Best Point Guard!

hfajunior

Actually, if you are rating by who is the best at what a point guard is supposed to do then Jamison at Hume Fogg is better than Robinson at MLK. He can't score like Gerald, but that is not (or should not be) the point guard's main role.

Oh yeah, Willie Kemp is in a whole other world as a point guard compared to anyone in the Nashville area.

Edited by bigchief

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really willie kemp is more of a 2guard than a point because i think he would rather shoot than pass not saying that he cant pass but he would rather shoot. :thumb:

Are you kidding? Even Jerry Meyer of Unapproved Website calls him a pass first PG. Look it up. Heres the link....

http://rivalshoops.Unapproved Website/viewprospect...y=27875&Sport=2

Tennessee Highs DeShaud Johnson out of Bristol. He went head to head with Willie Kemp over the weekend in a tournament in the Bahamas and held his own. Johnson crossed over a defender at the top of the key (in isolation) and hit a floater down the lane to put Tennessee High up by one in overtime with 10 seconds left. Kemp caught the following inbound pass, dribbled a little past half court and pulled up (while being triple teamed) and drained a three at the buzzer to win the Championship for Bolivar!!

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!! :thumb:

really willie kemp is more of a 2guard than a point because i think he would rather shoot than pass not saying that he cant pass but he would rather shoot. :)

WRONG! my god your wrong! and you've never seen him play obviously. Willie is completely a pass first pg. he said himself a thousand times he rather get his teammates involved than pile up points like some of our past TN players. all the scouts were thrilled about a game he had at an AAU tourney when he lead his team to victory without scoring a single point, and guess what, he went on to win MVP of that tournament. i havent seen the stat line from the games in the Bahamas yet but prior to that he was averaging 9.5 assists...how many other guys playin real competition are doin that? not many. let me give you something to chew on for a while....prior to the bahamas...22 points, 9.5 assists, 7.5 boards....can you say McDonalds? not saying he will be but he honestly has a strong chance to fill one of the 4 pg spots at that game since he is without a doubt one of the best 6 in the country.

Edited by btowntigers

I saw his team up close and personal :D

He didnt impress me that much...I think they got to the state because of a team effort, which is wasnt was brought to the state...

"A team effort" boy that's original. :o

If you are in anyway affiliated with the team ... ask Bolivar’s coach was he impressed. And one more note: Bolivar’s coach never let Willie guard Johnson. Not even in the closing seconds of the game, even though Johnson was no doubt the go to guy for THS. Now why is that???!

Look I’m really not trying to take anything away from Kemp because he is a baller. He’s just not that much if any better than a lot of these other guards that have been mentioned. Lets face it … he’s in Wayne’s world (6’9” 240 lb Wayne Chism) and that gets him A LOT of press that these other guys don’t get.

"A team effort" boy that's original. :thumb:

If you are in anyway affiliated with the team ... ask Bolivar’s coach was he impressed. And one more note: Bolivar’s coach never let Willie guard Johnson. Not even in the closing seconds of the game, even though Johnson was no doubt the go to guy for THS. Now why is that???!

Look I’m really not trying to take anything away from Kemp because he is a baller. He’s just not that much if any better than a lot of these other guards that have been mentioned. Lets face it … he’s in Wayne’s world (6’9” 240 lb Wayne Chism) and that gets him A LOT of press that these other guys don’t get.

This what is fact "if you people think Willie Kemp is not a true pg you need to look a alot of stats as well as facts and 2 true fact is 1 MR. Basketball finalist and led team to back to back titles as well as BEST PG IN THE STATE

Thats pretty funny because at the Real Deal on the Hill last year...a very prestigous AAU tournament against the top players in the Nation. Kemp wowed the crowd not with his scoring but with his true PG skills. Willie Kemp was the talk of the tournament and that is pretty impressive considering Greg Oden Greg Conley, Javaris Crittenton, andThaddeus Young and others were at the tourney. Oh Yeah....did I mention that Kemp didn't score one single point in the semi-finals against one of the top teams in America yet his play was the reason they won that game.

"Kemp may have been held scoreless and just judging by that alone, it would be easy to assume he had a bad day at the office. Not so much. The guy wills his team to win. There aren't a lot of guys you can mention that go scoreless in a big game but makes it happen enough to win.

When the clock is under two minutes, he's the guy you want to have the ball in his hands. He makes things happen and makes sure guys like Young get the right touches at the right times. Kemp has had himself one heck of a tournament. "

Thats what one recruiting analysis said of his tournament there....it also shows as Kemp ranking soared after the tourney as a PG...not a SG

Kemp is the best PG in the state.

By the way, I was at the Real Deal on the Hill. All that was said is true. I remember watching him against the Midstate Ballerz and he was quiet for most of the game, as the Pump N Run were down by 5 until about 2 minutes left. Willie time, once again. Sends the game into overtime with a layup while being double teamed and takes over in OT. It is a joy to watch Willie play and he seems like a very humble person also. I wish him the best of luck in the future.