LA Basketball

Rocking Chair

LA played Siegel in the hall of fame game last night at Pickett Co. Although the Cats lost to a very good Siegel team 92 to 70, I was really impressed with Coach Melton and the Cats. It was a run and gun game and was really exciting game for a fan to watch. I'm looking forward to watching this aggressive style of play.

I was also impressed with the young talent that LA has. The future sure looks bright for Wildcat fans.

And when the football players get back ( in about 2 wks ) this team will get ready to play in what looks like to be an exciting and successful season.

Playing teams like Lebanon, Siegel etc. and holding your on will only make us a better team. I know one thing it shows who can play ball against this type of talent. And our boys held there own pretty much the whole game.

Good luck to coach Melton and the Cats. Keep working hard and get better every game. The team that is in the best shape and a team that is best prepared comes out on top most of the time.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LA will be alot better than anyone expected this year. Mainly because Coach Melton will not accept defeat. They will be playing ball like no one has seen from LA in a long time. They are going to be really, really good in the next several years, as they have talent for a lot of years to come. Anyways, good luck to the Cats and to Coach Melton this season.

Hey Rocking Chair do you know if friday's game with us (Clay County) will be moved to saturday due to the football game?? Sounds as if it will be a very exciting game i can't wait! :huh:

Haven't heard anything. But I'd say that it will be postponed since the football team is 1 game away from the final game. There should be a large crowd and it should be a head banger of a game.

Looking forward to see you all play. I hear Clay is expecting to make a good run to the state. I saw our guys play last night and was really impressed with the way we played. Can't wait to see it myself. Good luck to you all this year. I'm sure we will run across each other at the game or on here. :o

Edited by Rocking Chair

Should be a great game, but without Cates, does LA have a chance against Celina?

I think LA has a great chance to win with or without Cates. From what I seen at last night's game Cates will have plenty of help this year. But his leadership will be missed the most. When he does return ( hopefully in 2 wks ) he can make an easy transition into the line up unlike the last few years when it was out of the frying pan into the skillet.

LA played Siegel in the hall of fame game last night at Pickett Co. Although the Cats lost to a very good Siegel team 92 to 70, I was really impressed with Coach Melton and the Cats. It was a run and gun game and was really exciting game for a fan to watch. I'm looking forward to watching this aggressive style of play.

Theres your problem right there....to beat a team like Siegel you have to out execute them and keep it low scoring...run and gun and your done vs. teams with more talent. Esp a team with more talent that likes to run like Siegel.

Harris may have a point. However, 92-70 isn't really indicative of the way this game went. Siegel led by 2 at the end of the first quarter and outscored LA by 13 in the second. LA outscored Siegel by 2 in the third quarter and siegel outscored LA 6 or 8 in the fourth.

Siegel led by 12 at the end of the third quarter, and LA was still within 11 or 12 with four minutes left.

Siegel is VERY good, but LA has a lot to look forward to considering they played with lots of freshmen and sophomores.

I look for Siegel to make another run for the AAA Championship and Livingston Academy has a really bright future as well.

I love LA's NO FEAR attitudes on the floor. They play some hard-nosed ball.

Harris may have a point. However, 92-70 isn't really indicative of the way this game went. Siegel led by 2 at the end of the first quarter and outscored LA by 13 in the second. LA outscored Siegel by 2 in the third quarter and siegel outscored LA 6 or 8 in the fourth.

Siegel led by 12 at the end of the third quarter, and LA was still within 11 or 12 with four minutes left.

Siegel is VERY good, but LA has a lot to look forward to considering they played with lots of freshmen and sophomores.

I look for Siegel to make another run for the AAA Championship and Livingston Academy has a really bright future as well.

I love LA's NO FEAR attitudes on the floor. They play some hard-nosed ball.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Siegal's star player out with an injury? Keith Ramsey? Either way sounds as if it was a good game till the end. ;)

Theres your problem right there....to beat a team like Siegel you have to out execute them and keep it low scoring...run and gun and your done vs. teams with more talent. Esp a team with more talent that likes to run like Siegel.

By no means does the score indicate how good of a game it was.

I'm sure our coach knew that it would be hard to beat a team as talented as Siegel. But the experience was more valuable than a win or loss this early in the season. We are a couple of players away from beating teams as good as Siegel.

But your right, you can't run and gun if you don't have the guns.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Siegal's star player out with an injury? Keith Ramsey? Either way sounds as if it was a good game till the end. :blink:

I think you are right. Not comparing any players from opposing teams, but I wonder if the player that Siegel was missing was any more important to Siegel than LA's missing players are important to LA. Just a thought.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Siegal's star player out with an injury? Keith Ramsey? Either way sounds as if it was a good game till the end. :blink:

Your right...He won't be back until the beg of January.

While I'm sure LA's players that were missing hurt...Its hard to compare to a High D-1 prospect who is looking at offers from SEC,ACC, and other major conference schools.