Antioch coach resigns

shadow

Well tut was correct. Coach Mcphail resigned today and is going to Ryan as an assistant. Names metioned as candidates are Ron Aydelott [HB], Jason Bush [Antioch assistant], & Ralph Thompson [MW].

Shadow,

I think Antioch would be very smart to two take a look at either Chad Kirby defense coordinator at Ravenwood or Mike Woodward offensive coordinator at Ravenwood. Both of these guys are class acts when it comes to coaching. I would hate to lose them because I'm a Ravenwood fan, but they would both make incredible head coaches. I am not sure if either one would make a move from Ravenwood, but both of them are young energetic program builders and one day will be head coaches.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You had had one good previous post then go stupid with this one. Who would be your choice?

I do not seek or need your approval for my posts. To answer your question. I would not presume, [ as others have ] to name any coach, but I think the prinicpal should allow enough time to get a large group of interested coaches to apply. Antioch has the best talent in Nashville, And I agree with the large mummy that it has been wasted the last 3 years. The coach sould have had some experience in offensive, & defensive game planning along with executing these on game nights. He should have worked well with staff members , football & school and be able to interact with the community. That's my pick. Good luck in finding him in metro./

I'm trying to compliment you on a somewhat intelligent prior post. I thought maybe you had gotten over your attitude, but it has returned. Nobody's presuming anything, just stating an opinion on a choice. You must have a coach that you think should be sought after. Be civil and let us at least agree to disagree. Bush is still the best choice, why do think he is not a good pick? There is only one Head Coach that would be a good fit and he is not leaving Hillsboro.

Edited by runtheball

A lot of people don't really like Johnson for some reason. I did not realize that there was such a disdain for the guy. I thought what he did in a short time at Stratford was pretty amazing. With that said, I agree with runtheball in the fact that if Aydelott doesn't want the job, which for some reason (which I don't understand, because he's done everything you could possibly do at Hillsboro at the 4A level), he doesn't, you have to give that job to Coach Bush, he deserves a shot. I just hope whoever gets that job utilizes the forward pass a little more. Antioch has been known to botch these things before. For instance, when you stepped down a few years ago coach, the perfect replacement (Scott Smith) worked two miles away and they still got it wrong. A lot of people don't like Scott because he believes in his coaching abilities a LOT and spoke out on these shams of a coaching search when he publically went after the McGavock job and didn't get it. I mean, he basically told the truth on Brunette and the whole process. He wasn't too smart when he said that the Public School coaches needed to "work harder" though. I think he wanted to couch that differently, but he phrased it poorly. He's a darn good coach, regardless of how people perceive him, and he's going to win at Indy and he would have been dead letter perfect for Antioch. Guys, I just believe in Antioch's ability to win big, if they do the right thing. It's not an easy job, but the talent is on hand. Somebody has just got to light a fire in that program and get those kids attention. You could win Riverdale big at Antioch with the right backing.

Guest catfish-hunter

Bill Johnson

I thought this fellow was gonna return to Nashville to take another job.

HINT: It is the same school where Coach Harris played in High School :D

Whatever he does you've just answered my question pretty much because I wouldn't expect him to back back at Marshall Co. in 2006.

Another topic that went from good discussing the Antioch position to negative concerning Coach Johnson. Please don't discuss things that are not measureable such as his lack of discipline or running a "classless" program. These are things that should be decided by the administration of the school not people who are on the outside judging what coaches do.

I don't think bashing is what's being done. The truth should be known. How do you tell the truth without sometimes being negative? If these things are true ,shouldn't the people that will name the coach know it. McNine, I think Coach Smith is where he should be. Indy and Ezell are places I think he is better off at. I enjoyed working with him and consider him a friend, but he is where he is best suited. Antioch would not be a good job for him, or maybe anywhere in Metro.

From what I hear thing at my old school could get reel wild on monday morning i was up there yesterday and i dont think Johnson has got much suport from anybody aint been no players of his on here talking good for him he dont fit at Lewisburg I hope he is leavin but hope dont rurn things for the next guy

but from what G says it may be two late

things are worser than people now

id like to be a flie on the wall at the baquit