Prep X tra Basketball preview

redandblack63

Did you see the sorry prep x tra basketball preview in the sentinel yesterday. Another sorry job by Drew Edwards. The football preview is a 20 + page supplement and the Basketball is a page of inaccurate and incomplete information. They use the excuse that some schools didn't report. The Sentinel needs to get on the phone and call these coaches. On the other hand shame on the coaches for not reporting.

Anyway I encourage all Knoxville area Basketball fans to demand the same coverage that footbal gets. Send your responses to John Adams the Editor of the Sports.

Edited by bigcatt2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The News-Sentinel is too busy scrutinizing the latest breath by Phillip Fulmer.

I think they would do well to check out the amount of coverage that HS basketball gets in the Tennessean. However, reality is that they DO NOT CARE because they are the only paper in town!

My coach sent in (EXTREMELY EARLY I might add) his annual information they ask for. However, they sent out an 8-10 page questionnaire, all for a 45-50 word blurb on each team. He did not send it back, and was omitted.

I sure miss Mark Burgess!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I wrote the editor of the Sentinel who in turned forwarded my e mail to Drew Edwards. To make a long story short he was full of excuses and said the interest just wasn't there for extensive basketball coverage due to the football play offs. He also claims that there hasn't been a basketball preview in the past. He refered to the tournaments this past week as meaningless and they didn't merit any coverage.

In his defense the Sentinel doesn't provide him with a lot of help.

I would encourage all of the basketball fans to write letters to the editor.

Agree to much time is spend on Fulmer's follies.

I realize this is a football town but maybe with a little coverage the interest in basketball would increase.

Scripps is taking over the shopper. How bad do you think it might get? I have gotten the shopper for years on Monday. Guess what I didn't get yesterday?

I wrote the editor of the Sentinel who in turned forwarded my e mail to Drew Edwards. To make a long story short he was full of excuses and said the interest just wasn't there for extensive basketball coverage due to the football play offs. He also claims that there hasn't been a basketball preview in the past. He refered to the tournaments this past week as meaningless and they didn't merit any coverage.

In his defense the Sentinel doesn't provide him with a lot of help.

I would encourage all of the basketball fans to write letters to the editor.

Agree to much time is spend on Fulmer's follies.

I realize this is a football town but maybe with a little coverage the interest in basketball would increase.

Scripps is taking over the shopper. How bad do you think it might get? I have gotten the shopper for years on Monday. Guess what I didn't get yesterday?

Check November issues of the Sentinel from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 to see if they did Baksetbal Preview Inserts. Each team was given their own page with pictures, rosters, schedules and an outlook on the season.

Check November issues of the Sentinel from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 to see if they did Baksetbal Preview Inserts. Each team was given their own page with pictures, rosters, schedules and an outlook on the season.

Don't doubt that. I have listed Drew Edwards e-mail. I want to encourage all Basketball fans to contact him to so he will understand that B-ball is important in E Tn.

EdwardsD@knews.com

If Cosby takes the State you won't find out by reading the Sentinel.

IFFFFFFFF, ............the sentinel decides to write an article it will be for Farragut or to carry water for Blevins at Bearden!!!! :huh:

Guaranteed to be a writer at the first Bearden/Farragut game this basketball season.

Do they also understand that Halls/Central, Halls/Powell, Powell/Central, Fulton/Central are ALL big rivalry games??? OR are they just naturally clueless?

THIS JUST IN: Fulmer just took 60 more breaths in the last 60 seconds!!!!!! :thumb: