District 8-AAA

Shootmore

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

yeah, columbia played really well last night! their defense is smothering. GIVE ke ke bean for LC some credit because she held ross to 4 points and only one basket from the field, heck i think she only shot 3 times. Owens killed LC , 20 rebounds and 16 points. it was another game where LC did not play well. I have seen them play to their potential twice this year. the first 3 quarters against shelbyville and the first half agaisnt moore county earlier in the season. if they can find that abilbity come tourney time well then ........ that is all im going to say!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KW...Yes the Lamp came on last night. She was very effective. Now by saying that, she didn't have as many points but there were 3-4 of the most fundamental solid picks set that opened up plays and players that did score for us. She tweaked her knee in the 3rd but she said it scared her more than anything else and she was smiling and cutting up with the rest of the girls afterwards. I imagine it is going to be a challenge with swelling and discomfort and probably something she'll have to adjust to for the rest of the year. Top to bottom everyone that got on the floor last night contributed well. It is kinda scary actually but I think for the first time all year I saw real fire and determination. Jess Pillow was wearing Leesa J's uniform all night. But to answer..... the Lamp shined!

As long as the doc is ok with this, I just don't want her to try too much too fast and then not be there at tourney time. Y'all take care of that girl, she is special. Good luck at "The Grill" . Can't wait to get back over there myself because they have that good ice for the drinks that is easy to crunch for us old *&^))*&$# that don't have many teeth left :thumb:

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!!!!!

kw

KW now we could probably do something about that. Carol went to that B&J clinic and all they said she needed was continued PT and she'll have to be aware that at first it will scare her but they still thought she was on the right track but I agree with you that just her appearance in the lineup gave Columbia such a different look.

KW now we could probably do something about that. Carol went to that B&J clinic and all they said she needed was continued PT and she'll have to be aware that at first it will scare her but they still thought she was on the right track but I agree with you that just her appearance in the lineup gave Columbia such a different look.

How does this district rank in the state or in the nation? There seems to be 4 or 5 teams in 8AAA that could go to the Mufreesboro.

How does this district rank in the state or in the nation? There seems to be 4 or 5 teams in 8AAA that could go to the Mufreesboro.

I think the district as a whole is under everybody's radar. We aren't close enought to Nashville to get press in the state wide news papers (not that it would help) so that's why you don't hear any more than that. Shelbyville and Columbia fared well outside the state in holiday tournaments as did some of the other district teams I'm sure I just don't know to what extent. But as with any district, the right team on the right night and you can beat anyone who laces up the shoes against you.

How I wish you were right, but in my opinion, the district is down this year. I do think we still have a outside shot at getting two teams to "The Boro", but it will be a challenge. Over all, I think that the district is as balanced as I have seen it before, but that does not translate into being strong from top to bottom. It will have a lot to do with who is healthy at tourney time. Hate to say it, but I think 9AAA has the edge in this part of the state again this year.

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!

kw

Well things got real interesting in the district tonight. I hope someone can give us the current standings now. Columbia didn't play as well as the previous 2 games but played well enough to win a close one in the grill. Lampley had 12 and made a big difference but scoring was balanced. The Lady Lions worked inside well and mixed the 3 in with balance. For 3 games now teams have tried to stop Alex Ross and it has backfired allowing different players each game to step up and take up the slack. Obviously the big girl transfer for Shelbyville wasn't as composed tonight as she was in the first game. I saw several cheap shots at players during the game and a very unsportsmanlike diss of Coach Moore after the game. Oh well you wouldn't expect any less. Tonight will make the next matchup a hot one. the only one that really matters is the last one whenever that is.

Columbia 6-2

Shelbyville 5-2

Lawrence Co 5-3

Franklin Co 4-3

Lincoln Co 4-4

Coffee Co 2-5

Tullahoma 0-7

next week: (tuesday 1/24)

Tullahoma @ Columbia

Lawrence Co @ Coffee Co

Shelbyville @ Franklin Co

(friday 1/27)

Tullahoma @ Lawrence Co

Columbia @ Franklin Co

Lincoln Co @ Shelbyville

Edited by coachlj65

yall are really killing me with this every one is trying to stop the Ross kid, it is obvious under pressure she can not play but if she plays against teams that is weak she shoots everytime she catch the ball, if any thing the teams are trying to shut down your post players.

Besides watch out for round 3 (district play)

yall are really killing me with this every one is trying to stop the Ross kid, it is obvious under pressure she can not play but if she plays against teams that is weak she shoots everytime she catch the ball, if any thing the teams are trying to shut down your post players.

Besides watch out for round 3 (district play)

hey mac you are wrong dude. She can play and stick it she did it last night with hands in her face all night. She's good enough to sign D-1. No team we've played yet has tried to shut down the post. Shelbyville for sure wasn't trying to last night. If you are talking about round 3 being the district tournament final, there's alot of b'ball before then I ain't about to claim we'll be there yet. Too many games to play before then.