Best Freshmen in East Tennessee

philip2003

I still say Kayla Christopher. She is awsome. I seen her play against Coalfield who was ranked very high at the time. She only scored 8 or something like that but she made some wicked cool passes. She is in the running for Region MVP. This is pretty weird because this Region Possess 2 State Teams from last year. Both teams only losing 1 starter a piece. She controls that flow of the game and is gonna go somewhere very good.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloudland's freshman have been seeing quiet a bit of playing time latley! Stepping up big to help! Keep up the good work! GOOD LUCK in the confrerence!

Brooke Johnson #15 is a great ball handler, good shooter and can do it all!

Sydnie Buchanan #21 can do anything fro anywhere you put her! Great hustler!

Jordan Miller #23 GREAT shot! Can shoot the eyes out of it!

Shellie McKinney #32 dominant post player! Great inside!

GO LADY LANDERS! #1

Sequatchie has a good group of freshmen, 7 of 13 on the team. Group was 20-1 as eighth-graders, 18-2 making up all but 3 spots of the middle school team as 7th graders. One starter from the 8th grade team last year is focusing on softball or they could be an even better group, I'm hoping she reconsiders for next season. One leads the team in scoring, another is third. Another leads in steals and rebounds. Five of seven get plenty of playing time, 3 are regularly starting. They make some ninth-grade mistakes but the good has outweighed the bad so far. Team is getting good play from its older players too, three juniors doing a good job offensively, defensively or both. No seniors on the team.

One had 22 points tonight, career high so far, on 9-10 shooting from the floor. Another had 18 points tonight, had 21 earlier this season. A third freshman had nine rebounds tonight.

Its gotta be Dixson.

Not many freshmen get to play in the IMAC, but when one does and she leads the conference in scoring and rebounding....

Morristown East may have a few freshmen playing and Cocke County does as well.

Seeing Cocke County they have a decent point guard freshman in Alex Suggs who has done very well at the AAA level. Courtney Lewis and Kelsey Lloyd are also doing decent in a very tough girls conference.

One had 22 points tonight, career high so far, on 9-10 shooting from the floor. Another had 18 points tonight, had 21 earlier this season. A third freshman had nine rebounds tonight.

9th and 10th grade team won 75-25 over another area 9th and 10th grade team. Three freshmen players I mentioned in the other post all start varsity and played probably five game minutes total out of the 32 tonight. Two other freshmen had 19 and 18 points in the game tonight, a pair of quick guards. It's a good 9th and 10th group, lost by just 5 to Walker Valley with the varsity's leading scorer, a freshman, not playing during Christmas break (out of town).

Edited by Indian

I didn't take time to readd all the post so I don't know if this girl has been mentioned or not but Kate Lowe from SHS is awesome.

She doesn't even play like a freshman. She has been a big asset to SHS as point guard. She can play against anybody and never seems to tire, she has finished in double figures a few times. She can steal the ball , and her defense is very intense.

As the season goes on she is making less turnovers and she is getting smarter in her decisions as point guard.