GOODPASTURE VS ALCOA

mjuhb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO , the tuffest opponent Alcoa had in the playoffs was Tyner , then Loudon , then CAK and finally Goodpasture. Not being negative , just expressing my opinion. :thumb:

The best team, on that night anyway, was McCallie, then Tyner and Loudon. The best team we played all year was Maryville hands down.

I would pay 100 bucks to watch them play a post season match !!! Now that would be some High School football

I hope the young football players in attendance at the game or at home watching on TV are doing so under the supervision of their parents. In my opinion this not the type of football that our youth should be watching.

If I had been sitting at home watching this game on tv instead of being at Murfreesboro because my team hadn't made it, I would be envious of the talent I was watching too and wouldn't dare want that team to make any kind reaction to their good efforts on the field. Make sure when junior gets to Murfreesboro you tell him to not show any emotion, he might make somebody back at home feel bad. If you think the game should have been watched with parental supervision, maybe they should have rated this game "R" for respect, which is what Alcoa deserves! :rolleyes:

Steelersfan, The Alcoa TEAM has my respect, but the "celebration" or enthusiasm that SOME players show on the field is not what I want my son to see. You are correct in saying that our Team, which is CAK, did not play for the State Championship this year and we were sitting at home watching the game. However I want my son the understand that the attention that some players are bringing to themselves and NOT THE TEAM is something he needs to stay away from.

I want to congratulate Alcoa on a wonderful season this year. Hopefully we will see you on the Middle School field next year, but if not we are looking forward to playing on Friday nights.

Steelersfan, The Alcoa TEAM has my respect, but the "celebration" or enthusiasm that SOME players show on the field is not what I want my son to see. You are correct in saying that our Team, which is CAK, did not play for the State Championship this year and we were sitting at home watching the game. However I want my son the understand that the attention that some players are bringing to themselves and NOT THE TEAM is something he needs to stay away from.

I want to congratulate Alcoa on a wonderful season this year. Hopefully we will see you on the Middle School field next year, but if not we are looking forward to playing on Friday nights.

Thank you for your congratulations and best of luck to CAK. They are a very good team and will be a force to be reckoned with. I guess we'll just have to disagree on this issue. I do not see anything wrong with a player being excited about making a big play...be it a tackle, sack, interception, big run, catch or touchdown. I have watched all the games today and most players that have made a big play have been excited and shows high enthusiasm for their efforts. I don't know why Alcoa continues to get picked on about this when all teams have players that do it. All players may not celebrate the same way or to your liking, but they are all individuals with their own personalities.

I'm sorry if you don't want your son seeing "some" players being happy with their accomplishments. Let's be fair and admit that all teams have players that do some sort of celebrating. It's not just an Alcoa thing. You are definatley free to feel the way you do though. :lol: