DL vs LA

DLHSFAN1

Our line is anchored by #58 Ford very quick for a lineman also very mean. His play will be vital early to set the tone the rest of the game. Overall our line is very quick and very strong. Theyare without a doubt the most physical line to play at LA. I know there are others but this is most of the SR. Our center will look like a monster. He's about 6-5 and around 270 and explodes off the ball.

All the talk about Cates, which is richly deserved - don't get me wrong, but you need to consider the o-line. Holt (the 6'5'', 285 lb monster you refer to) and the rest of the line have been key to the success of LA running this year.

When ND defense came out on the field before the LA game I wondered how they got the nickname the WALL - they were much smaller than the LA o-line, Holt in particular. They (LA o-line) have been a force to reckon with all year.

Go LA!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be Gordon, would it not? Any smaller blue trains would fall into the categories of Edward or Thomas. Does it puzzle anyone else that the main charcter in Thomas The Tank Engine was just a normal train, and a small one at that? I mean either make him the biggest train or let the show be called Harold the Helicopter or Bertie the Bus. Thomas isn't even the only blue train. Green trains have dominance, seeing as how their squad is filled out with the likes of Henry and Duck, but they also have to put up with little Percy, the only engine who's smaller than Thomas. The only plus side I see to Thomas is he's basically a ladies' train with Annie and Clarabel. James is basically running the show, seeing as how he's the only red one. Diesel is a force to be reckoned with. Perhaps he should have been the focus of your metaphor. Seeing as how this is the end of this post, this is the part devoted to Toby. From Sodor, this is Ringo Starr signing off.

Just to add some balance to the thread....Bombsquad...what drivel...or is that just plain abuse of the English language......ok...here's one for you

"Along the road of life there are Drivers and Passengers".......and you Bombsquad...with this &**&*& fal into the category of "Roadkill"...Thank you and Good Night

All the talk about Cates, which is richly deserved - don't get me wrong, but you need to consider the o-line. Holt (the 6'5'', 285 lb monster you refer to) and the rest of the line have been key to the success of LA running this year.

When ND defense came out on the field before the LA game I wondered how they got the nickname the WALL - they were much smaller than the LA o-line, Holt in particular. They (LA o-line) have been a force to reckon with all year.

Go LA!

Please believe me I know who the unsung hero's are. I have played and been around football all my life. Anybody that has played or knows anything about football knows without a line you are not going to be very successful.

As for Cates yes he is an exceptional athlete but he would be the first to tell you that he is not a one man team. Our line is going to be the difference in LA winning and losing. If we let DL control the line of scrimmage then it will be a long day for the Cats. If our line plays like they have all year then LA will be bringing home the GOLD. :thumb::lol:

Please post what you think are the keys to the game for each team.

We all know about Elrod and Cates, as well as Binkley. I am looking for the little things that will help each team. Here are some of mine from the Lipscomb side, not that I am predicting a win but things that I think would lead to a Lipscomb win.

1.) Defensive Line - Will they continue to be disruptive and allow Binkley, Binkley and Lehning to make plays.

2.) Field Position - I have been amazed all year how Lipscomb has one this battle.

3.) Time Management - DL has eaten up the clock on drives at the same time has not allowed many big play from their opponents.

These are some of the "little things" that will determine the game.

LA fans or fans of teams that have seen these team play. List your keys to the game.

Finally, please no insults or personal attacks. There is a thread full of those and I would like to know more about LA and talk some football

These were my keys and LA won all 3.

1.) LA's O Line did not let the defensive front get much penetration.

2.) LA kept us on our hills

3.) The opening drive of the 3rd quarter ate over 6 minutes, eventhough no score. It shortened the game and was in the back of my mind at least when we decided to go for 4th and long with less than 6 minutes to go.

Again congrats.