Notre Dame @ Livingston Academy

Agree. The point about playing Catholic and LA twice is that the players have already tested themselves against them and so no mystery. It helps confidence alot especially since both first games were close.

That still don't change the fact you still have to go out and take care of a little business. You still have to get the job done.

Yes the first time we played Catholic they had us down 24 to 7 starting the 4th. We capitalized on a couple of miscues by Catholic and had a chance to send it into OT or win. However we lost 24 to 21.

That game right there got our team in believing that they could play with any team in the region. If you didn't know LA has always played in region 4. But opted to go your way but were put in region 2 instead or something like that. Any way we had to grow up real fast because this is without a doubt the toughest region in the state 3a.

Fulton and Austin East as you know have played in the last 5 or 6 state championships. Addition of Catholic. Anderson Co real good hardnosed team. Kingston and Scott made strides at the end of the year.

As for the unknown. It's like the dark and I'm afraid of the dark.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since, I believe you are the only undefeated team in 3A now, then yes, it is obvious that your success will be number 1. Still doesn't change the fact that you all have not played anyone until you got to the playoffs. Then you beat some decent ball teams.

No, none of those stats mean anything. They are put on here for debate for fun. Like we are having now. As said in an aforementioned post, all that matters, is the game Friday night, and the only numbers or stats that will mean anything will be the ones on the scoreboard like you said.

You lost me on the Austin East and Catholic twice as well. Two teams that ND wouldn't want to play once, I promise.

Macon County, you know a little about both of these teams. What does someone from their think the outcome will be?

How many people will ND bring to the game?

I disagree that ND would not want to play AE and Catholic once because in the case of Catholic ND use to play them every year. My comment about playing a team twice in one year. Catholic crushed ND at ND last year in the regular season but ND then knocked off Catholic in the playoffs. In the first matchup ND was nervous but the second time ND players knew their opponent and won. That is all I'm saying.

U people from Notre Dame are gonna be in for a big suprise, because u may have a good defense and u may think oh Cates is just another back well u will be wrong. I promise u Mr. Cates is unlike any player u have faced, he can do it all. And I think u are underestimating LA, well u better not because Cates is not the only player u are gonna have to worry about. And I am gonna say it right now, we do have the best backfield in 3a this year. All of our backs could go over 1000 yards or more easily if we ran them exclusively, but they are all good enough that we don't have 2. So keep trash talkin and sayin things to make u feel better, the truth of the matter is u haven't played a team like us and I don't think u can handle the cats. Say whatever u want about our record, or how good your defense is, or any other BS excuse u want to make we will see when u come 2 LA friday. I am just gonna feel sorry for ND cuz it is gonna be a long ride back to Chatt town. Good luck to u guys.

U people from Notre Dame are gonna be in for a big suprise, because u may have a good defense and u may think oh Cates is just another back well u will be wrong. I promise u Mr. Cates is unlike any player u have faced, he can do it all. And I think u are underestimating LA, well u better not because Cates is not the only player u are gonna have to worry about. And I am gonna say it right now, we do have the best backfield in 3a this year. All of our backs could go over 1000 yards or more easily if we ran them exclusively, but they are all good enough that we don't have 2. So keep trash talkin and sayin things to make u feel better, the truth of the matter is u haven't played a team like us and I don't think u can handle the cats. Say whatever u want about our record, or how good your defense is, or any other BS excuse u want to make we will see when u come 2 LA friday. I am just gonna feel sorry for ND cuz it is gonna be a long ride back to Chatt town. Good luck to u guys.

tell us to stop trash talking? it's still early in the week... i haven't even begun to trash talk...

Oh yea... just so you know if football games were won and lost on bs and false bravado, i'm sure you'd win, but since they're played on the grid iron, how about we leave it that way, ok with you chief?

U people from Notre Dame are gonna be in for a big suprise, because u may have a good defense and u may think oh Cates is just another back well u will be wrong. I promise u Mr. Cates is unlike any player u have faced, he can do it all. And I think u are underestimating LA, well u better not because Cates is not the only player u are gonna have to worry about. And I am gonna say it right now, we do have the best backfield in 3a this year. All of our backs could go over 1000 yards or more easily if we ran them exclusively, but they are all good enough that we don't have 2. So keep trash talkin and sayin things to make u feel better, the truth of the matter is u haven't played a team like us and I don't think u can handle the cats.

Did you cut and paste this from the ND vs Macon Co. board and replace Dallas with Cates, and MC with LA. Or maybe from the ND vs Pearl Cohn board, or maybe from the ND vs. WH board. Charlie Murphy is still amazed, that the "best backfield in 3A" could only manage a 5-5 regular season. That is amazing. Let Charlie add something to this strength of schedule debate, now stick with me it may get over a 7th grade level, so the LA fans may want to get together and help each other read it.

Strength of schedule is based on opponents record. So if ND was on your schedule it would increase your S of S. But according to you, the only reason ND is 13-0 is because they haven't played anyone. So maybe your S of S is high because the teams you played had strong records because they didn't play anyone. I believe that 5 of ND's reg. season wins came against playoff teams, and with a 9 team region, there is not much choice on who a team plays. Trust Charlie, this is not the region 3 of the past, when 1 win would get you in.

Disclaimer: Charlie Murphy is not a ND fan. Just a fan of the TRUTH.

I agree. That stat has to be true b/c the Cats have went toe to toe with the best from knoxville and came out alive. But that still don't change the fact that it's one game and anybody can win.

Having a chance at home ( finally ) to play for a spot in the finals will be a big advantage for LA. After 3 brutal weeks on the road the Cats deserve and have earned the right to be in this game.

Having looked at the numbers - scheds, records, etc. - I'd say LA should be the favorite. They are at home and have played some quality teams and come out ahead to get to this point. Our Irish will have to play very well.

It does seem to me that the LA folks are far more focused on ND's 13-0 record than ND is. The players only know to win the game in front of them and shouldn't have to apoligize for being unbeaten, but it is somethng they've earned and not been given.

The key for ND will be having everyone healthy. They were definitely not at 100 percent last Friday, but that's the way it goes.

Let's clear something up. There appears to only be about 2 or 3 Irish fans posting on here. No one from ND is underestimating LA. Many of the posters doing the trash talking are fans of other schools and my guess is they've seen both teams and are basing their opinions on that.

The posters on here directly connected to ND are expecting a hard-fought game. We know about AE and Catholic and reason that LA must be playing good football right now or they wouldn't be in this game.

One question, being new to 3A, what is the logic for having the semi finals predetermined for home field. Why is an 8-5 hosting an undefeated team, for example?

. One question, being new to 3A, what is the logic for having the semi finals predetermined for home field. Why is an 8-5 hosting an undefeated team, for example?

It's rotated each year. If your team is fortunate enough to get to the semi's next year you will host regardless of your record.

Edited by Rocking Chair

Way to go boys!!!! I am soooo proud of you! I told you I'd cry....I know...Hummel's such a girl! :lol: I can't wait for y'all to get another round on your own field...and to not have to ride a bus so far!! :lol: but i'd do it again in a heartbeat for ya! I love ya and am proud of t he character and heart you have shown. Keep the faith. Pray up, Practice up, and Play up!!! We'll be there cheering our hearts out for you!!!

:rolleyes:

Having looked at the numbers - scheds, records, etc. - I'd say LA should be the favorite. They are at home and have played some quality teams and come out ahead to get to this point. Our Irish will have to play very well.

It does seem to me that the LA folks are far more focused on ND's 13-0 record than ND is.

Well I don't recall ever saying anything about ND being 13 and 0 . B/c it doesn't matter no way. This is one game like I said and either one of these teams can win. All LA is to ND is another obstacle in the way for a chance to have a dream season. All ND is to LA is for another chance to show everybody that they are not a fluke. Might be a little cinderella story but definitely not a fluke.

And to Charlie Murphy.... you been a bad man... please don't chop me up like you have the others.!!!

Yes both teams will have to play well to win. Turnovers .... well turnovers...the team that can capitalize on the other teams miscues will more than likey win. Bet you never heard that one before. lol

Edited by Rocking Chair