Congratulations to the Oak Ridge Staff

rabidwildcatfan

Extreme,

You are correct and I am sure that Lussier, despite what the haters say about him, is tickled to death with the Wildcat success this season. What a great season for a group of hard working players and coaches. I hope we need to rearrange the trophy case Monday morning to fit a new Gold Ball.

Ole Dad

I don't think anyone literally thinks that the current coaching staff didn't make the choices on who is starting. As far as a lineup card, no Lussier didn't leave one, but I'm sure that he and Stanton talked about the current players and what Lussier thought would be a good fit for them.

Remember Lussier leaving was not the typical scenario. He left on good terms due to personal reasons, so I'm sure he would be willing to help out the current coaches anyway he could.

Edited by Ole Dad

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you,

Never said a discouraging word about Lussier, although I am curious if any of you know his opinion of Gray at the end of his coaching tenure? I have heard rumors, but would like for the "experts" to weigh in. I believe that Lussier is both a fine man and an excellent coach. I would agree that he and Stanton talked, but Stanton is his own man, as are the other coaches, and they decided who would play where. I would also agree that he is happy for the current Oak Ridge team. I don't think that Gray is happy for this team or the coaches, only bitter.

Again, Gray could post huge numbers against many weaker teams, but Oak Ridge did not get a lot better from the start of the year through the end of the year, nor did they do a lot of different things from year to year.

As Nick Orlando pointed out, Oak Ridge became a Wing-T team and stayed with it regardless of personnel. Out of curiousity, did Bearden run the Wing-T this year?

You can make all your assertions about all the talent on this team to try to take away from the job th e coaches did this year, but I would say there was just as much or more talent in 2003 (remember Gulmire and Booker were both there). Also, for all you people that love pointing out all the stats compiled by Gray's players, McMahon, the all-time passing leader, was there. Oak Ridge did not score well against a young Murfreesboro team that most people correctly considered being a year away from being dominant.

There was some new blood on the offensive coaching side in 2004 that I believe had a positive effect on the gameplan for Riverdale. Compare the playcalling between the Riverdale games in 2003 and 2004, or any game prior to 2004, before you just dismiss this.

By the way, I have had one on one conversations with Gray, although it has been awhile. I have also had one on one conversations with other coaches. I will in fact tell you that Coach Stevens had a good laugh out of the thought of Gray and Lussier picking his starters.

Now, three questions to all you Gray supporters. First, are you just bitter that he didn't get the head job? Second, if Gray was still going to be the offensive coordinator at Oak Ridge why would he go to Bearden for the same position? I would love to hear how this can be considered a positive career move. Finally, what is Coach Stevens and his staff going to have to do to make you realize that they have put their mark on this year's team?

I honestly believe that most of you are not willing to give this staff any of the credit, but are more than ready to put blame on them should things not go well. Bottom line is this team is in the State Championship, despite all the controversy and upheaval surrounding the coaching change, despite putting in a new offensive and defensive system, despite having a first year quarterback that missed spring practice because of injury and wasn't chosen (no matter what some of you might believe) to be the starter until a few weeks before the season began. As I said to start the post, CONGRATULATIONS COACHES! Let's finish the deal!

Hey Rabid,

I agree with you and for one very pleased with the entire coaching staff and commend them for doing an absolutley fantastic job. I have never said one word against them or downplayed their great success for one minute and are very glad that Lussiers replacemnt has done so well.

I don't know Ron Gray from Adam's housecat, but know Coach Lussier very well. He is a class person and great coach and did a superb job at OR for 25 years. My posts have not been to diminish any results from this year at all, and I for one haven't seen many coaching issues other than not running Spenser twice from the 1 on 3rd and 1 against Riverdale. Just kidding. I will defend Lussier's coaching and character to the end as he is a great person and a class guy. My posts are to set the record straight against the haters.

Now, let's go bring home another Gold Football.

Ole Dad

For all of you,

Never said a discouraging word about Lussier, although I am curious if any of you know his opinion of Gray at the end of his coaching tenure? I have heard rumors, but would like for the "experts" to weigh in. I believe that Lussier is both a fine man and an excellent coach. I would agree that he and Stanton talked, but Stanton is his own man, as are the other coaches, and they decided who would play where. I would also agree that he is happy for the current Oak Ridge team. I don't think that Gray is happy for this team or the coaches, only bitter.

Again, Gray could post huge numbers against many weaker teams, but Oak Ridge did not get a lot better from the start of the year through the end of the year, nor did they do a lot of different things from year to year.

As Nick Orlando pointed out, Oak Ridge became a Wing-T team and stayed with it regardless of personnel. Out of curiousity, did Bearden run the Wing-T this year?

You can make all your assertions about all the talent on this team to try to take away from the job th e coaches did this year, but I would say there was just as much or more talent in 2003 (remember Gulmire and Booker were both there). Also, for all you people that love pointing out all the stats compiled by Gray's players, McMahon, the all-time passing leader, was there. Oak Ridge did not score well against a young Murfreesboro team that most people correctly considered being a year away from being dominant.

There was some new blood on the offensive coaching side in 2004 that I believe had a positive effect on the gameplan for Riverdale. Compare the playcalling between the Riverdale games in 2003 and 2004, or any game prior to 2004, before you just dismiss this.

By the way, I have had one on one conversations with Gray, although it has been awhile. I have also had one on one conversations with other coaches. I will in fact tell you that Coach Stevens had a good laugh out of the thought of Gray and Lussier picking his starters.

Now, three questions to all you Gray supporters. First, are you just bitter that he didn't get the head job? Second, if Gray was still going to be the offensive coordinator at Oak Ridge why would he go to Bearden for the same position? I would love to hear how this can be considered a positive career move. Finally, what is Coach Stevens and his staff going to have to do to make you realize that they have put their mark on this year's team?

I honestly believe that most of you are not willing to give this staff any of the credit, but are more than ready to put blame on them should things not go well. Bottom line is this team is in the State Championship, despite all the controversy and upheaval surrounding the coaching change, despite putting in a new offensive and defensive system, despite having a first year quarterback that missed spring practice because of injury and wasn't chosen (no matter what some of you might believe) to be the starter until a few weeks before the season began. As I said to start the post, CONGRATULATIONS COACHES! Let's finish the deal!

Rabid you are trying to turn the table, you must be a politician. To my knowledge none of the posters have had a single bad thing to say about the current coaching staff. To the contrary all the posts have been very supportive. I know, and work with Stanton Stevens and his entire staff, they are a great group. I also enjoyed working with Coach Lussier and his staff. The only bashing is coming from you about Gray. It is not when are we going to let go, but rather when are you going to quit bashing this guy. He is no longer here, his current players love him and support him and you have done nothing but throw down rocks about his past, his present and future. Let it go.

Now on to the BIG GAME..........ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Check the stats for the last four years, and you'll find that Oak Ridge was equally split between passing and running.

Also the ultimate decision to start Conner Gulmire was made last year by Bruce Lussier and Ron Gray.

Get your facts straight before you run off at your mouth.

THE ULTIMATE DECISION?

Like they had anything to do with it! Ha Ha Ha

Let me guess...you were there at the coaches meeting at Home Depot.

Equally split passing and running? Shut up. The few gay passes they threw while Ronnie called the play averaged about 100 inches per pass. Less than that a couple of years ago.

You are so full of it bounder you make comments I don't know anything about football? How much did you play or coach? How many touchdowns did you score for the WILDCATS? Did you play college ball? I did bounder and watch yourself on who you call a loser....You might get to eat one of your joke burgers backwards.. Just because BL was your drinking buddy does not make you THE EXPERT. Will you ever get your head out of there? No one cares what Bruce had for breakfast.

I am glad to hear Ronnie helped a player come back to play football but Oak Ridge would not be playing football tomorrow if he wasn't at Bearden. Oak Ridge WITH OUT a DOUBT should have won it all in '99 with the talent they had. They were out coached by Coach Brewer and his staff period. They were ONE DEMINSONAL with the Wing T and if they could have jumped out of it and run any other NON WING T schemes take your pick they would have a gold ball that year. Heck, the Wildcats should have at least 2 more since '91.

They will win tomorrow!

ROLL WILDCATS!!

Dang, you're an angry person.

Ole Dad

THE ULTIMATE DECISION?

Like they had anything to do with it! Ha Ha Ha

Let me guess...you were there at the coaches meeting at Home Depot.

Equally split passing and running? Shut up. The few gay passes they threw while Ronnie called the play averaged about 100 inches per pass. Less than that a couple of years ago.

You are so full of it bounder you make comments I don't know anything about football? How much did you play or coach? How many touchdowns did you score for the WILDCATS? Did you play college ball? I did bounder and watch yourself on who you call a loser....You might get to eat one of your joke burgers backwards.. Just because BL was your drinking buddy does not make you THE EXPERT. Will you ever get your head out of there? No one cares what Bruce had for breakfast.

I am glad to hear Ronnie helped a player come back to play football but Oak Ridge would not be playing football tomorrow if he wasn't at Bearden. Oak Ridge WITH OUT a DOUBT should have won it all in '99 with the talent they had. They were out coached by Coach Brewer and his staff period. They were ONE DEMINSONAL with the Wing T and if they could have jumped out of it and run any other NON WING T schemes take your pick they would have a gold ball that year. Heck, the Wildcats should have at least 2 more since '91.

They will win tomorrow!

ROLL WILDCATS!!

(File this under "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread")

I would like to offer my appreciation for the fine job that our coaches have done with this team. I have liked Coach Stevens ever since I met him and his team (AE) at last year's Soddy Daisy game. I liked him even more when I heard him talk to the boosters right after he was hired last spring. He has his priorities right. I feel he and the rest of the staff have our team peaking just at the right time.

It doesn't show much class to give props to the current staff while running down the previous one, most of which, btw are still here. I think everyone can agree that our current coaching staff is an improvement over the last. That doesn't mean that the others were bad, just look at the improvements of the teams where they are now coaching.

As to the Wing-t, anybody who has been carefully watching our games over the past 3 years could not help but notice our transition away from the classic wing-t formations to a more multiple approach. Did we not run out of the "I" almost exclusively last year? Maybe my eyes were deceiving me.

I am looking forward to the game tonight; hopefully yelling my lungs out while we press on to victory!

I am also excited about the future. We have a good staff that I hope will stay together for many years to come. Coach Stevens and the rest of the staff have taught our underclassmen how to be winners. (Our seniors have been very successful) This is a group that has not experienced much success in their playing years at Oak Ridge. I can see that changing.

Edited by boyfromsi

Boy,

What are you smokin? Not much success? They have been to the State semifinals 2 years in a row and are like 24-4 during that time. (2003-2004) Sounds like a bunch of losers to me. Get real...you start your post out talking about not bashing and then it is evident that that is the intent.

Ole Dad

"This is a group that has not experienced much success in their playing years at Oak Ridge. I can see that changing."

(File this under "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread")

I would like to offer my appreciation for the fine job that our coaches have done with this team. I have liked Coach Stevens ever since I met him and his team (AE) at last year's Soddy Daisy game. I liked him even more when I heard him talk to the boosters right after he was hired last spring. He has his priorities right. I feel he and the rest of the staff have our team peaking just at the right time.

It doesn't show much class to give props to the current staff while running down the previous one, most of which, btw are still here. I think everyone can agree that our current coaching staff is an improvement over the last. That doesn't mean that the others were bad, just look at the improvements of the teams where they are now coaching.

As to the Wing-t, anybody who has been carefully watching our games over the past 3 years could not help but notice our transition away from the classic wing-t formations to a more multiple approach. Did we not run out of the "I" almost exclusively last year? Maybe my eyes were deceiving me.

I am looking forward to the game tonight; hopefully yelling my lungs out while we press on to victory!

I am also excited about the future. We have a good staff that I hope will stay together for many years to come. Coach Stevens and the rest of the staff have taught our underclassmen how to be winners. (Our seniors have been very successful) This is a group that has not experienced much success in their playing years at Oak Ridge. I can see that changing.

How about a little fan unity the day of the championship? The thread's title is congratulations. This staff has done a great job. They have taken some of the best talent in the state and LEAD these kids to where they are now. Can you imagine the bashers had they not made it this far?

Coaches, thanks for the great job, for getting over the hump, and bringing the Cats to right where they should be. Now, finish the deal!

Boy,

What are you smokin? Not much success? They have been to the State semifinals 2 years in a row and are like 24-4 during that time. (2003-2004) Sounds like a bunch of losers to me. Get real...you start your post out talking about not bashing and then it is evident that that is the intent.

Ole Dad

"This is a group that has not experienced much success in their playing years at Oak Ridge. I can see that changing."

I am referring to their records in middle school and as freshmen. The current group of sophomores had a very rough freshman year. Sorry to come across as negative, but I really wanted to highlight their improvement this year. Like I said, I'm very excited about today and the future of this program. Go Cats!

Boyfromsi, have a blast at the game tonight. I know you have always been positive about our Team Wildcat. Oak Ridge has many classy posters on CoachT.com and you head up the list. In my opinion, Ole Dad is on the good list, too.

Keep up the great job coaches and players. Show out strong tonight fans and help the Wildcats stand tall.

One thing we can all agree on...We are all PROUD of the Oak Ridge program.

Boyfromsi, have a blast at the game tonight. I know you have always been positive about our Team Wildcat. Oak Ridge has many classy posters on CoachT.com and you head up the list. In my opinion, Ole Dad is on the good list, too.

Keep up the great job coaches and players. Show out strong tonight fans and help the Wildcats stand tall.

One thing we can all agree on...We are all PROUD of the Oak Ridge program.

Willie,

As I have said before you always have a way of showing us all how to smell roses when we are in a stink storm. Your posts are the best. I know you from your days at ORNS. Keep up the great work!

One thing is for sure as we CoachT'ers have heated discussions about Oak Ridge Football, no matter which coach we like or dislike it is obvious the fire is fueled with our passion for the program. The bottom line is High School Football is ABOUT THE KIDS.

Thanks for bringing us back to reality, if only for a moment!

[Comic Sans Ms]GOLD BALL on way to trophy case at Oak Ridge![/font]