warren co girls

ladynred

Well, wel lost to Blackman. Here's the best thing I have ever heard."WE NEED MORE POINTS FROM THE POST" it is hard for the posts to score sitting on the bench. Lavioe, Hall, Hennessee, Fisher, Frazier on the bench -five guards on the floor. Huh? This is a team they handled AT Blackman, and now lost to. 8-16 is their record now. Now, here is my "hoopservations" on improving the high school basketball program (this is a rip-off of a local sports writers column about improving elementary b-ball), get a new coach AND new direction. This embarassment has gone on long enough, even brother (AD) doesn't show his self during the girls games. Wild huh?

Edited by hoop20

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, wel lost to Blackman. Here's the best thing I have ever heard."WE NEED MORE POINTS FROM THE POST" it is hard for the posts to score sitting on the bench. Lavioe, Hall, Hennessee, Fisher, Frazier on the bench -five guards on the floor. Huh? This is a team they handled AT Blackman, and now lost to. 8-16 is their record now. Now, here is my "hoopservations" on improving the high school basketball program (this is a rip-off of a local sports writers column about improving elementary b-ball), get a new coach AND new direction. This embarassment has gone on long enough, even brother (AD) doesn't show his self during the girls games. Wild huh?

wow

Will Warren County beat Lebanon tonight? If they don't they will be tied with Lebanon with 3 district wins each, but Warren should still finish 6th because they surely will beat Oakland even if they are playing badly and I don't think Lebanon will beat Siegel on Friday. I can't bring myself to pick Lebanon, but I wouldn't be surprised if they win this one.

wc should be safe tonight... lebanon is bigger, but not as quick... dont flog me devil fans, but i'm actually suprised at the district wins they have... this is a team that is not very deep, which i attribute to the rise of the wilson central program... just not enough talent to make both schools truly competitive... throw mjhs in there and it makes it even tougher... wc will need to run and gun a little, force some turnovers and take advantage of them... lebanon's best hope is to slow it down a little, force a half court game on both ends and use their height advantage... but like you darkman, i can't see lebanon pulling this one off, assuming everyone is healthy and there are no unknown factors... unfortunately, wc cant count on everyone else having down years every year... at some point, we have to be able to compete with the top half instead of worrying if we're going to be able to beat our fellow bottom feeders...

They are content on being where they are in the middle of the bottom. She always preaches about "hard work and discipline and being competetive", but what about W-I-N-N-I-N-G? It seems to NOT be in the vocabulary for the Warren County coaching staff. Tonights game against Lebanon should be a win as is Friday's game against Oakland, but I thought that about Blackman, too. Maybe they will play a post tonight, who knows? It's time for her to quit being stubborn and look in the mirror and ask herself if she is being fair to Warren County and the future of this program by staying on and coach. She setting it back year after year.

Some games are defining moments in a season or tenure of a coach and a team. Tonight loss against Lebanon by over 25+ is just that. I witnessed this 1st hand and this is totally unacceptable. The buck needs to stop here and games like tonights are a reason why it should immediatedly. Changes should be made now!! Call your local school rep and demand it. This is the only way!!! Losses by almost 30 to a team that has a grand total of 3(now 4) wins cant happen. It did and it needs to be dealt with swiftly. Call you school board representative. If you have a daughter interested in playing high school bball this escpecially needs your attention. Dont wait. Pick up the phone tonight or in the morning.

Wow! Lebanon 69 Warren County 40. I said I wouldn't be surprised if Lebanon won, but I have to admit I am very surprised by this margin of victory. What is wrong with WC? They have really gone into the tank in the last 2 weeks.

Sounds like the girls have finally given up.No desire and no motivation, just going through the motions and waiting on the season to end. Few weeks ago team was playing better, Locke was playing at an all district level and they beat Blackman and Lebanon rather easily. Way they are playing now they will be lucky to beat Oakland again or anybody else left on the schedule. Hopefully the girls can dig down deep and finish strong in spite of all that appears to be wrong with this program. We love you Lady Pioneers! Keep your heads up!

lebanon is bigger, but not as quick...

i know i am new to this, but i have watched basketball all my life, and i don't think after seeing these two teams play twice this year that the quote above is very accurate. i did think Warren Co. did not play their best game, but after seeing what happened last night i think you will also agree that Lebanon is quick.

whwyaskwhy - those girls have won only four games, but look who they play to get ready for post season...mt. juliet, wilson central (both twice), smyrna, mcgavock...i dare say their record wouldn't have more wins and less losses if they played teams for confidence-builders like some teams do.

congratulations girls...that win was a long time coming. perfect time to start playing like that. :lol:

whwyaskwhy - those girls have won only four games, but look who they play to get ready for post season...mt. juliet, wilson central (both twice), smyrna, mcgavock...i dare say their record wouldn't have more wins and less losses if they played teams for confidence-builders like some teams do.

Lebanon has had some tough games, but they have had some "confidence-builders" as well. Hillwood, Hickman County, Spring Hill, and White House, not to mention being in a weak district with Oakland, Blackman, and Warren all struggling through losing seasons. I don't think Lebanon's schedule is a very good explanation for having only 4 wins. Poor shooting and excessive turnovers would be a better explanation. :lol:

i know i am new to this, but i have watched basketball all my life, and i don't think after seeing these two teams play twice this year that the quote above is very accurate. i did think Warren Co. did not play their best game, but after seeing what happened last night i think you will also agree that Lebanon is quick.

congratulations girls...that win was a long time coming. perfect time to start playing like that. :blink:

i stick with my original assessment... not as quick, meant not as quick as wc... not that they have no quickness... wc just could not get theirs going last night... saw the first game at wc and wc was quicker that night, this was not the same team... i don't know what's happened the last couple of weeks...

dark man is right, lebanon has played its share of cupcakes too... but i think schedule strength is overrated... if you play tough teams to get ready for other teams, then why do you need to schedule confidence boosting games?... i don't buy any of it... what i do buy is the negative impact of losing games you should win, period...

i've not gotten to hear any reaction from the staff... what were the excuses this time?... at some point we have to start wondering whether there is a female version of bruce pearl out there somewhere... it's going to be an awful empty gym at wc come tourney time when both our squads fall early... hope the district's not counting on high ticket sales for the later rounds... we may support our losing teams well, but i doubt we'll support everyone else's...

dark man, you are right (kinda). of the four non-district teams you mentioned as "weak", all four were played in a tournament or classic, three of which the coach had no control over scheduling. the only team of those four that lebanon had any control over was white house.

i do agree that TOs and poor shooting have been the biggest problem (classic example last night - few TOs, great shooting). aside from those two minute details (joke) i still think the non-district schedule is harder than the other teams schedules in the district. but that's my opinion and i'll be ok if you don't agree, i think. :blink: