubs were driving inside Lipscomb territory when for the second time this year Lehning made a good defensive play against the Cubs and picked off a Kendall Bell pass. He did not return that one for a TD like he did the first time around but that play did set up Hull's second FG of the night and gave Lipscomb a 13-3 lead late in the contest to put it out of reach.

NOW WITH THAT HAVING BEEN SAID LET'S GO LIPSCOMB!!!! ANYONE WHO HAS ANYTHING TO SAY NOT REGARDING THE COVINGTON-LIPSCOMB SEMIFINAL MATCHUP THIS WEEK MAY AS WELL NOT BOTHER POSTING. GO FIND SOME OTHER THREAD TO RUIN FOR EVERYONE :ph34r:

1.) So you can write 6 paragraphs about David Lipscomb, your beloved Cheatam County, and other rumblings on the LIPSCOMB/COVINGTON thread, then you have the aducity tell everyone else they can only post about David Lipsomb/Covington. Ironic.

2.) I am the one who said something about David Lipscomb should be in 4A with their enrollment, and then I said I was wrong once somebody corrected me.

3.) Sounds like you need a new coach if you have better athletes and still got beat by David Lipscomb, TWICE.

4.) David Lipscomb will roll into the BORO with ANOTHER gold ball.

Those are the facts!

mustanglogob3.jpg

The Tennessee Titans Honored the David Lipscomb High School Defensive Unit this past Monday Night on the Jeff Fisher Show as their Player of the Game. You can read the story and see the pictures at The Mustangfanpage.

Is Covington out of school this week? We have been trying to send emails and calls but no answers. Still looking for Roster, Stats and information on the Chargers.

mustanglogob3.jpg

The Tennessee Titans Honored the David Lipscomb High School Defensive Unit this past Monday Night on the Jeff Fisher Show as their Player of the Game. You can read the story and see the pictures at The Mustangfanpage.

Is Covington out of school this week? We have been trying to send emails and calls but no answers. Still looking for Roster, Stats and information on the Chargers.

These are the facts.

1.) I just found out that David Lipscomb High School has a really good web page, but a dorky mascot.

2.) David Lipscomb High School is trying to call Covington.

3.) Covington has caller ID.

Edited by Dr. Justice