Region 2 5A Football 2006

SergeantOwl22

Go ahead and take Jeff Co out of the mix. While they were consistently a top ten team, now since the new coach has gotten there and all of this drama with the whimpy players and their stupid parents filing a $200,000 lawsuit, Jeff Co appears to be in big trouble and it may take them awhile to get things back on track

Don't count them out just yet. I attended the parents/coaches meeting last night at Jeff and I can tell you there is alot of support for the coach and coaching staff. Coach U laid out that if we are going to turn this program around it will take everyone's effort. Players, coaches, and parents. If these three all come together this year, and I believe that is already happening, you'll see a different Patriots football team. They'll be hungry for wins and have something to prove as well.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats Ooltewah's backfeild going to look like, replacing Caldwell, Gaston, and Woods will be a really difficult task..

the backfield wont lose a step...the younger woods will step in at tailback, sean sanders at fullback, who might even be a better "football player" than gaston, just not as big, and then bryan marshall at tailback, who is even faster than caldwell....the backfield will be fine

Don't count them out just yet. I attended the parents/coaches meeting last night at Jeff and I can tell you there is alot of support for the coach and coaching staff. Coach U laid out that if we are going to turn this program around it will take everyone's effort. Players, coaches, and parents. If these three all come together this year, and I believe that is already happening, you'll see a different Patriots football team. They'll be hungry for wins and have something to prove as well.

I hope everything works out in Jeff County. Jeff County is a football school and has been a big part of Region 1. Jeff County should have the same caliber of teams that DB keeps putting out if everything can be straightened out. Hopefully Jeff County will return to their usual state power status.

Bryan Marshall of Ooltewah and the Tailback from Farragutu will be the horses of the region next year....One thing I don't get is why Marshall never played against Farragut...He is onle talented kid....He is a lot like Travis Stephens in that his is small for the position but plays big,,,,Jeremy Woods will be the QB he is the younger brother of Zack and in all do respect can actually see over the line after a 3 step drop...Arsenio Landsden will be the X factor on the team..He is a taleneyed athlete as well and will be a major deep threat to opposing defenses....Shaun Sanders might just show us all who the better fullback of the 2 Sanders brothers is next season...Sorry Zach!!! The O-line will be solid and beefy and the secondary will be the only question mark the Owls really have to think about this coming season and the kicking game.....Should be a wonderful season though....My predictions...

Oak Ridge

Farragut/Ooltewah

Mcminn/WB/Soddy-Daisy....Oak Ridge is the favorite until proven otherwise...although Ooltewah beat them....thats why 2-5a is the best region in the state....

If you remember farraguts sophmores beat Ooletawah's in the championship game last year so look out for these two teams next year.

If you think they are good I doubt anyone in our region has more talent coming to 9th next year than Ooltewah both Hunter & Ooltewah middle schools played for the Championship in Chattanooga this season and the word on the street is that both schools crop of atletes will attend Ooltewah versus going to Central and with a new addition of a field house it just makes it that more appealing to be an Owl.

• 2 weeks later...

first of all trace mcdermott is only going 2 get bigger faster and stonger . he is a beast. he easliy benchpressed over 315lbs right after the season ended. mcminns line will finally have some continuity with 4 starters returning, the defense returns 10 of 11 starters, and this team will have at least 25-30 seniors. i think mcminn will go at least 7-3 and finish third in the region behind oak ridge and faragut. better watch out 4 #'s 49,2,54,and 80. GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!

first of all trace mcdermott is only going 2 get bigger faster and stonger . he is a beast. he easliy benchpressed over 315lbs right after the season ended. mcminns line will finally have some continuity with 4 starters returning, the defense returns 10 of 11 starters, and this team will have at least 25-30 seniors. i think mcminn will go at least 7-3 and finish third in the region behind oak ridge and faragut. better watch out 4 #'s 49,2,54,and 80. GO TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it will be between Ooltewah and Farragut to win Region 2, Oak Ridge 3rd, and McMinn 4th

• 3 months later...