Oneida vs. Wartburg

youdontknowme

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaz,

What I meant by my comment is that this team does not have the same experience most Oneida teams do. This team has not played together since elementary. Some come from Huntsville and Robbins, this is where there is not quite a gel.

It does not matter if they have played together since elementary school. They went to the state tourney last year and it is the same (bleepn') team. We know they can play together and it is just a matter of time before they get back in that same groove.

About the game........this one was a struggle from the tip for the Lady Indians. They were ineffective against Wartburg's match-up zone. I would say the biggest reason for that was the off night from behind the arch. The girls were not dialed in, even though they were getting good looks. Wartburg did a couple of things exceptionally well.........physically active zone defense and rebounding. Those two aspects allowed them to keep this game much closer than it should have been. Big Sam from OS (was he scouting?) must have come away from watching this one rather unimpressed. All things aside, the girls gutted it out and made enough plays in the end to go home with another W.

:thumb: Kaz :)

Kaz,

Do you think that the Bulldog's style of play had something to do with scrambling Oneida's offensive attack. Also, I was told..(I didn't get to go) that the Dogs missed over 15 free-throws. Is that ture? If so O O ONE I I IDA Oneida Oneida avoided a possible upset. Some people I've talked to are a bit concerned that the Lady Indians are not playing to their ability level, they're playing to their competition level. Is that be happening? You always have good takes and seem to know their program pretty well, just a couple of questions that I know the great Kaz should be able to answer.

They definitely avoided a big upset. I'm not taking anything away from an obviously superb effort by the Lady Dogs, but Oneida was their own worse enemy Friday night. I would venture that they were about 3 for 14 from behind the 3 point line, with Martin hitting all three. They are way better than that, with the number of players they have that shoot the 3-ball. I don't remember if they hit any in the second half, so they were obviously off. This was a game where you just keep grinding until the buzzer goes off, and hopefully your ahead. I think its kind of telling that as poorly as Oneida played, Wartburg was never able to separate the score by more than 6 to 8 points. Every season is a journey, you would be hard pressed to say there aren't going to be some bumps in the road. This was a bump, in my opinion.

:thumb: Kaz ;)

Kaz,

This sounds like a bump. I don't think that Oneida will have that many more opportunities to get away with playing down in a game. I would like to see them play at their top level. Keep in mind I am a bulldog fan. However, I always like to see teams play the kind of ball I saw out of Oneida last year. Hopefully both teams will play much better in the future.