ALCOA AA State Champs !

SPLITBACK

Alcoa would outclass anyone in 1 thru 3 A just with their athletes at least in '05. Gonna be a different story in '06 I think. The Tornadoes would beat many 4 and 5 A playoff teams but just don't match up well with the the top 4 and 5 programs.

Alcoa did play Maryville a tough game in '04 but just got swamped in '05.

Maryville's the one that did not play a good game in 04. They should have hung 40 plus on them easily.

Alcoa is a great 2A program and lets leave it at that. :thumb:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir

I live right here in BC and really the truth is the local paper is the pits in coverage, but IMO Alcoa was way over hyped here localy and state wide. They are a great 2A team and proved it tonight, but facing a real power they fold. The TV coverage was great and Goodpasture was never in the game after the first five min. Alcoa did not run all over GP, but took advantage of the many mistakes GP made. That is what good teams do to gain the edge. Still dancing and flexing in the endzones is too much for me, but congratz to AHS. Hope all are safe getting home.

Overhyped? They were touted to repeat as AA Champs and they did that true to form. There were reported to a few legit D1 players and they do! The hope was that they beat Maryville, but didn't-so a AAAA team beat a AA team by 20 points on their way to another 4A title I'm happy for them, we both agree that the Daily misprint is the pits, but don't let WBCR off the hook(the 'r' must stand for Rebels) so don't try to convince these people that Maryville doesn't get their fair share of HYPE in the county, state and nation-you would be a liar.

Overhyped? They were touted to repeat as AA Champs and they did that true to form. There were reported to a few legit D1 players and they do! The hope was that they beat Maryville, but didn't-so a AAAA team beat a AA team by 20 points on their way to another 4A title I'm happy for them, we both agree that the Daily misprint is the pits, but don't let WBCR off the hook(the 'r' must stand for Rebels) so don't try to convince these people that Maryville doesn't get their fair share of HYPE in the county, state and nation-you would be a liar.

A Liar? Man everytime some one gets on here a points out an opinion of alcoa's hype they get called names.

Let's see Alcoa is 14-1 again? I think last year they were like 14-1 right. D1 Prospects are just that, prospects. Personally, I don't think Alcoa has a legit D1 Player comming out this year. Beating up on 2A this and last year is a far cry from what D1 ball is like.

look I'll stop for now. Alcoa has some very good HS players who have done a great thing by repeating and showing the world what kind of football kids from blount co. plays. And by the way Maryville's hype has been earned by winning SIX gold balls in 7 years, thats results not hype my friend. Win or lose another gold ball this year, Maryville will still beat Alcoa next year. Enjoy your victory and watch out for Gatlinburg Pitman, they hate you guys!

REALLY????

I think it was David Lipscomb, who is playing for a 3A state title tomorrow afternoon, who beat Alcoa 55-6 in the state semifinals in the playoffs two years ago. Alcoa beat Lipscomb last year 35-14 but the way I see it those two teams would be a pretty good ballgame if both came in with their A-GAME :lol:

Oak Ridge, Maryville, Riverdale, Ravenwood, Brentwood, and Melrose would all beat Alcoa if both played tomorrow.

That's just my personal opinion and I didn't bash on you personally in any way shape or form so please no bashing :thumb:

Yeah you better watch out catfish, they will be after you next for sharing your opinion.

For those that say they don't have any legit D-1 prospects coming out is a little far fetched. Warren and Lindsey are both studs and are legit D-1 prospects and if you don't think they are, how about you share why you don't think they are.

Congratz to Alcoa.

Alcoa is no Maryville or Oak Ridge. True the coaching is great but like many people the hard playing and tough kids playing for Maryville are over looked, by the local press and many others. That's Ok we'll take the wins and gold balls over the hype the other teams any day.

You are right.......the athletes at skill positions are better. Best talent I have seen on a team at one time, and I have seen some good ones......

REALLY????

I think it was David Lipscomb, who is playing for a 3A state title tomorrow afternoon, who beat Alcoa 55-6 in the state semifinals in the playoffs two years ago. Alcoa beat Lipscomb last year 35-14 but the way I see it those two teams would be a pretty good ballgame if both came in with their A-GAME :lol:

Oak Ridge, Maryville, Riverdale, Ravenwood, Brentwood, and Melrose would all beat Alcoa if both played tomorrow.

That's just my personal opinion and I didn't bash on you personally in any way shape or form so please no bashing :thumb:

David Lipscomb could not play with Alcoa on most any given day with this team. Alcoa can play with any of the big schools you mentioned. There is not a school you mentioned that has the athletes Alcoa has. None of these schools would want to play Alcoa right now.......they peaked at the right time........and no.......I am not an Alcoa fan by any means.......I just call it the way I see it. I don't give compliments easily on this board, but Alcoa gets my props.

David Lipscomb could not play with Alcoa on most any given day with this team. Alcoa can play with any of the big schools you mentioned. There is not a school you mentioned that has the athletes Alcoa has. None of these schools would want to play Alcoa right now.......they peaked at the right time........and no.......I am not an Alcoa fan by any means.......I just call it the way I see it. I don't give compliments easily on this board, but Alcoa gets my props.

You go tell Melrose that Alcoa has more athletes than them and they will laugh in your face. Alcoa is good yes. But they are not even in the Top 10 in the state. It is amazing what some people think on this board. There is a big difference between 2a and 5a ball.

Sir

I live right here in BC and really the truth is the local paper is the pits in coverage, but IMO Alcoa was way over hyped here localy and state wide. They are a great 2A team and proved it tonight, but facing a real power they fold. The TV coverage was great and Goodpasture was never in the game after the first five min. Alcoa did not run all over GP, but took advantage of the many mistakes GP made. That is what good teams do to gain the edge. Still dancing and flexing in the endzones is too much for me, but congratz to AHS. Hope all are safe getting home.

just got in from the game. great alcoa performance. all of you from outside the knoxville area need to just ignore anything that this guy says. his opinion is so far narrow minded, he makes some politicians look reasonable.

to say that alcoa has no legit d1 prospects is just plain stupid. alcoa has the athletes to play at big time college schools and that is not one opinion but the opinion of many.

brandon warren is not legit????????? he is the topic of many florida state chat boards.

goodpasture made mistakes but alcoa caused alot of those. i suppose 55-13 is not a legit win????????

bottom line is that this guy thinks that everything has to be about maryville. maryville deserve credit for doing what they have and should get recognized for it. but it sounds like to me that this guy is jealous that alcoa is getting recognized for having great players who are not apart of maryville's team. he is jealous that alcoa has a mr football winner and maryville does not. he is jealous that there will be more seniors from alcoa playing major college ball next year than maryville seniors.

you really want to get him going??????? the maryville-alcoa game this year was not legit. the rebs would not have an answer for warren. he can split out wide and with his physical abilities and speed, maryville has no answer for him. no one else has either. i can tell you that ryan maples couldn't cover him.

would alcoa beat these so called "real" powerhouses????? not sure, but i can tell you this: you might be surprised. i believe that in a scrimmage this year, alcoa beat oak ridge. before you say, "it doesn't mean anything," i believe some maryville fans have been using that same justification for arguing that maryville would beat oak ridge.

this guy's assumption is that just b/c you play at a 2a school, you are not a legit d1 prospect. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tell that to leroy thompson (a-e) penn state, bruce wilkerson (loudon) tennessee, shannon mitchell (alcoa) georgia, billy williams (alcoa) tennessee, chad pennington (webb 2a at the time) marshall, cory anderson (a-e) tennessee, patrick turner (goodpasture) usc. i could go on and on. this is ridiculous.

get over it!!!!!!! alcoa has players who are good enough to be on a d1 squad and maryville doesn't have as many.

to all who read this: help me show this guy how wrong he is. list 2a players who have gone on to play d1 college football.