ALCOA AA State Champs !

SPLITBACK

Alcoa is one of the most impressive teams I have seen in a while. The amazing thing to me is that MARYVILLE a team that doesnt have the best talent in the world beat these guys 41 -21. WOW !!!! That is a impressive acomplishment if you ask me. I would love to see ALCOA play OAK RIDGE or TROUSDALE. and I think they would win. MARYVILLE = how do they do it every year.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa would outclass anyone in 1 thru 3 A just with their athletes at least in '05. Gonna be a different story in '06 I think. The Tornadoes would beat many 4 and 5 A playoff teams but just don't match up well with the the top 4 and 5 programs.

Alcoa did play Maryville a tough game in '04 but just got swamped in '05.

Alcoa would outclass anyone in 1 thru 3 A just with their athletes at least in '05. Gonna be a different story in '06 I think. The Tornadoes would beat many 4 and 5 A playoff teams but just don't match up well with the the top 4 and 5 A programs.

Alcoa would outclass anyone in 1 thru 3 A just with their athletes at least in '05. Gonna be a different story in '06 I think. The Tornadoes would beat many 4 and 5 A playoff teams but just don't match up well with the the top 4 and 5 A programs.

Guest catfish-hunter

Alcoa would outclass anyone in 1 thru 3 A just with their athletes at least in '05. Gonna be a different story in '06 I think. The Tornadoes would beat many 4 and 5 A playoff teams but just don't match up well with the the top 4 and 5 programs.

REALLY????

I think it was David Lipscomb, who is playing for a 3A state title tomorrow afternoon, who beat Alcoa 55-6 in the state semifinals in the playoffs two years ago. Alcoa beat Lipscomb last year 35-14 but the way I see it those two teams would be a pretty good ballgame if both came in with their A-GAME :angry:

Oak Ridge, Maryville, Riverdale, Ravenwood, Brentwood, and Melrose would all beat Alcoa if both played tomorrow.

That's just my personal opinion and I didn't bash on you personally in any way shape or form so please no bashing :thumb:

Congratz to Alcoa.

Alcoa is no Maryville or Oak Ridge. True the coaching is great but like many people the hard playing and tough kids playing for Maryville are over looked, by the local press and many others. That's Ok we'll take the wins and gold balls over the hype the other teams any day.

I agree Alcoa is Alcoa (and I love them) and MHS and ORHS are who they are, but to say that Maryville players are overlooked or that they don't get the hype-man you must not live in BC because all you catch on the radio or front page is Maryville... I listened to Alcoa Via the net tonight (The Blount Co commentators barely knew Alcoa players except for Duck and Joei), but my folks will be watching my nephew and Maryville tomorrow so don't think this is spewing Maryville hate it's just the truth in a county that houses two championship teams.

I agree Alcoa is Alcoa (and I love them) and MHS and ORHS are who they are, but to say that Maryville players are overlooked or that they don't get the hype-man you must not live in BC because all you catch on the radio or front page is Maryville... I listened to Alcoa Via the net tonight (The Blount Co commentators barely knew Alcoa players except for Duck and Joei), but my folks will be watching my nephew and Maryville tomorrow so don't think this is spewing Maryville hate it's just the truth in a county that houses two championship teams.

Sir

I live right here in BC and really the truth is the local paper is the pits in coverage, but IMO Alcoa was way over hyped here localy and state wide. They are a great 2A team and proved it tonight, but facing a real power they fold. The TV coverage was great and Goodpasture was never in the game after the first five min. Alcoa did not run all over GP, but took advantage of the many mistakes GP made. That is what good teams do to gain the edge. Still dancing and flexing in the endzones is too much for me, but congratz to AHS. Hope all are safe getting home.