Ravenwood vs. Oak Ridge

WarriorFan

Attention Wildcat players:

One more game to go. I'm sure everyone realizes the Riverdale game was not the championship game. Stay focused, stay hungry. Just a few more days. You guys are peaking at the right time and I, and the rest of your supporters, are completely behind you. BUT, if you have not seen the interview "the voice" did with TC Jennings, you need to see it. That guy is cool, calm, and collected. He seems to have the maturity of a 30 year old. I'm sure he has the physical skills or he wouldn't have been sitting with Spencer and Gaston at Opryland. Speaking skills don't make a football player, but I'm telling you, this guy has "it". Don't let this guy sneak up on you. Spencer, Jake, seniors - make sure everyone understands you have one more WAR!!! Play your game and you win, let down or lose focus and someone's going to break your heart.

The town seems a little too high right now. Players - take care of business!!!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge's coach and David Clary do a show on the high school TV channel,each wed night. They only do prepradio and I don't think they can for this game.

In Knoxville a local station WBXX is telecasting all 5 of the games. All I know is I will program the vcr and the wife's tivo before leaving friday morning. Best christmas present I ever gave her.

As for the special haircuts, about 2/3 of the team got mohawk haircuts for the Riverdale game.

Oak Ridge's coach and David Clary do a show on the high school TV channel,each wed night. They only do prepradio and I don't think they can for this game.

In Knoxville a local station WBXX is telecasting all 5 of the games. All I know is I will program the vcr and the wife's tivo before leaving friday morning. Best christmas present I ever gave her.

As for the special haircuts, about 2/3 of the team got mohawk haircuts for the Riverdale game.

Will the OR Athletic Booster be joining on fun and spirt of the mohawk haircuts? It's not right to let the players do it alone.

Will the OR Athletic Booster be joining on fun and spirt of the mohawk haircuts? It's not right to let the players do it alone.

Severall recieved special cuts tonight on TV. A few dollars were raised for charity to get new victims (uh.. participants). You'll see several "special" looking reporters at the game.

Twit,

I don't know where you got the idea that I was a Warrior fan or a fan of Middle Tennesee football but be assured as an ex Oak Ridge High School Football Boosters Club President I have been and will always be in awe of the Wildcats. They are one of the few, true Dynasties in Tennessee High School Football. I am leading the bandwagon and proud of it.

Ole Dad

I'm an OR fan as well....unless they're playing the Raptors...gotta support number 4 son...!

How would you define a dynasty....the cats have been to state 3 times in 26 years?

Attention Wildcat players:

One more game to go. I'm sure everyone realizes the Riverdale game was not the championship game. Stay focused, stay hungry. Just a few more days. You guys are peaking at the right time and I, and the rest of your supporters, are completely behind you. BUT, if you have not seen the interview "the voice" did with TC Jennings, you need to see it. That guy is cool, calm, and collected. He seems to have the maturity of a 30 year old. I'm sure he has the physical skills or he wouldn't have been sitting with Spencer and Gaston at Opryland. Speaking skills don't make a football player, but I'm telling you, this guy has "it". Don't let this guy sneak up on you. Spencer, Jake, seniors - make sure everyone understands you have one more WAR!!! Play your game and you win, let down or lose focus and someone's going to break your heart.

The town seems a little too high right now. Players - take care of business!!!

T.C. Jennings reminds me of a young Jake "the snake" Plummer. Remember the way Plummer in college at ASU used to make reckless abandonment look like it was easy and "cool" in a crazy way .That is T.C Jennings!! If T.C. is not the most versitle athelete on the field Saturday Night I will be shocked. He could probably play anywhere on the football field and be successful. The only time T.C gets in trouble is when T.C. tries to do too much like throwing in to tight coverage.But thats what young talented QB's do when they have a bazooka for a right arm and always been able to make big plays when there was nothing there.As far as a person this kid is more than a class act, he is a born leader !! And whatever D-1 college football team is smart enough to sign him will forget in a hurry about those big 6'4 240lb. QB's that run like offensive tackles.Vanderbilt better get the pen out early before David Cutcliff wakes up and gets his head back in Tennessee!!Jennings also averages 45 yds. a punt with hang time galore.Hey Vols wake up!!I think he has already been offered by MTSU.

Our TV crew is going down to tape the game for our show and for the highlight tape. We have had conversations with the TSSAA about taping it for replay but have had no luck. I am going to try to obtain written permission from the network that is presenting the game live.

As for my new mohawk, all I can say is that when I went outside after the show, my head was freezing. Thank goodness my hair grows quickly. Actually it was a lot of fun and as mohawks go, Kasey did a real good job. It looks pretty goofy at my age but now that it has been 12 hours, I kind of like it. Coach Stevens wouldn't quit laughing though and I for the life of me can't figure out why? Just kidding I do have a mirror. Whatever it takes to win the game. See you in Murfreesboro. I will be the one wearing the hat.

Our TV crew is going down to tape the game for our show and for the highlight tape. We have had conversations with the TSSAA about taping it for replay but have had no luck. I am going to try to obtain written permission from the network that is presenting the game live.

As for my new mohawk, all I can say is that when I went outside after the show, my head was freezing. Thank goodness my hair grows quickly. Actually it was a lot of fun and as mohawks go, Kasey did a real good job. It looks pretty goofy at my age but now that it has been 12 hours, I kind of like it. Coach Stevens wouldn't quit laughing though and I for the life of me can't figure out why? Just kidding I do have a mirror. Whatever it takes to win the game. See you in Murfreesboro. I will be the one wearing the hat.

The mohawk looks great, its those ears that I'm having hard time with, (just kidding), the show was alot of fun. DCCATVOICE, what has the practices for OR been like this week, I've heard the team is going to stop in Cookville, and do a walk-thru, to see how the turf and new shoes are. If thats true, what adjustements could be made at such a late date, if any problems are incountered.

Could someone enlighten me on how an Oak Ridge television crew can broadcast this game on television and I was told by upn that are team at the ravenwood sports network can not. Someone please email me a email or link to David Clarys website!! Thanks Jay Nelson ( hogs1010@msn.com )

From our experience at BHS: You will be broadcasting from the roof-not inside like everyone else. Kind of like when we come to your stadium. You'll have plenty of room to set up and a great view. Just pray that the weather is nice. And because of broadcast rights, the local cable access program will NOT be shown until one week later, or until the broadcast rights expire for that telecast. The local Williamson County Cable Public Access channels, be it channel 3 or 9, does not have the over-air rights because they don't pay for it like commercial stations. Those broadcast rights were negotiated a long time ago-before WillCo knew any of its teams would be in the game.

Oh to the contrary my uninformed responder. The Cats have 8 state championships and 1 national championship. The trophies are in the case if you would like to view them. In fact they are the only school in Tennessee to win football chamionships in the decades of the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and are on a quest to win one in the current decade. You newbies like to start counting when the playoffs were introduced. If that is the extent of the legitimate championships then Notre Dame and Alabama need to give back their 25 tropies and stop claiming championships. That was the sysytem before the playoffs and it was as legitimate as it got at the time. Since then the Wildcats have been 4 times to the championship game and won 4 times. (75, 79, 80, 91) with State Chamionships also in 56, 58, 61, 62 and a National Championship in 58.

Ole Dad

And that's how you define a Dynasty. You may want to become more informed before posting in the future.

Ole Dad

I'm an OR fan as well....unless they're playing the Raptors...gotta support number 4 son...!

How would you define a dynasty....the cats have been to state 3 times in 26 years?