Shiverdecker is the Best RB in Nation for 2006-2007

ScoutOne4U

Shivy is a great player, and a great youngman. I watched all the games and he came to a bunch of the midget games as he has family on the team. The most remarkable thing I think this young man has is a great attitude about life. I have never not seen him smiling and he is very humble. It is great to see him play around with the young kids.

If he, and many of the other Alcoa players, is a thug I hope my 3 sons grow up just like him.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think sometimes the artificial turf makes players look better than what they actually are. I'm not saying this kid isn't a good back, but you can't make those same cuts on grass.

He's done the same thing on grass all year. He is just so shifty people can't get him. And about the weight. I see coach Reid putting 10-15 pounds on him over the off-season. If he does his workouts and gives his it all I think we will see him on tv a lot more. But if he doesnt put on weight then i think he could still go to some small D1 school or a D2 school.

I do NOT like players that jump schools. We scrimmaged Jeff County in the spring of 04 when SHIVY played for them. He showed us NOTHING......got busted 2 times on the first series and he wanted to come out of the game fast. To me.....he was NOTHING. I still think it is SORRY that he bailed on his team like that and I never quite understod how he was eligible so fast. :rolleyes:

You want to see the best TB in the area....take a look at the 5A thread at the link of Spencer Gulmire. It is on the OR/ Ravenwood thread. THAT is a PLAYER and he is at the SAME school that he started with.

From what I understand, he did not "bail" on his team. He had to move to Alcoa because his mother is or was having health problems. Her family lives in Alcoa and they moved here to be closer to her family during her health crisis. You really think a kid can just up and decide he wants to switch schools whenever he feels like it? right.

From what I understand, he did not "bail" on his team. He had to move to Alcoa because his mother is or was having health problems. Her family lives in Alcoa and they moved here to be closer to her family during her health crisis. You really think a kid can just up and decide he wants to switch schools whenever he feels like it? right.

yes I do....just ask Marques Locke.

Sorry........I know a lot more about how he ended up at Alcoa than you will ever know.

yes I do....just ask Marques Locke.

Sorry........I know a lot more about how he ended up at Alcoa than you will ever know.

I bet I know more than you do about it though. Funny you say you don`t like players that move schools, I bet you had no problem with players that have transferred to Oakland. Its sad that Oakland's claim to fame this season is shutting down a hurt Chris Shiverdecker in a SPRING scrimmage, but hey whatever helps you sleep. I`m happy for Chris, I`m just sad he didn`t have this opportunity at Jeff County(but thats another story).

I think sometimes the artificial turf makes players look better than what they actually are. I'm not saying this kid isn't a good back, but you can't make those same cuts on grass.

Having seen Chris for 3 years of high school ball, and 3 years of middle, I can assure you that his game doesn`t suffer on grass. As far as being the best RB in the nation next year, thats a big stretch. He`ll probably be the best in the state, but even thats a matter of personal opinion. I do know this, whether he goes to a D1 school or not will be up to him. If he puts on 10-20lbs and keeps improving, he should be able to hand pick his school.

Shivy wasn't hurt in the spring ...he started the scrimmage . You wouldn't even be in for a snap if you were hurt. You don't chance stuff like that for a scrimmage. ...simply didn't have the DESIRE to finish it after asking to be taken out after Kaelin and Stell got a piece of him.

I do not support moving schools no matter what the situation is. If you knew me...you would know that. Play in your own zone. FINISH what you START .

BTW.....that is certainly not our claim to fame either. But I was simply waiting for you to jump in here after being sooooo silent for sooooooo long. You haven't been missed either.

Shivy wasn't hurt in the spring ...he started the scrimmage . You wouldn't even be in for a snap if you were hurt. You don't chance stuff like that for a scrimmage. ...simply didn't have the DESIRE to finish it after asking to be taken out after Kaelin and Stell got a piece of him.

I do not support moving schools no matter what the situation is. If you knew me...you would know that. Play in your own zone. FINISH what you START .

BTW.....that is certainly not our claim to fame either. But I was simply waiting for you to jump in here after being sooooo silent for sooooooo long. You haven't been missed either.

Players don`t scrimmage hurt, thats a new one. Spencer Gulmire scrimmaged Maryville hurt this year, and he started. Guess what, he didn`t dominate, but that doesn`t mean he wasn`t a very good RB. Unless you are a mind reader, you don`t know a players motives are. Chris has faced a lot better and harder hitting defenses than your fake "pain train" Oakland defense and showed he could take hits and keep on going. Its truly amazing to me that you will openly rip players, but heaven forbid someone say the TRUTH about someone you consider to be a saint.