Congratulations to the Oak Ridge Staff

rabidwildcatfan

great post tc

By the way coach stevens and his staff have done a great job this year.BUT rabid u sidestepped my question like President Bush does...like people on here have said u have got the wrong facts about coach gray. heck u probably never have had a one on one conversation with the man.football is my favorite sport and i love this sport to death but there was a time in my life in which i didnt know if i wanted to play this game anymore and i ended up quiting the day of spring practice.I told coach gray how felt and he knew that i loved playing for the Wildcats. For the next few weeks he, along with some people on the team(if u read this you know who u are)asked me if i ahd changed my mind about playing again.after spring practice was over, i realized what i was missing out on by not being a part of Oak Ridge Football and ended up rejoining the team.i have a lot respect for coach gray because of that.how many coaches do you know that have convinced a certain player to rejoin the team after thay had already quit for a few weeks.so if u bash coach gray, then u bashing me

That is a heck of a way to get out of spring practice. But I am glad you came back.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not meaning to bash coach gray or anything but when he was at the helm of the offense it was little too one dimensional. you can argue that he produced the career passing leader but oak ridge never threw that much in the past anyway. he was a good coach and nothing against him but i think that stevens opening it up and throwing the ball down field this year is what finally got us back to the championship. once again NO DISRESPECT TO COACH GRAY WHATSOEVER. this is just how i see it.

Coach Gray will win a gold ball very soon in the future. Inside rumors are he's gonna get one of his wishes very soon..... He is too good of a coach not to get a head job and a state championship. The man has a character and drive I've never witnessed before this year. He WAS the reason for our success. He made us believe, and we had no choice but to follow him. I'd follow that man into anything.

Edited by BHSfootball

What you do on offense is all about what you have under the hood. You have to adapt to the personel you have and utilize them to their full potential. What OR ran on offense in the past has no bearing on what they are able to run with the current players and is like comparing apples and tangerines. I'm sure coach Gray ran what he thought the kids he had were best suited to run. When the personel changes in the next couple of years at OR coach Stevens will adapt as well.

Ole Dad

not meaning to bash coach gray or anything but when he was at the helm of the offense it was little too one dimensional. you can argue that he produced the career passing leader but oak ridge never threw that much in the past anyway. he was a good coach and nothing against him but i think that stevens opening it up and throwing the ball down field this year is what finally got us back to the championship. once again NO DISRESPECT TO COACH GRAY WHATSOEVER. this is just how i see it.

Check the stats for the last four years, and you'll find that Oak Ridge was equally split between passing and running.

Also the ultimate decision to start Conner Gulmire was made last year by Bruce Lussier and Ron Gray.

Get your facts straight before you run off at your mouth.

I hate to disagree with Mr. Bounder. He deserves respect as a faithful and loyal OR supporter, but I just don't see an equal split. These are the straight facts:

2004: 505 runs, 192 passes. 72% rushing

2003: 509 runs, 169 passes. 75% rushing

2002: 410 runs, 156 passes. 72% rushing

2001: 353 runs, 142 passes. 71% rushing

Edited by OR nole

I stand corrected, sorry. With a Corey Booker and Spencer Gulmire it stands to reason it would be heavy with the run. I do like to see passes go for more than 2 or 3 yards. But with Revel all you need is to get the ball to him.

This years staff have done an excellent job and should be congratulated.

Edited by bounder

I also wanted to come on the board a congratulate Coach Stevens, his staff, the Catz and the Oak Ridge Football Commuinity. I really enjoyed the early season scrimmage Maryville had with you guys and knew this Catz team was a good one. Coach Stevens is a class act and I am happy Oak Ridge has once again returned to power prominance in football.

I'll be pulling for you this weekend in the flesh. Go get that gold ball and never mind this in fighting!

Go CatZ!