Ravenwood vs. Oak Ridge

WarriorFan

It's obvious you can't even count. 75, 79, 80, 91 is not 3. Name another school who has won state championships in 3 decades not 5 like the Cats and soon to be six. You have no clue. A football newbie! Is Alabama, Penn Sate, Notre Dame Dynasties? Learn some football and then post.

Ole Dad

Dynasty's are not playing in the state championship every 10 years. OR has not been in 14 years.......some of the players were in diapers last time OR played in a state championship game.

From what I see on the board, OR makes it's own rules on what is a dynasty. 3 state championship games in 26 years is not a dynasty by anyone's thought process except OR fans that post about it......

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To All:

In 1991, all my relatives in Middle TN said not to even show up for the championship game...Gallatin was just too, too tough.

The folks in Winchester had a different view: They knew both teams and said the championship game would be no prob for OR.

Sure, those who react right after a game sometimes say things they over react in saying. In that case, many years ago, they were correct.

This year, we don't have a common demonimator like Winchester. Still, in '91, OR did NOT go into the game at Vandy with big heads. They will not go to MTSU with big heads and I am sure Ravenwood will not go in with big heads. Both teams have ???? about the other and only the game will tell the answer.

I cannot say much about Ravenwood since I have not seen them play! And, even with that, I have not seen their opponents quality. This holds true pretty much both ways.

That is why I am going to the game. It is settled there! Fair enough?

I do hope for both teams the weather is good even if rain is predicted. I don't want a game to go to "luck" when two fine teams are fighting for the win. Sure, a fumble here or there...a stripped ball, an interception...that is football but I don't want the weather to put a bit of bad or good fortune in the game. Let the kids play it out fairly.

BTW...how is the turf at MTSU? Is this a decent surface?

May the best team win by skill and ability. Go Wildcats! Dart.

Edited by Dart

Breaking down the game after discussing the game with coaches who have seen both teams:

Simply put, if Ravenwood can stop the run, they can win.

What Ooltewah did in the second half is what Ravenwood will do all night.

If OR can limit Raptor POINTS on their possessions and create turnovers to stop RHS, AND create points off of Wildcat drives, OR will win.

Don't be misled in anyway that Ravenwood is a young school. OR will be facing a team that has been together at virtually every position for four years. That is never faced normally in high school ball. They can move the ball on anyone, and will offer an offensive scheme that the Wildcats don't see. Defensively, they are very sound-and are a veteran unit.

Conversely, this will be the deepest and toughest team Ravenwood will have faced. You don't beat Riverdale with smoke and mirrors, and you sure don't shut them out. The best running game they will ever have faced. They will fly to the ball and will have more athletes than RHS.

Two Mr. Football Candidates on the field.

Good luck to both squads.

I do not think that Ravenwood has close to the speed as Ooltewah had. One word about Oak Ridge and that is (HEART)

I do not think that Ravenwood has close to the speed as Ooltewah had. One word about Oak Ridge and that is (HEART)

Ravenwood did not have the speed that Franklin, Columbia, Ridgeway etc... had either & was very successful against those teams. Ravenwood plays very disciplined team defense & brings an attitude to the ball carrier. HEART is what has gotten Ravenwood to this point as well.

Well Im sure Oak Ridge has heart, but dont think that Ravenwood doesnt have it either , b/c thats what got them this far. Their best lineman, and captain on the team is only 5'11 190, now if that right there isnt heart i dont know what is....btw I know most of these post are of people that used to play for Oak Ridge back in the day, and there is much discussion over weither OR is a dynasty or not. Oak Ridge regardless has one of the most storied programs in the state, but just to let everyone know that in no way shape or form intimidates RHS. Tradtion is great, but it wont win OR the football game. RHS BY 10

Hey Bruins06,

I now know your hidden Identity!! How cool is that!! And I do have to say your family definately deserves credit for helping the Ravenwood Football program get off the ground!! The way I see it Williamson County is definately the new powerhouse County in 5-A football in the State. Please try and find J.T. and I on the Ravenwood side of the stadium Saturday night. It would be great to meet you!! Jay Nelson :thumb:

Jay you think you know, but you have no idea. I have a partner in crime just like you have J.T. So we will both see you at the game on saturday. Good luck.

Ravenwood did not have the speed that Franklin, Columbia, Ridgeway etc... had either & was very successful against those teams. Ravenwood plays very disciplined team defense & brings an attitude to the ball carrier. HEART is what has gotten Ravenwood to this point as well.

The multiple weapons and team speed of Ooltewah beat Oak Ridge for example being down 21 with 1 and 3/4 quarters to play against a team that shut out Riverdale is crazy. Ooltewah was a team of Two Quarters or like someone else stated the Dr. Jeckll and Mr. Hyde of Region 2 5A you never knew which team came to play but they did know that the Owls had the weapons to knock off anyone in the State. Roll Wildcats Roll!

Hey it is all cool that everyone on this post has different opinions. But I think there are alot of folks out there that don't understand How Fast Ravenwood's team speed is.Micheal Ayers is the state 5-A decathlon champ as a Soph.,Dylan Williams is a true 4.45 in the Forty.T.C Jennings is a 4.6, Adam Marshall 4.58,and Isiah Williams is there DE and he runs a 4.65. I saw every Ravenwood game this year and I don't think there was a team all year that had better "Team Speed" across the board than Ravenwood. Yes there were teams that maybe had a couple of real speedsters but not across the board faster!!Check them out saturday "twitty Canes" and see if you don't change your mind.