Mr. Football 2A lineman travesty

coachmoore13

Like I've posted before, I thought thugs were people who did drugs, murdered, involved themselves with gangs, stole, and committed other crimes. I'm not saying that Brandon made the best choice ever by spinning that ball, but I did not see where any thug-like behavior was being committed. Brandon is one of the nicest kids you'll ever meet, if you don't know him don't judge him.

And about keeping your son at Maryville; weren't they the ones printing off counterfeit money a few years back? I don't remember football players at our school committing crimes like that recently. I'm not saying your son should come to Alcoa, but FBE should think about what he says before he makes a remark about how people at Maryville are so much better than everyone.

Tom he didn't sling mud with that statemtent...no reason for you to.

Brandon is not a bad kid guys. He's just not. The ones that are saying he si and assuming things are the ones who know him least.

That is no excuse for his lapse in judgement....

You might think it's different due to the questions of character mentioned here...but are you gonna tell me Gaston Miller deserved the 5A award more than Spencer Gulmire? You can't prove that to me.

It's a fashion award, so don't get worked up...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballots for Mr. Football nominees are distributed before the playoffs, so Warren's antics were not a factor. Most football people around the state regard the awards as more popularity contests and battles among the media in the different parts of the state than measures of football ability. If the playoffs could have been considered, Cates of Livingston Academy should have been a shoo-in among a good group of 3-A backs.

Ageed to the fullest

I thought FBEmeritus was the most classless person on here, but wait...Fan 2 Fan is catching up quick. Does it make you guys feel more like a "man" to come on here and bad mouth a "kid" that you know nothing about? You guys come on here and type a bunch of b.s. behind a keyboard and are not "man" enough to even sign your real name to it. These boards are for discussing football, not talking bad about kids. If you two and others like you can not turn on the computer and have a keyboard conversation with others across the internet as adults would, maybe you should spend less time on the computer and more time with your families! How would you like people judging your children without even knowing them. If that doesnt work for you, you might want to spend less time on the computer and more time in church! FBEmeritus, Fan 2 Fan, and others like them...the next time you guys are feeling "less of a man" and feel the need to talk about and call kids names...talk about jesus instead! I promise that when you look in the mirror, you will get more satisfaction by going to church and talking about jesus, than going to the computer and talking about "kids". Oh. wait...did I mention, "KIDS"!

Thank you! Perhaps you should reread your post:

"You certainly are doing this young man any favors but trying to justify his actions. "

Hmmmm...

If you'll go back and reread my post, you'll see that I'm not justifying his actions. What I and many others are trying to get you people who don't know him to see is what kind of person he really is. He's a kid who made a couple of big mistakes on the field during a game; he hasn't made any life threatening mistakes. Let's move on...he has, the team has, and the coaches have. The Tornadoes are getting ready for the big game on Friday!!!!

Here is what you posted - "Yes, the people who are bad-mouthing Brandon know nothing about him. If they did, they would know he is one of the kindest kids around. He deserves the award more than anybody else; he has the stats and grades to prove it. He isn't a discipline problem at school or in real life; he's passionate about the sports he plays. Yes, he made a couple of bad decisions, but what kind of decisions were you making when you were 17/18 out of passion???? This KID has worked hard for what he's gotten; it didn't just get handed to him.

I can't wait to see how Brandon does next year at FSU!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, BRANDON!!!"

What I have a problem with is the "CONGRATULATIONS, BRANDON!!!" part from you, steelersfan, et al.

Here is what you posted - "Yes, the people who are bad-mouthing Brandon know nothing about him. If they did, they would know he is one of the kindest kids around. He deserves the award more than anybody else; he has the stats and grades to prove it. He isn't a discipline problem at school or in real life; he's passionate about the sports he plays. Yes, he made a couple of bad decisions, but what kind of decisions were you making when you were 17/18 out of passion???? This KID has worked hard for what he's gotten; it didn't just get handed to him.

I can't wait to see how Brandon does next year at FSU!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, BRANDON!!!"

What I have a problem with is the "CONGRATULATIONS, BRANDON!!!" part from you, steelersfan, et al.

If you have a problem with what I post, then don't read my posts. I am very proud of Brandon Warren and ALL of the Alcoa Tornadoes, and you or anyone else are not going to make me feel bad because you "have a problem with it"

Geez...I wonder how many of you people have actually met Brandon, my guess would be O. Well, I have. So, me and anyone else that knows him have the right to say the kind things about him that he deserves. Like I've said before, jealousy brings out the worst in people, especially on this board!

Go Alcoa!!!!!!

If you have a problem with what I post, then don't read my posts. I am very proud of Brandon Warren and ALL of the Alcoa Tornadoes, and you or anyone else are not going to make me feel bad because you "have a problem with it"

Geez...I wonder how many of you people have actually met Brandon, my guess would be O. Well, I have. So, me and anyone else that knows him have the right to say the kind things about him that he deserves. Like I've said before, jealousy brings out the worst in people, especially on this board!

Go Alcoa!!!!!!

I read your post - "Hmm..seems not so long ago Maryville's football team turned out a bunch of counterfiters. You remember, the ones (I won't say their names, I'm sure you know who they were) that printed fake money and passed it around all over town. At least Brandon Warrens "crimes" are not a federal offense, so quit making a federal case out of it. He's a great kid who made a couple of mistakes on the football field. He's the one that is paying the price for it.

CONGRATULATIONS BRANDON...YOU DESERVE IT AND MUCH MORE!"

Here is what I posted - "What I have a problem with is the "CONGRATULATIONS, BRANDON!!!" part from you, steelersfan, et al."

My issue is not with this young man or what he did but with people like you and aliastn trying to justify his actions. "Well, it is OK because he did not kill anybody". "It's OK because he's emotional." "It's OK because he has worked hard and he is going to Florida State." Of course being from Alcoa, you both had to take an obligatory shot at Maryville.

I wish the young man well. I am sure he is a fine young man and deserving of the Mr. Football award. I hope he learns from this experience. Good enough?

I read your post - "Hmm..seems not so long ago Maryville's football team turned out a bunch of counterfiters. You remember, the ones (I won't say their names, I'm sure you know who they were) that printed fake money and passed it around all over town. At least Brandon Warrens "crimes" are not a federal offense, so quit making a federal case out of it. He's a great kid who made a couple of mistakes on the football field. He's the one that is paying the price for it.

Here is what I posted - "What I have a problem with is the "CONGRATULATIONS, BRANDON!!!" part from you, steelersfan, et al."

My issue is not with this young man or what he did but with people like you and aliastn trying to justify his actions. "Well, it is OK because he did not kill anybody". "It's OK because he's emotional." "It's OK because he has worked hard and he is going to Florida State." Of course being from Alcoa, you both had to take an obligatory shot at Maryville.

I wish the young man well. I am sure he is a fine young man and deserving of the Mr. Football award. I hope he learns from this experience. Good enough?

I am NOT from Alcoa. I was born in, raised in, and currently live in the Maryville City Limits AND my 2 kids go to Maryville City Schools, AND I graduated from Maryville High School as well as my father and sisters. BTW, My father was a coach at Maryville a long time ago. So don't even pretend you know anything about me. I was just pointing out that Maryville's Football program is NOT perfect as some that feel the need to post on this 2A board would like the world to believe. I support Maryville's football team AND Alcoa's. You see, I have the ability to be unbaised. If I or anyone else on this board want to defend Brandon Warren for what ever reason, mainly because most of us KNOW him then get OVER it!!!! If you don't like the posts from people who support Brandon then don't read the posts. It's that simple, really it is.

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN BRANDON....AND GO ALCOA!!!!!

Edited by steelersfan

WHOA, NOW! Don't go puttin' words in my mouth! I never said "it is ok because he didn't kill anybody"!! Careful with those quotes! What I said was, "He's a kid who made a couple of big mistakes on the field during a game; he hasn't made any life threatening mistakes. Let's move on...he has, the team has, and the coaches have. The Tornadoes are getting ready for the big game on Friday!!!!"

Remember this is a GAME before you have a stroke! And, I'd like for you to point out where I took a shot at Murvul. :lol:

Thanks for the decent words about Brandon...he is a fine young man and is deserving of the award. And, I'm sure he's already learned from this experience.

Go Tornadoes and Rebs!!!! Bring the gold back back to Blount Co. where it belongs! :D

Edited by aliastn

brandon, if you're reading this, dont listen to none of this crap. more than half of it is from dads that didnt do crap in high school so they get on here. congradulations on your accomplishment. you have a lot to be proud of believe me. coming from someone you played against, i cant wait to tell people, "hey i played against that guy in high school," while the whole time you're dominating the SEC. good luck in everything you do man

I am curious to know how many of these people on here that judge warren actually saw him play any this season, or just go by what they read. In both games he was thrown out he was not necessarily guilty as charged. In the Kentucky game they said he threw a punch at the guy chocking him on the ground, he was tossed and the other guy was not. The Loudon game he did spin the ball and it was the first time he was flagged for it all year, but it just so happened to be after he was flagged for getting drug around by his facemask after a play. I'm not saying what he did was right but he did certainly deserve the award. If you want to talk about a travesty then talk about the backs in 2 A, duck got screwed last year, 43 td's and 2000 yards, and this year the guy winning it didn't even have the best stats on his team, that's a travesty.

hope this works now

I find it ironic that you complain of someone else making an assesment about a guy they possibly haven't seen play yet you do the same thing in knocking the winner of the back award. I don't think you will find anyone that will argue that there were a number of players, many that weren't even nominated, that deserved to win the award. However, as in many things, there could only be one winner of the award. If you want to know what kind of impact player Boo was to Huntingdon's team over the years, consider this, according to the coaches, he scored a touchdown every way possible on the football field with the exception of picking up a fumble and returning it for a touchdown.

You may not like the fact that your selection didn't win but it is still not a travisity.

I thought FBEmeritus was the most classless person on here, but wait...Fan 2 Fan is catching up quick. Does it make you guys feel more like a "man" to come on here and bad mouth a "kid" that you know nothing about? You guys come on here and type a bunch of b.s. behind a keyboard and are not "man" enough to even sign your real name to it. These boards are for discussing football, not talking bad about kids. If you two and others like you can not turn on the computer and have a keyboard conversation with others across the internet as adults would, maybe you should spend less time on the computer and more time with your families! How would you like people judging your children without even knowing them. If that doesnt work for you, you might want to spend less time on the computer and more time in church! FBEmeritus, Fan 2 Fan, and others like them...the next time you guys are feeling "less of a man" and feel the need to talk about and call kids names...talk about jesus instead! I promise that when you look in the mirror, you will get more satisfaction by going to church and talking about jesus, than going to the computer and talking about "kids". Oh. wait...did I mention, "KIDS"!

Look one more time, and read closely. Just because I'm a person who thinks an individuals negative actions on the field should be a prerequisite for awards does not mean I am classless. You want to spout off about how I can not have an intelligent conversation all the while you and a few others have called me names because I think unsportsmanlike like behavior should be part of the judging process just like the persons game stats should have been. Then you want to excuse the behavior because it was the officials fault or "He really is a good kid". Well you are right many of us don't know the kid personally, we only see what we see at the games, in the press, hear from friends or on TV highlights. Then you try to point out other civil & legal, team violations, school suspensions and other infractions other students/players have committed at other schools over many years as some kind of justification to dismiss BW actions.

I think the biggest travesty is the kid, who is a senior won't be able to help his team win another State Championship. Personally, I think the two game ejections rule to be harsh simply because one occurred in the first game of the season in this case. I think every player who enters the post season should have a clean slate. Spinning the ball should have been an excessive celebration 15 yard penalty, not a player ejection for the first offence. I feel like it is a failure of the coaching staff if they did not speak to BW after the first unsportsmanlike like call was made to insure he knew the consequences of another call. If I were coaching and I thought there was a chance, any chance I could lose this talented player for the season, and I could win without him he would have been on the sideline the rest of that game. I would not have taken a chance on losing him due to his demonstrated emotional antics over the course of the past season. Besides everyone would agree after you get the first call in a game, the officials are looking your way. More so when your the “go to guy” with a great scholarship in your future. I agree the target could have been on his back, but those reasons do not and should not trump the rules or an official’s interpation of them. I am sorry for BW that this season and career has ended like this for him but the bigger picture is there are consequences for his actions and that message needs to be sent to every young person this day and age. I know he has got to be devastated as his family no doubt is over this suspension. I am sorry for them.

But awarding a player Mr. Football in a state should not go to a kid who is eligible to play the game. In my opinion it sends the wrong message.

Good luck to BW in the future and to Alcoa Friday night and go get that gold ball.

Look one more time, and read closely. Just because I'm a person who thinks an individuals negative actions on the field should be a prerequisite for awards does not mean I am classless. You want to spout off about how I can not have an intelligent conversation all the while you and a few others have called me names because I think unsportsmanlike like behavior should be part of the judging process just like the persons game stats should have been. Then you want to excuse the behavior because it was the officials fault or "He really is a good kid". Well you are right many of us don't know the kid personally, we only see what we see at the games, in the press, hear from friends or on TV highlights. Then you try to point out other civil & legal, team violations, school suspensions and other infractions other students/players have committed at other schools over many years as some kind of justification to dismiss BW actions.

I think the biggest travesty is the kid, who is a senior won't be able to help his team win another State Championship. Personally, I think the two game ejections rule to be harsh simply because one occurred in the first game of the season in this case. I think every player who enters the post season should have a clean slate. Spinning the ball should have been an excessive celebration 15 yard penalty, not a player ejection for the first offence. I feel like it is a failure of the coaching staff if they did not speak to BW after the first unsportsmanlike like call was made to insure he knew the consequences of another call. If I were coaching and I thought there was a chance, any chance I could lose this talented player for the season, and I could win without him he would have been on the sideline the rest of that game. I would not have taken a chance on losing him due to his demonstrated emotional antics over the course of the past season. Besides everyone would agree after you get the first call in a game, the officials are looking your way. More so when your the “go to guy” with a great scholarship in your future. I agree the target could have been on his back, but those reasons do not and should not trump the rules or an official’s interpation of them. I am sorry for BW that this season and career has ended like this for him but the bigger picture is there are consequences for his actions and that message needs to be sent to every young person this day and age. I know he has got to be devastated as his family no doubt is over this suspension. I am sorry for them.

But awarding a player Mr. Football in a state should not go to a kid who is eligible to play the game. In my opinion it sends the wrong message.

Good luck to BW in the future and to Alcoa Friday night and go get that gold ball.